Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Livesy Dingle

Emmerdale star Danny Miller is currently embroiled in one of his most talked-about storylines to date, as his character Aaron Livesy remains in a secret relationship with married man Robert Sugden.

The pair have another rocky patch ahead over the next few weeks, but with Robert's hold over Aaron ever-strong, it's surely only a matter of time before they end up back in each other's orbits.

In real life, Danny's work on the high-profile plot has been rewarded with a nomination for Best Actor at the British Soap Awards 2015. Here, he chats to Digital Spy about the recognition and the drama to come.

How does it feel to be up for Best Actor again?
    "I honestly never, ever thought that I'd be given the opportunity to be in the longlist again. It's touching, because everybody works so hard on Emmerdale all year round to make the storylines work so well, and as actors we just portray them. It's always nice for the people behind the scenes to be rewarded with an award as a gesture to them, because it is a team game and that's something I've always said.

"The Soap Awards are something that we'd always love to win - Best Soap would be great. We'll see what happens, but I'm overwhelmed with it because I never really expected it to happen again."

Are you hopeful of making it to the shortlist?
    "Kelvin Fletcher and Mike Parr are also up for Best Actor and hopefully one of us is going to make it through to the shortlist, as it'd be great for someone to be there and represent Emmerdale. Of course I'd love to be there for the team and to accept it on behalf of them, but it's all in the hands of the public - there's not a lot you can do other than to say 'please vote'!

"It'd be great to make it further, but it's something that I wouldn't so devastated about if it didn't happen. It just means a lot that everybody is loving the current storyline and because of that I'm up there in the longlist."

Emmerdale fans would love to see the show get more recognition at the awards, so do you think the show is in with a good chance in general?
    "I hope so as it would be great, but you can never really call these things. People vote for who they want and we've got no idea of finding out how it's going - all we can do is tweet the link to make sure that people know about it.

"People have always said to me in the past that Emmerdale does deserve a few more awards and I agree with them. Hopefully this time people will vote and help to make it happen."

Aaron tells Robert that Donny owes money to someone called Charlie.
    © ITV
    Robert and Aaron

Which storylines from the other cast have you enjoyed watching this year?
    "There's been a load of different storylines, but I've particularly enjoyed Kelvin's story. It's something that I was very touched by because Kelvin was fantastic when Katie died - I just thought that was fantastic.

"Charlotte Bellamy is also up for Best Actress, and rightly so because she's been fantastic with Laurel's alcohol storyline. There are so many storylines out there at the moment, and it shows that Emmerdale is up there with the best soaps. Kate Oates and her team have put the show in a fantastic place."

What is coming up for Aaron over the next few weeks?
    "Aaron decides to keep his head down a little bit after his attack on James, so there's a quiet period there which gives his storyline a bit of a break. There will be a lot more stuff to come, though - particularly with Robert. There's still unfinished business there. The Robert storyline has been Aaron's main port of call this year, so his future is obviously going to involve Robert quite a bit. I think you'll probably start to see Aaron stand up for himself a bit more!"

We know that Aaron does end things with Robert again soon, so why is that? Is it really the end?
    "There's definitely more stuff to come, but it's very much a case of Robert continuing to play the puppet with Chrissie and with Aaron. Eventually Aaron has just had enough. In the next couple of weeks, you'll also see Chrissie find out more about Robert. She doesn't find out about the affair with Aaron, but she discovers some of the other things that her husband has been up to.

"Aaron ends it with Robert because they obviously can't go on as they are. Aaron is constantly feeling guilty about the relationship and going behind Chrissie's back. It's really difficult for Aaron, which you'll see in the weeks to come. With his bad background when it comes to love, he never picks the right one! With a bit of luck he'll stand by his guns and kick Robert out of his life for good - but love's a crazy thing, so you never know!"

Robert confronts Aaron
    © ITV
    Aaron keeps being drawn back to Robert

Is Aaron worried when Chrissie learns that Robert ordered the raid on Home Farm? Obviously he was involved too and it could open a can of worms...
    "Aaron is very streetwise, so he knows that Chrissie doesn't have any proof that he was in there. It was a long time ago and it's more than likely that what happened is never going to be proved. Aaron is quite panicked at first when Chrissie finds out about the raid, but I think Chrissie is just shocked that it was Robert who instigated it all."

