Neighbours' UK talent hunt winner Gabriella Darlington has confirmed that she is hoping to land more acting roles following her success in the competition.

Earlier this year, Darlington secured the four-week guest role of Poppy Rogers on the long-running programme after triumphing in the final stage of Channel 5's 'Be A Star on Neighbours' contest.

Poppy was seen on UK screens for the first time in yesterday's episode of the Ramsay Street soap. Meanwhile, in real life, Darlington has now started university in Bristol, where she is studying geography.

Speaking to Holy Soap about her acting ambitions, the student explained: "I hadn't properly considered it before. But I will definitely try and get involved in more stuff and do bits and bobs now.

"I'm trying to find an agent and hopefully when my stuff comes out on Neighbours it will be easier to make a showreel. I'll go forwards for anything and see what happens."

Asked about the possibility of a comeback for Poppy, she replied: "I don't want to get my hopes up but obviously would never turn any offer down! But it was only a month's contract so I'll see. I had no previous acting experience and I hope I wasn't too awful!"

Darlington beat 1,600 other hopefuls to win the part of Poppy.