Thread: Ex-Corrie stars welcome first child

Ex-Corrie stars welcome first child

Former Coronation Street stars Rupert Hill and Jenny Platt have become parents for the first time.

The couple, who played Weatherfield lovers Jamie Baldwin and Violet Wilson, welcomed baby daughter Matilda on Sunday. Their new arrival weighed in at 7lb 10oz.

Hill announced the news on Twitter earlier this week, telling fans: "Today I am a father."

In another update posted yesterday, he added: "My daughter is called Matilda. I wish I could show you a pic, but these walls have eyes. Jen is fine too."

A source close to the pair told The Sun: "Rupert and Jenny are absolutely thrilled. They couldn't be happier with their bouncing baby girl.

"The baby was two weeks overdue and they were so pleased to finally meet her. Rupert is over the moon and both mother and baby are doing well."

Congratulations to them

Two weeks overdue - that must have been a nightmare, mine were only 3 days late and that was bad enough. Love the name. Many congrats to them.

Aw congratulations to them both.. I was two weeks overdue it was a nightmare. I was so fed up.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information