Do you think the Aaron and Robert storyline can run for a good while longer?
    "Well, Robert is so conniving and I genuinely haven't ever seen a character like him before. He's connected to that dark world, like we saw recently with Chas and the hitman. He's just got so many different sides to him, so I personally think it can run and run because there's so much depth to the story and lots of opportunities for people to find out certain things about Robert. For example, we haven't been told yet if Chrissie will find out about the affair.

"Personally I think it can run for as long as they want it to. People are really getting involved with it and seem keen to know what will happen next. The writers will sometimes give it a little bit of a break on screen, but then they'll come back and do even more to it. I think that's why the fans are always wanting a bit more of it!"

Will Aaron's self-harm be explored further?
    "There are no imminent plans to bring it back at the moment. I think when Aaron broke his ankle and lost consciousness, he was out there in the cold all night and it hit him mentally rather than just physically. I think Aaron genuinely felt quite scared about how far he'd pushed himself.

"Aaron's self-harm through training is finished, but whenever anything goes wrong in his life, he always turns on himself. It depends if there's more grief to come for him, but there's no more imminent plans for him to self-harm again - although we'll see what happens in the future."

Aaron is trapped
    © ITV
    Aaron's recent accident took its toll on him

Have you been told whether you'll be involved in Emmerdale's big summer storyline?
    "No, we haven't been told anything yet! I'm guessing they'll tell us when they're able to, but they genuinely haven't said what's going to happen yet. What I will say is that the show has got a great team, so whatever they decide to do, I'm sure it'll be great. But I've been off work for a few days so I wouldn't know much because I'm not really in the quick of it at the moment!"

Were you sad when you heard that Paula Tilbrook would be retiring from her role as Betty?
    "I was gutted. I only briefly saw her when she came in and we knew that it was going to be her last filming block. It was actually very emotional because when I joined Emmerdale at the age of 17, she was always the one who sat you down and gave you the advice, but never in a way that was patronising or a way that ever made you feel intimidated. She just wanted to pass her many years of experience on.

"Paula always came onto set with a bag of sweets for everyone to share - the crew and the cast. She's so polite. By rights she could have had a throne in her dressing room, but she never did! She's a credit to Emmerdale and it just shows you how characters can develop in a show over that length of time. Unfortunately I missed her leaving party because I was away, but I think she'll just enjoy her retirement now and by God she deserves it. I wish her nothing but the best and I hope to see her again."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (21-04-2015), maidmarian (20-04-2015)

So then when is a new gay guy going to be brought in for aaron?

Emmerdale airs an explosive week for secret lovers Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden next week as their affair is finally revealed.

Robert's wife Chrissie will discover the truth about his infidelity after a dramatic set of episodes, which see Aaron turn against Robert in spectacular style.

Here, Danny Miller - who plays Aaron - reveals how his character's romantic reunion takes a terrible turn for the worse.

How would you describe Aaron's feelings for Robert at this point?
    "Aaron has always still had feelings for Robert. At the moment he's torn because Paddy is trying to warn him off from Robert without giving him the full reasons why. Aaron is still in love with Robert, so he accuses Paddy of making false accusations against him.

"Aaron is fully aware that Robert is not the most honest and loyal person, but he blocks that out. I think if Aaron actually took a step back from the situation and looked at Robert, he would see him for what he really is."

Why is Aaron so hostile towards Paddy's interference?
    "It's because Paddy isn't explaining the finer details of the situation, including how Robert has been threatening Leo and Rhona. Aaron just thinks that Paddy is saying anything he can to stop him from being with Robert, so he doesn't listen to him. I think Aaron always has to learn the hard way and he certainly does in this case!"

How does Aaron feel when Paddy does come clean and reveal that Robert tried to kill him?
    "He's almost murderous. The news is truly shocking, but all of it fits into place and Aaron can't believe how stupid he's been. He knows that he's been taken for a ride by Robert. When Paddy explains that Robert turned the grain machine on, Aaron finally realises that he's right and it's very much the truth."

Paddy wants Aaron to stay away from Robert, but it sounds like Aaron has other ideas...
    "Definitely, because Aaron has always been somebody who's quite defiant with Chas and Paddy. He doesn't want to hear Paddy's advice - he's still quite immature in that sense. Aaron thinks that's it as far as his relationship with Robert is concerned, but now it's about revenge for Paddy and the threats that Robert made against Leo and Rhona.

"Aaron sees them as his surrogate family, so he'll always jump in to defend them. The minute he hears what's been going on, he can't take it anymore and he makes his own plan to finish Robert for good."

