Thread: New Bad Boy for Hollyoaks

New Bad Boy for Hollyoaks

Irish actor Emmett Scanlan has been cast as a new bad boy character in Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.

The 30-year-old begins filming with the teen serial next month as Brenden, a sinister new arrival with a dark past.

Scanlan has appeared in a variety of small TV and film parts since 2004, but Hollyoaks will be his first major acting job. His previous credits include appearances on Irish medical drama The Clinic and the 2008 movie Freakdog.

Speaking of his Hollyoaks appointment, Scanlan told the Evening Herald: "I've just booked a leading role in it which starts in May and I'm a bad-ass in it. I play a bad guy with a dark secret who goes by name of Brenden.

"It's a good healthy stint of six to seven months and I can't wait to get started. It's all about new experiences and Hollyoaks has a very impressive history. It's great to be part of it."

Scanlan is the latest in a string of new signings which have been announced since new producer Paul Marquess joined the Chester-based drama in January.

Since taking the helm at the soap's home in Liverpool, Marquess has instigated a mass shake-up of the soap's cast and creative teams.

Last week, he announced a hoard of new signings, including former Bill actress Kim Tiddy, with whom he hopes will help reinvent the serial.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-04-2010), tammyy2j (20-04-2010)

This is what he looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-04-2010), tammyy2j (20-04-2010)

This is Kim Tiddy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is this guy connected to Cheryl?

thats a possibility, it sounds good, I love the bad boys!

Hope this is the start of the turn-a-round for Hollyoaks, I can't stick with it much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is this guy connected to Cheryl?
    Marquess also hinted that fans will be surprised by what is in store for bubbly Cheryl Brady (Bronagh Waugh) and long-standing character Darren Osborne (Ashley Taylor Dawson) over the coming months.

He said: "I love Cheryl. Big things are happening for her - we're bringing in a very nasty man indeed to make her life a misery.

"I think Ashley Taylor Dawson, who plays Darren, is a really strong actor, and by the end of this year we'll see a very different side to his character."

Thread Information