Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ada Nicodemou

Ada Nicodemou

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has separated from husband Chrys Xipolitas, according to a report.

The actress, who plays Summer Bay's Leah Patterson-Baker, is taking time out from her marriage after both parties decided that the relationship 'wasn't working', the Herald Sun claims.

A source told the newspaper: "It has happened, but it's just too personal for either of them to talk about it right now. She won't be commenting one way or the other."

Nicodemou was not wearing her wedding ring when she was pictured heading to the Home and Away set today. However, representatives for the star refused to comment on the matter.

The 32-year-old tied the knot with Xipolitas in Sydney three years ago.

Shame

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-04-2010)

Ada Nicodemou has reportedly decided to give her marriage to Chrys Xipolitas another go.

The Home and Away star, who has been married to restaurant owner Xipolitas for about three years, is believed to have put her wedding ring back on in order to save their relationship.

Xipolitas checked into a Sydney clinic last week to receive treatment for ongoing clinical depression.

A family friend of Nicodemou told Woman's Day magazine: "Her family thought Chrys was the luckiest man in the world to get Ada. No-one was surprised when cracks began showing."

However, the 32-year-old allegedly had a change of heart about their split following a counselling session with her husband.

Would be nice if they could work things out

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-04-2010)

Ada Nicodemou has reportedly got back together with husband Chrys Xipolitas.

The Home and Away star, who plays Leah Patterson-Baker in the Australian soap, allegedly split from Xipolitas last month shortly before he checked himself into a rehab clinic to receive treatment for an ongoing battle with depression.

The couple have been spotted on numerous occasions in the past two weeks and friends of the actress told The Daily Telegraph that they have decided to reconcile.

An onlooker at a Sydney restaurant where Nicodemou and Xipolitas dined earlier this week said: "They looked happy. They weren't kissing and all over each other, but they were relaxed and comfortable."

Nicodemou was seen wearing her wedding ring again at Sunday's Logie Awards, which she attended alone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (09-05-2010)

That is excellent news.
    Too many people these days opt out of marriage when it suits them. I am so glad Ada and herhusband are trying again.
    Leah is one of my fave character on H&A, and I love the partnership between her and Elijia

Ada Nicodemou has reportedly decided that she wants to start a family.

The Home and Away star, who has been married to Sydney restaurateur Chrys Xipolitas for three years, allegedly believes that having a baby could help them get over their recent split.

A friend of the couple told The Daily Telegraph: "If this can be worked out, Ada will find a way."

Nicodemou and Xipolitas briefly split last month and he later sought help for an ongoing battle with depression at a Northern Beaches treatment centre.

A source on the Australian soap has revealed that producers of the show have told Nicodemou that a pregnancy can be written into her character Leah Patterson-Baker's storylines if she manages to conceive.

That would be lovely and it is nice that they would write her pregnancy into the storyline.
    Last edited by Perdita; 13-05-2010 at 08:55.

Ada Nicodemou has spoken out about depression.

The Home and Away actress, whose character Leah suffered from agoraphobia after being caught up in racist riots last year, said that depression is no longer a "taboo subject" thanks to the coverage it gets on television.

Nicodemou's husband Chrys Xipolitas also sought treatment at a Sydney rehab clinic earlier this year while battling depression.

She told TV Week magazine: "I think everyone knows someone who has experienced depression and it isn't a taboo subject anymore.

"It was nice that the show dealt with it and agoraphobia because it isn't something that's always spoken about."

She also said that while filming those storylines, she found it "hard to go home at the end of the day and be happy".

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has revealed that she loves receiving messages from fans on Twitter.

The actress, who plays Leah Patterson-Baker in the soap, admitted that she joined the micro-blogging service to interact with viewers.

"I've never really been into new technology, but social networking like Twitter is hard to ignore. It's good," she told Holy Soap.

"I've had so many positive messages from fans. Some UK and Irish fans tweet to say they have been up to Palm Beach to watch filming and I love hearing how much the show means to them. It makes me proud of what we do.

"The weirdest tweet I've had so far was probably from a friend who didn't believe it was me - they were shocked I had moved with the times and joined Twitter!"

Nicodemou recently confessed that her character will not romantically reunite with Elijah Johnson following actor Jay Laga'aia's return to the show.

Filming of a special block of episodes in Hawaii was halted earlier this month due to poor weather.

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has admitted that she felt helpless during husband Chrys Xipolitas's battle with depression.

The pair briefly split last year and Xipolitas checked into rehab to deal with the disorder.

Nicodemou then reunited with Xipolitas and vowed to make the marriage work, enjoying a second honeymoon to save the relationship.

"I tried to fix it and I didn't understand why he couldn't snap out of it," she told Marie Claire. "For him, there was a lot of shame in admitting he wasn't OK. I felt helpless.

"I think we're a lot stronger because of what we've been through together."

She has now joined forces with Charlotte Dawson, Ricki-Lee Coulter, Samantha Armytage, Jessica Rowe and Asher Keddie in a photoshoot for the magazine's Shine A Light Campaign, which raises awareness of depression.

Nicodemou's latest job will be as host of new Seven series Please Marry My Boy, a reality show in which overbearing mothers marry off their sons.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (28-11-2011)

Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has described herself as a "love junkie".

The 34-year-old Australian actress, who is currently hosting matchmaking TV series Please Marry My Boy, said that she knows what true love means due to the problems she and her husband Chrys Xipolitas have survived.

Nicodemou and Xipolitas married in 2007, but seven months later his Sydney restaurant was destroyed by fire and he suffered from severe depression. The couple briefly split in 2010, but Xipolitas checked himself into rehab and they later reunited.

She told National Features: "I'm sorry, but I really do believe in love. We're in such a good place and have come out the other side really, really happy. It was Chris's choice to talk about it, of course.

"He reckons with depression, the problem is that men don't talk about it. They hide it, they're ashamed of it and he's not ashamed of it and I'm not ashamed of it. I think it's really important to talk about it."

Nicodemou admitted that she found it "difficult" to come to terms with the fact that she couldn't fix Xipolitas's issues, saying: "With other problems you think you can step in and make it better. But you realise you can't and you've got to learn a lot about it.

"You both accept you're both in the wrong and both in the right."

Nicodemou said of the contestants on Please Marry My Boy: "These are real people and they really want to find love. None of them are out to win a prize or money. They're in it for really nice reasons. It's nice... it makes it more real when there's a happy ending."

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has announced that she is pregnant.

The actress and husband Chrys Xipolitas are expecting their first child together following a course of IVF treatment.

Nicodemou told New Idea magazine: "We'd been trying for a year all up, I guess, and I was so focused on getting pregnant I couldn't think of anyone else - it's all I've been talking about for years.

"In the end, IVF was seriously the best thing we did. It doesn't usually happen on the first go and we didn't want to get our hopes up too much, but we were very lucky.

"I'm really looking forward to it - I just wish we didn't have to wait another 27 weeks!"

The 34-year-old, best known for her role as Summer Bay's Leah Patterson-Baker, added that she is looking forward to a happy future with Xipolitas. They split briefly in 2010, but later reunited after Xipolitas had received treatment for depression.

Nicodemou added: "You know, everything happens for a reason. This is the right time for us to have a baby. We've been through some difficulties and come out all the stronger."

I hope her character stays in Home and Away

Thread Information