What does Aaron decide to do?
    "Aaron books the two of them a private holiday lodge where nobody would find them. He wants to get Robert there - it's the perfect place because it's very quiet and they'll be all alone in the woods."

Is Robert in danger?
    "Robert's very much in danger because Aaron is determined to get his revenge. That's the type of character that he is and that's why it's so good playing him! He'll just go and do his own thing and learn the hard way! Aaron has his own plan for what's going to happen, but with Robert being the type of person that he is, he could be underestimating him!"

What is Aaron's plan?
    "Aaron wants to find out exactly what happened with Paddy. When they're at the holiday lodge, Robert pushes himself on Aaron but Aaron really doesn't want it. It's all too much for him - he can't kiss Robert as he can't fake it anymore.

"Instead Aaron goes at Robert and starts talking about Paddy. Robert finally admits it, so Aaron is surprised that he's now got a confession out of him for that.

"Afterwards, Aaron asks what Robert did to Katie. Months of guilt and emotion come out for Aaron at that point, because he still regrets taking Katie to the barn where she died."

What does Robert say about Katie's death?
    "He admits that he pushed her. Aaron always thought that she just fell, but now he knows that it wasn't just an accident. It's manslaughter and that's enough for Aaron. All along he's had a device on the side recording Robert's confessions..."

But the tables turn afterwards...
    "Yes, Aaron's been in control all that time but Robert can't handle not being in control of the situation. That's where a real plan starts to form in his devious mind. In a moment of shock, he knocks Aaron unconscious and leaves him tied up.

"Robert decides that he's going to go away and have some thinking time. He knows that it will also give Aaron some thinking time while he's handcuffed and gagged. But thinking time is quite a dangerous thing for a character like Robert to have!"

There's huge drama afterwards, which leads to Chrissie finally finding out the truth about the affair. Will Aaron's love for Robert be destroyed forever?
    "I think regardless of what happens, this was a secret love that they kept hidden for so long. Aaron may still have tiny bit of love for Robert, but the moment that he admits he tried to kill Paddy is enough for Aaron just to blow.

"Aaron will always have that at the back of his mind. Regardless of how much of a mistake it was, Robert turned on that machine to kill Paddy. He didn't manage to do it, but if the circumstances had been different, Paddy would have been dead. Aaron sees Paddy as his own dad, but I think he'll always have a little tiny place in his heart for Robert.

"Moving forward, the storyline is certainly going to be about Chrissie's breakdown as much as Aaron's breakdown. That's what's going to cause some chaos at some point!"

So is there much more drama to come with this story?
    "My God yeah!"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (14-07-2015), maidmarian (14-07-2015)

Emmerdale mechanic Aaron Livesy runs away from his problems next week after Andy Sugden gets dangerously close to the truth about his wife Katie's death.

Aaron is alarmed when he realises that Andy blames him for Katie's tragic demise, pointing out that her troubled state of mind may have led her to Wylie's Farm on that fateful day.

Aaron realises that Andy is close to figuring out the truth about Katie
    © ITV
    Aaron realises that Andy is close to the truth

The pair's unexpected showdown flares up as Andy (Kelvin Fletcher) remains plagued with questions over why Katie went to the unsafe farm building on the day of her death.

Now aware that Katie was right all along about Robert's bad behaviour and nobody believed her, Andy gets tough with Aaron by suggesting that she might still be alive if it wasn't for his affair with Robert.

Teasing the drama to come, Danny Miller - who plays Aaron - revealed: "Aaron tries to reach out to Andy and say that he's got to stop beating himself up about Katie's death. Andy then puts it all on Aaron and Robert, saying it's all their fault. Aaron tries to reason with Andy, but Andy tells him that he'll never forgive him.

"Aaron does his utmost best to ensure that Andy doesn't find out any more than that, but then Andy goes through some of Katie's things and finds the last phone number she called before she died. Aaron knows it was more than likely to be him. He does everything he can to stop Andy from pursuing it, but he's definitely nervous as he doesn't like lying.

"Aaron has to almost convince Andy that he's going a bit crazy. He says that it's not worth ringing the number because he wouldn't know what to say if he did. Aaron is just so scared of what the outcome might be that he has to hide his phone in the end!"

Andy refuses to attend the funeral
    © ITV
    Andy will continue to question Katie's death

With the pressure building, Aaron finds an excuse to leave the village for a while. However, it seems that he may just be prolonging the inevitable as show bosses have already confirmed that Andy will uncover the whole truth about Katie's demise later in the autumn.

