Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ada Nicodemou

Ada Nicodemou Pregnant

AFTER a tumultuous few years, Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has announced she is pregnant.

The Gold Logie nominee said she was crying with joy when she discovered she was pregnant with her first child to husband Chrys Xipolitas.

The Please Marry My Boy host is three months pregnant and said going to IVF was the best thing she ever did.

"We'd been trying for a year all up, I guess, and I was so focused on getting pregnant I couldn't think of anyone else... it's all I've been talking about for years,'' Nicodemou told New Idea magazine.

"In the end IVF was seriously the best thing we did.

"I doesn't usually happen on the first go and we didn't want to get our hopes up too much, but we were very lucky.

"I'm really looking forward to it - I just wish we didn't have to wait another 27 weeks."

The Home and Away favourite's marriage hit a rough patch in 2010 when she and Xipolitas, 37, temporarily separated, partly as a result of his battle with depression.

"You know everything happens for a reason,'' Nicodemou said.

"This is the right time for us to have a baby. We've been through some difficulties and come out all the stronger."

Nicodemou, 34, said she was yet to find out the sex of the baby.

"Chrys can't wait to find out the sex but he can't keep a secret and I'd rather have a surprise. To be honest, I don't mind either way as long as it's healthy."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...#ixzz1mv67sHAY

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kmmh58 For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (20-02-2012)

So will Leah be pregnant again?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    So will Leah be pregnant again?
    Either that or they hide her bump as long as she is filming. I hope she is not going to quit as Leah once she has the baby

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-02-2012)

Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has revealed that she is not sure how her pregnancy will be written into the show.

The Australian actress, who announced last week that she is 15 weeks pregnant to husband Chrys Xipolitas, said that the news that she is expecting her first baby came as a surprise to everyone.

Nicodemou told The Daily Telegraph: "I sprung it on them like I did everyone else, so they're rewriting as we speak. The producer knew because I had to go through IVF. I don't know what they're going to do."

There have been rumours of a "baby" plot line between her character Leah Patterson-Baker and Summer Bay's resident bad boy Brax (Steven Peacocke), but Nicodemou said: "I think maybe we should get a new character in. I think Leah should have a one-night stand. I think she needs to live a little."

The 34-year-old star said that her decision to undergo IVF treatment in order to conceive was the "best thing" that she has ever done.

"I'm a control freak and I started getting really stressed about not falling pregnant," she said. "But the minute I decided to do IVF, it took all that stress away and you feel more in control. Now I'm really calm. I think I'm the most relaxed I have ever been."

Nicodemou's character Leah suffered a miscarriage last year after falling pregnant to friend Miles (Josh Quong Tart).

Home and Away's script producer Louise Bowes has admitted that writing Ada Nicodemou's pregnancy into the show has been challenging.

The actress, who plays Leah Patterson-Baker in the Australian soap, announced her pregnancy last month and it was later revealed that it would form part of Leah's storyline.

"It does throw things out of whack, that's for sure - undoing and redoing story retrospectively is always a challenge, but having said that, Ada's pregnancy is such lovely news that none of us mind the extra work at all," Bowes told Yahoo.

"We're just so happy for her and Chris and wish them both well. Anything is possible in Summer Bay, but I can guarantee it'll be an interesting journey for Leah."

She added: "We were faced with the challenge on All Saints of dealing with Georgie Parker's pregnancy - that was a tricky one given that Georgie's character was a nun!"

Nicodemou's character Leah suffered a miscarriage last year after falling pregnant to friend Miles (Josh Quong Tart).

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has said that she won't rush back to work after she gives birth later this year.

The actress and husband Chrys Xipolitas are currently expecting their first child together following a course of IVF treatment. Their baby is due to arrive in August.

Home and Away bosses are thought to be rewriting storylines for Nicodemou's character Leah Patterson-Baker to explain her baby bump and upcoming absence from screens.

Nicodemou told TV Week: "I kind of slipped into acting and am still going all these years later. I am sure I will miss Leah, but I'm also sure I will be quite busy with the baby.

"I am really excited about being pregnant and I can't wait to meet my baby, and to tell the truth, I don't want to rush back to work too soon."

Pondering the possibility of a dramatic exit for Leah, she commented: "The poor little baby! They say babies hear and feel things, so who knows how the baby will react if it's a dramatic storyline?"

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 in the UK and weekdays at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia.

So they will have to write her out for a while then

It is time for Leah to go Greece for a year or two

I love Leah, but I do feel the character herself needs a break. It's like they don't know what to do with her. Just constanly going after relationships that never seem to last.. we've seen it a million times before with Leah.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has revealed that she is not sure how her pregnancy will be written into the show.

The Australian actress, who announced last week that she is 15 weeks pregnant to husband Chrys Xipolitas, said that the news that she is expecting her first baby came as a surprise to everyone.

Nicodemou told The Daily Telegraph: "I sprung it on them like I did everyone else, so they're rewriting as we speak. The producer knew because I had to go through IVF. I don't know what they're going to do."

There have been rumours of a "baby" plot line between her character Leah Patterson-Baker and Summer Bay's resident bad boy Brax (Steven Peacocke), but Nicodemou said: "I think maybe we should get a new character in. I think Leah should have a one-night stand. I think she needs to live a little."

The 34-year-old star said that her decision to undergo IVF treatment in order to conceive was the "best thing" that she has ever done.

"I'm a control freak and I started getting really stressed about not falling pregnant," she said. "But the minute I decided to do IVF, it took all that stress away and you feel more in control. Now I'm really calm. I think I'm the most relaxed I have ever been."

I would rather she have a one night stand and then fade into the background than to have them write a totally contrived pregnancy with Brax.

Didnt Leah tell Miles she had asked Sid to tie her tubes so she couldnt have anymore kids which why her and Miles broke up I cant see why when Leah does become pregnant again she would keep the baby it makes zero sense given the past storyline
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 20-03-2012 at 10:57.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

alan45 (20-03-2012), lizann (21-03-2012)

Thread Information