Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Valley

Happy Valley

BBC One has released the first trailer for their upcoming kidnapping drama Happy Valley. The six part series, which is being toplined by Last Tango In Halifax and The Paradise alum Sarah Lancashire, is set to premiere On Tuesday April 29th at 9pm. Created by Sally Wainwright, Happy Valley follows Catherine Crowther (Sarah Lancashrie), a no-nonsense police sergeant who heads up a team of dedicated police officers in a rural valley in Yorkshire. When a staged kidnapping quickly spirals out of control and turns into a much more brutal and vicious series of crimes, Catherine finds herself involved in something significantly bigger than her rank, but unknowingly close to home. The series is produced by Red Production Company and stars Sarah Lancashire (The Paradise), Joe Armstrong (Robin Hood), Steve Pemberton (Whitechapel), Siobhan Finneran (Downton Abbey), George Costigan (Calendar Girls), James Norton (Death Comes to Pemberley), Adam Long (Waterloo Road), Karl Davies (Game of Thrones), Ramon Tikaram (EastEnders) and Charlie Murphy (The Village).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-04-2014)

I enjoyed watching The Paradise and Last Tango In Halifax and now I am hooked on Happy Valley.
    What a fine actress Sarah Lancashire is.

A second series of Happy Valley is in the planning stages, creator Sally Wainwright has confirmed.

Wainwright told Radio Times that there is "potential" for another run, though she is yet to receive the official nod from BBC One.

"It's something that I hope we'll be able to do again," she said. "There isn't officially a series two. But it's certainly got the potential. I've some tentative ideas for a whole new story for Catherine, Clare and Ryan."

The writer also responded to accusations that Happy Valley contained "gratuitous" violence, branding the show's critics "naive".

"Gratuitous violence is what you see on video games, Game of Thrones or - from what I've heard - things like Luther," she argued. "There, you don't even know who the victim is and it's just a body on a slab in a morgue.

"The violence in Happy Valley was about women who we knew and cared for. And that was the whole point."

The first series of Happy Valley climaxed last night on BBC One, pulling in an audience of 6.3m viewers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (05-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    A second series of Happy Valley is in the planning stages, creator Sally Wainwright has confirmed.

Wainwright told Radio Times that there is "potential" for another run, though she is yet to receive the official nod from BBC One.

"It's something that I hope we'll be able to do again," she said. "There isn't officially a series two. But it's certainly got the potential. I've some tentative ideas for a whole new story for Catherine, Clare and Ryan."

The writer also responded to accusations that Happy Valley contained "gratuitous" violence, branding the show's critics "naive".

"Gratuitous violence is what you see on video games, Game of Thrones or - from what I've heard - things like Luther," she argued. "There, you don't even know who the victim is and it's just a body on a slab in a morgue.

"The violence in Happy Valley was about women who we knew and cared for. And that was the whole point."

The first series of Happy Valley climaxed last night on BBC One, pulling in an audience of 6.3m viewers.
    I am thrilled that there is potential for a second series! I hope it goes ahead.

This was one of the best tv series I have seen in a long time and Sarah Lancashire is just amazing in every role that she does

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (05-05-2015)

really enjoyed this series which finally caught recently sarah lanchasire is amazing she gets better every role

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-05-2015), Perdita (03-05-2015), tammyy2j (05-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    really enjoyed this series which finally caught recently sarah lanchasire is amazing she gets better every role
    It was fantastic wasn't it? I agree about Sarah Lancashire - she's outstanding.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-05-2015), Perdita (03-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    yes and i hope james norton has a great career as well excellent in his role and easy on the eyes too

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-05-2015)

yes and i hope james norton has a great career as well excellent in his role and easy on the eyes too

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    His character was way too repulsive for me to find him attractive!

His character was way too repulsive for me to find him attractive!
    i like dark villains im disturbed

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-05-2015)

Thread Information