Miller continued: "It's all too much for Aaron to handle, so he runs away from his problems. He goes off to see a friend in London for a bit, but that gives Andy a bit more time to investigate everything without Aaron around to pull him away.

"I'm looking forward to the point where it does all come out. There's already been a year's worth of story that has built up, so I'm looking forward to the peak of it and seeing what the outcome of it is. But for now I'm in limbo-land as much as the viewers are!"

Miller also offered hope to Emmerdale's army of 'Robron' fans by refusing to rule out a reunion for Aaron and Robert.

Aaron and Robert are at the holiday lodge
    © ITV
    Robert and Aaron

He said: "They're still very much attracted to each other and deep down they both love each other, but I think Chrissie would have to move on with her life before Robert would even consider a reunion with Aaron.

"Then it'd also be a case of whether Aaron would accept Robert back into his life or not. Robert has lied to Aaron so much that I don't think he'd ever trust him again! He'd have a lot of making up to do.

"I think it's been shelved very temporarily and it'll be a matter of time before it's reopened and we'll see what Robert and Aaron really feel for each other."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3jp8mUMZ2

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (25-08-2015), tammyy2j (25-08-2015)

soapsquawk.co.uk published on Tuesday August 25th 2015:

>>
    Emmerdale’s Danny Miller: It’s only a matter of time before Robert and Aaron are reunited

Published Tuesday, 25th August 2015, 00:00am By SoapSquawk

Aaron and Robert
    © ITV

>How is Aaron feeling about Robert at the moment?

I think he’s very much up in the air about it. Robert still hasn’t said that he killed Katie, and Aaron wants to believe him for some strange reason but he can’t because of the amount of lies he’s told him in the past. I think they are both at loggerheads, they are keeping out of each other’s way because it reminds them of bad memories and the destruction they caused.

>Deep down does Aaron believe Robert did kill Katie?

I think he does. There’s a small part in him that wants to believe him, that it was an accident and the floorboards were rotten. I think Aaron doesn’t see it that way, he just sees that she’s dead and it’s because of them.

>Andy knows about Aaron’s affair with Robert and that Katie was telling the truth, is he worried Andy will discover everything?

Definitely. There’s a scene where they’re doing some paperwork and they find the last number Katie called, Aaron doesn’t need to know, it’s his number. He knows he was most likely the last person she talked to on the phone because he told her to go to the farm. It shows Aaron’s guilty and he wants to do everything he can to stop him putting the puzzle together. He’s pretty nervous.

>Keeping a secret this big won’t help Aaron in the long run, will it?

Not at all. I think that’s what’s been the joy of the storyline and why it’s been so well received, people can see him wanting to say something but know if the truth comes out there’s going to be a lot of trouble for both Aaron and Robert. It’s a secret that can’t come out as much as they want it to.

>Andy becomes even more determined to find out what happened after discovering Katie’s last phone bill, what does Aaron do next?

I think Aaron has to convince Andy that he’s going a bit crazy. He’s so scared of what the outcome may be that he does everything he can and hides his phone, turns it on silent, gets a new phone. That’s when Andy tells him that he can never forgive him for lying, that’s when it gets too much and typical Aaron he runs away from the problem. He goes to London for a bit and that gives Andy more time to investigate it without Aaron being there.

>Are you looking forward to the moment it does all come out?

Yeah definitely because it’s going to be a year’s worth of story that has built up. It’s become one of those memorable storylines for Robert and Aaron. It’s been a big team effort and I’m looking forward to the peak of it and then seeing what the outcome will be. I’m just as much in limbo as the viewers are, so I can’t wait to find out what all the repercussions will be.

>Do you think Robert and Aaron could ever get back together?

They are very much attracted to each other and deep down they do love each other. But I think it would certainly mean Chrissie moving on with her life before Robert would even consider it. Then it’s a case of whether Aaron would accept him back into his life or not because he’s lied so much. I think as much as Aaron and Robert are great, Aaron just needs a good lad who’s going to keep him calm and keep his feet on the ground. But I don’t think that will ever happen because then there’s no more drama for Aaron! I think it’s been shelved temporarily and is only a matter of time before it’s reopened and we see what Robert and Aaron really feel for each other.
    >>

Source: http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/emm...e-reunited.php
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 26-08-2015 at 11:18.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (30-08-2015)

whatsontv.co.uk published on August 25th 2015:

>
    Danny Miller reveals why Aaron's leaving Emmerdale for London
    2:26pm, Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Danny Miller

Riddled with guilt over Katie’s death and unable to face Andy, Aaron decides to do a runner. Emmerdale’s Danny Miller reveals all to Soaplife...

