Thread: Sir Ian McKellen rules out Corrie return

Sir Ian McKellen rules out Corrie return

Sir Ian McKellen has confirmed that he won't ever make another appearance on Coronation Street.

The actor, who starred on the soap for a brief stint in 2005 as conman Mel Hutchwright, was asked to return to the show by actress Betty Driver.

He told PA: "Only last week, Betty Driver [who plays barmaid Betty] sent me a letter asking when I was going back to the Street."

However, the star ruled out coming back, saying that it would seem unrealistic if his character returned.

McKellen added: "But no, I was playing a character who couldn't possibly go back. He'd left so much damage behind him, he wouldn't be welcome."

Im getting a severe case of DEJA-VU here. This is a similar post to http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...stEnders-dream only with the emphasis on him not appearing back on Corrie

He was on This Morning talking about The Prisoner. Phil & Holly asked him about a corrie return as he said he loved being in the show but couldn't return as he had done a bunk with the money.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    He was on This Morning talking about The Prisoner. Phil & Holly asked him about a corrie return as he said he loved being in the show but couldn't return as he had done a bunk with the money.
    That interview in which he said the same as above is http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...stEnders-dream

Thread Information