Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Masood Ahmed (Nitin Ganatra)

Is he and Kamil really leaving and why did Masood leave Kamil all alone while he went out running

EastEnders star Nitin Ganatra to leave Masood Ahmed role
    Exclusive: The actor, who has been a mainstay in Walford since 2007, will exit later this year

EastEnders star Nitin Ganatra to leave Masood
    Actor Nitin Ganatra is to exit EastEnders after nine years in the role of Masood Ahmed, RadioTimes.com can exclusively reveal.
    Ganatra, 49, will depart later in 2016, athough the door is being left open should he wish to return at some point in the future.
    Speaking this evening about his decision to leave the BBC1 soap, Ganatra told RadioTimes.com: “When I trained as an actor, I set out to play many different characters and never did I know that I would be so fortunate to have found a character that I have loved playing for nine years.

"However, after thinking long and hard, I have decided that it is time to get back out there and take on some other roles. I will of course miss everyone at EastEnders - I have had a brilliant time there, and who knows, one day Masood may be back."
    An EastEnders spokesperson added to RT: "We can confirm that Nitin will be leaving EastEnders. Nitin has been a wonderful addition to the cast for the past nine years and we wish him all the best for the future."

Since arriving in the Square in October 2007, the character of postal-worker-turned-market-stall-holder Masood has been involved in no end of drama, including the break-up of his marriage to wife Zainab, his struggle to come to terms with son Syed's homosexuality and a dangerous feud with Zainab's ex-husband Yusef.
    Ganatra shared the award for Best On-Screen Partnership with co-star Nina Wadia at the 2009 British Soap Awards and went on to be nominated for Best Actor in both 2010 and 2011.
    In recent months, Masood has been left the sole remaining member of his screen family following the departure of daughter Shabnam (Rakhee Thakrar) and son Tamwar (Himesh Patel).
    Viewers will now have to wait and see whether Masood goes through with his plan to leave Walford and go travelling - and what this means for his burgeoning romance with Carmel Kazemi (Bonnie Langford).

Masood (Nitin Ganatra, right), struggled to accept son Syed's (Marc Elliott) sexuality
    The news follows recent reports that several cast members will be leaving the show over the coming months and into the New Year. These include Ronnie (Samantha Womack) and Roxy Mitchell (Rita Simons), who made a mutual decision with show bosses to leave as part of a joint exit storyline

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-09-2016), Rear window (02-09-2016)

Has he left?

I remember his party in The Albert and his chat with Denise but no black cab scene

His house is for rent as Stacey said it
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 28-09-2016 at 11:56.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Has he left?

I remember his party in The Albert and his chat with Denise but no black cab scene
    No black cab .. first exit without or is he needing a lot of time to pack? He finished work for definite though

EastEnders favourite Zainab is coming back to Albert Square this week - sort of...

Although she won't be returning to Walford in person, she will be making a very important phone call to her old pal Denise.

During the chat, she has HUGE news but begs her friend not to tell her former hubby Masood.

However, this puts Denise in a bit of a tricky situation as she's also super close with the Albert Square postman.

Although she won't be returning to Walford in person, she will be making a very important phone call to her old pal Denise with some news that will impact Masood

Unsurprisingly, she caves within minutes and reveals all to Masood.

But how will he react? And what exactly is all the fuss about?

It's been three years since Zainab packed her suitcase and left Walford. Now, her former hubby has his eyes set on Belinda.

This week, he thinks the gorgeous brunette feels the same way when she agrees to go for a drink with him at the Vic.

Unfortunately though, it turns out she's just after help with her debt problems.

When he realises Belinda is after money, he gives her a shocking ultimatum; he will loan her the cash and if they then keep their relationship strictly professional or she finds the money another way and they make a go of a relationship...

Hmm... What option do you think she'll go for?

Mirror

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-11-2016)

did she not remarry again

She was due to remarry, but I'm not sure if she did

Maybe Zainab has got divorced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Maybe Zainab has got divorced.
    I think that she maybe seriously ill, can´t see Masood rushing back and leaving Walford because she is getting married ..

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-11-2016), kaz21 (06-11-2016)

Thread Information