With Andy Sugden more determined than ever find out what really happened to his wife Katie, Aaron Livesy is in a panic. He’s consumed by guilt, knowing Robert had a hand in Katie’s tragic death and, although he wants to confess, he knows it will only lead to more heartache and unhappiness.

“Deep down, Aaron believes Robert committed a murder,” explains Danny. “But a small part of him wants to believe Robert, who says it was an accident…”

So, how exactly does Andy panic Aaron?
    “Andy discovers Katie’s phone bill and he wants to find out who was the last person she called. Aaron knows it was him and he does his best to try and make sure Andy [Kelvin Fletcher] doesn’t cotton on. He hides the phone, puts it on silent and tries to persuade Andy he’s going crazy and he shouldn’t call the number.”

And this makes Aaron feel even more guilty?
    “Yes. He doesn’t like it and he knows what Andy’s going through because he went through it when he lost Jackson. However, he knows there’ll be a lot of trouble for both him and Robert [Ryan Hawley] if he reveals the truth.”

Will the secret come out?
    “Soap secrets usually do! Katie [Sammy Winward] was such a big character, it will be interesting to see what the repercussions will be if Aaron does confess.”

Will Robert and Aaron ever reunite?
    “They’re attracted to one another and, deep down, they love each other. But Robert’s told him so many lies… It would be difficult for Aaron to trust him.”

If Aaron could turn the clock back, what would he do differently?
    “He’d do the right thing and tell Robert he isn’t prepared to carry on with the affair behind people’s backs. He’d never have gone down that road if he’d known the destruction it would cause. Robert didn’t want him to tell people, but Aaron should have been stronger and done what he believed to be right.”

Will Aaron continue to try to keep Andy from the truth?
    “No, because he runs away. He goes to London to see a friend and that will give Andy more time to investigate without Aaron interfering.”

Emmerdale, ITV
    >

Read more at: http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/emmerdale...ale-for-london
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 31-08-2015 at 12:52.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (31-08-2015), maidmarian (31-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    So, how exactly does Andy panic Aaron?
    “Andy discovers Katie’s phone bill and he wants to find out who was the last person she called. Aaron knows it was him and he does his best to try and make sure Andy [Kelvin Fletcher] doesn’t cotton on. He hides the phone, puts it on silent and tries to persuade Andy he’s going crazy and he shouldn’t call the number.”
    Emmerdale village has about 20 houses and about 50 residents.

Surely Aaron's mobile phone number would be on the regular contacts list on the mobile phones for at least some/many of the village residents, including Andy, Adam, Victoria and Chas, to name just but a few?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (31-08-2015)

Aaron is a key suspect when Robert is shot, says Emmerdale star Danny Miller

Has Aaron's infamous temper lead to him getting trigger happy?

By David Brown
    Tuesday 15 September 2015 at 12:01AM

The finger of suspicion is to point at Aaron Livesy following the shooting of his lover Robert Sugden in next week's episodes of Emmerdale.

Robert is to be targeted by a mystery assailant and actor Danny Miller believes that Aaron certainly has the motive to be the gunman.

"Aaron loves Robert with all his heart, but he also hates him. And you can see Aaron's murderous traits running through this storyline. He's getting angrier and angrier. And when Aaron's backed into a corner, he does stupid things without thinking," says Miller.

When you consider Aaron's list of grievances, it's easy to see why the character would be the focus of police enquiries. First there was the cover-up over Katie's death, then we had the hit put out on Chas and - more recently - Paddy's ordeal in the grain pit. Surely there's enough there for Aaron to end up snapping?

"Yes, Robert has really put Aaron through it this past year. He's tried to kill Chas and Paddy. And he killed Katie and then put Aaron through the torture of keeping it all a secret. So all that does make Aaron a key suspect. More so than anyone else, really."

And what can we expect from the solution to the mystery when it comes? "I think the audience will be shocked when the truth comes out and we find out who shot Robert," adds the actor. "Everyone is pointing at each other, but you'll have to wait and see whether Aaron is doing this out of guilt or a sense of wanting to discover the truth. What I will say is that everything does turn on its head and there are lots of twists to come."

Source:
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...r-danny-miller

Emmerdale's Danny Miller: ‘Aaron thinks that everything will be OK if he got rid of Robert'
    10:46am, Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Emmerdale’s Danny Miller tells Soaplife why Aaron has to be the chief suspect in the imminent 'Who shot Robert?' drama...

Why would Aaron shoot Robert?
    “He tried to kill his mum and then Paddy - twice! He also killed Katie [Sammy Winward] and made Aaron keep it a secret for all that time.”

Does Aaron still love Robert (Ryan Hawley)?
    “Yes, I think he loves him with all his heart, but he hates him, too, and has been getting angrier as the weeks go by.”

Is Aaron capable of killing?
    “The thing about Aaron is, when he’s backed into a corner he does stupid things without thinking. Keeping Robert’s secret has been agony for Aaron – perhaps he thinks that everything will be OK if he got rid of Robert and told the truth."

How does Aaron feel about their affair now?
    “Robert has ripped Aaron’s heart out a few times, but he has this thing for Robert that he has never had for anyone else. That’s why he’s allowed Robert to be so horrible to him.”

When did Aaron realise just how bad Robert is?
    “When Paddy [Dominic Brunt] said, ‘He tried to kill me’. It dawned on Aaron there and then that Robert was the sort of person he didn’t want to be anywhere near.”

What happens in the aftermath of the shooting?
    “Chas [Lucy Pargeter] is there when Robert is shot and Bob [Tony Audenshaw] suggests that somebody get her a drink. Kerry [Laura Norton] then pipes up with, ‘Yeah, I’ll have a brandy’ - and she’s not even part of it. It’s such a funny line. Emmerdale is good at putting some humour in the midst of all the drama.”

Who is the prime suspect?
    “Everyone is pointing the finger at each other. Aaron is doing the same, but is he passing the blame or is he guilty? A lot of people have a strong motive to kill Robert, but look at other people’s motives before they examine their own.”

When will we find out who the killer is?
    “I’m not saying, but the way viewers find out is unique. There is a massive twist at the end which I think viewers will enjoy.”

Source:
    http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/emmerdale...-rid-of-robert

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (16-09-2015), maidmarian (15-09-2015)

Emmerdale's 'Who Shot Robert?' reveal won't be too far off

By Daniel Kilkelly
    Friday, Sep 25 2015, 09:23 BST

Emmerdale star Danny Miller has hinted that the 'Who Shot Robert Sugden?' mystery won't rumble on for months.

The actor, who plays Aaron Livesy, appeared on ITV's Good Morning Britain today (September 25) to tease tonight's explosive episodes which see Robert gunned down by a mystery assailant in the village.

Offering an insider's view on the storyline, Miller confirmed that the cast and crew have been aware of the culprit's identity from the start, as it won't take too long before viewers see the big reveal.

The show has taken a different approach to rival soap EastEnders, which kept most of its own team in the dark over Lucy Beale's killer until the last minute this year.

"I think people do it differently. If you want to do it that way, it's fine. If you want to tell people, it's fine. Either way it works," Miller explained.

"I think we know as a cast because it was never supposed to be as long as some of the others have gone on. We knew so that we could play it the way we wanted to play it, which I think is easier because you're not constantly worrying, 'Is it you, is it me?' You know and you just play it the way the script says then."

Emmerdale has previously teased fans by hinting that the big reveal will take place in a very unusual way, but Miller kept tight-lipped about exactly what to expect.

He laughed: "I've got to be dead careful what I say! It's something that hasn't been done in soaps, as far as I'm concerned. It's something that's completely different. I think it's a really clever way of telling it.

"You have to be careful with these whodunits, because there's been so many of them that you've got to make your little mark on it. This particular episode - the reveal - will."

© ITV
    When Aaron calls Robert a pathetic coward, Robert angrily winds him up

Aaron is among the many suspects in the mystery after his turbulent on-off relationship with Robert over the past year.

"He's the first on the scene," Miller confirmed. "Naturally he's in there with the suspects. Robert's upset so many people in the village, so it could be anybody. Moreso Aaron than anybody else, because he's been his love interest and his dirty secret if you like. I think he's got more reason than anybody!"

Emmerdale airs a dramatic double bill tonight (September 25) at 7pm and 8pm on ITV.

Read more at: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...o-far-off.html

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (25-09-2015), maidmarian (25-09-2015)

Thread Information