Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Livesy Dingle

Emmerdale's Danny Miller was last month voted the Best Soap Actor of 2011 by Digital Spy readers, topping off another successful year for the 21-year-old.

2012 has also got off to a good start for Danny as he has made the shortlist for the 'Serial Drama Performance' prize at the National Television Awards, which take place in London on January 25.

Earlier this week, we caught up with Danny to chat about the recognition, what's to come for his character Aaron Livesy and the recent news that he will be bowing out from Emmerdale in his first interview since announcing his decision.

Congratulations on being voted our readers' top soap actor of the past year!
    "Thanks - it's brilliant. I'd like to say a massive thank you to every single person that voted. The fact that people have taken the time to vote for me is a massive honour and I'm over the moon about it."

You're also currently in the running for the 'Serial Drama Performance' prize at the National Television Awards. How are you feeling about the recognition?
    "It's great. People might think that it's easy to get used to these things after a while, but that's really not the case. It's overwhelming - I'm only a young lad, I'm 21 years of age and yet I'll be going to the ceremony and seeing massive people from the telly who I've grown up watching.

"Knowing that I'll be shown up on the screen as a shortlist nominee is just unbelievable and a really overwhelming feeling. It'll be a bit nerve-wracking on the day but I wouldn't change it for the world as it's a fantastic recognition to have."

Which scenes are you most proud of from the past year?
    "I'd say the court scenes from Aaron's trial, and certainly the death of Jackson in the assisted suicide storyline - which was really, really challenging to film, both emotionally and physically.

"It was good to film it, though - it wasn't one of those things that you just put to the back of your mind afterwards, because it's a subject that does touch people quite a lot. I think that we did it justice and I enjoyed being able to sink my teeth into it, as it was completely different to anything else that I'd done before.

"Also, on the night of the National Television Awards, Pauline Quirke's exit storyline will air - and that was personally emotional to film. I couldn't help having my own feelings in there too, because I knew that it was the last time I was going to be filming with her. I think it's the only time that I've allowed my own emotions to trickle into soap life, so those scenes really stood out too."

Are you pleased to see Chelsea Halfpenny, who plays Amy, up for 'Best Newcomer' at the NTAs as well?
    "Definitely. I think the work that Chelsea has done this year has been absolutely unbelievable. She's a very, very talented actress, she's a lovely girl and she deserves all of the recognition that she's getting. I'd definitely urge everybody to vote for Chelsea as well. Often you get young actors and actresses coming into soaps who are quite underrated, and I think Chelsea was one of them - but I don't think she is any more, as people have realised the fantastic work that she can put in week in, week out."

How difficult was it to make the decision to leave Emmerdale?
    "It was obviously a massive, massive decision to make. I will have done three and a half years when I leave, and I've really, really enjoyed my time here. It's been amazing - I've met so many great people and I love every single one of them. Emmerdale has been like a second family and a second home to me ever since I joined, and everybody has been very supportive.

"For those reasons, the decision was so difficult - but I knew that I wanted to look at doing something else. I'm looking forward to getting out there and having the excitement of auditioning again - and just being a jobbing actor, I suppose! I'm looking at trying some different stuff - maybe some theatre or some dramas. Leaving Emmerdale was definitely the hardest decision I've ever had to make, but everyone here has been so supportive over it."

Are you hoping that your next role will be quite different from Aaron?
    "Yeah, I am hoping that the next thing I can do will be away from Aaron character-wise, because I've played him for three years and I'd like to try something different now. But then there is that saying of beggars can't be choosers! We'll just have to wait and see - but I'm definitely excited about being out there in the big wide world."

When you announced you were leaving, you said it might not be the last we see of Aaron, so does that mean you'd consider returning in the future?
    "Yeah, like I said at the time, it might not be the end - you never know where roads might lead to. I am looking forward to getting out there and trying new things, but you never know what might happen in two, three, four or five years' time. I'll just be playing it by ear once I leave."

Aaron has been through so much drama in the past couple of years. Are you hoping for a dramatic exit, or is it time for a happy ending now?
    "I think you have to stay true to the character. Aaron has been through so much drama, so it won't just be a case of him suddenly walking off into the sunset and having a great life afterwards.

"At the same time, though, it'd be nice if it could be an exit that's quite light and leaves the viewers with a smile on their faces. But I don't know exactly what's happening yet. We'll see what happens - it's up to the top bosses at Emmerdale, but I know they'll do a fantastic job."

There's been some rumours that somebody new could come into Aaron's life before he leaves, so could that play a role in his exit storyline?
    "Possibly - but I'm not sure myself yet as I haven't been told what the exact plans are! You never know - there could be the possibility of a new love interest. But then I think the question would be whether Aaron can move on with his life and start a new relationship, because the past 18 months have been so tough due to the Jackson situation. They'd definitely have to bear that in mind - the history that he had with Jackson. If Aaron was to start a new relationship, all of that history would be very difficult to overcome. It would be a challenge for him."

Aaron's self-harm storyline will soon be revisited as he starts hurting himself deliberately when Hazel puts pressure on him to leave the village with her. Are you glad this story is being picked up on again?
    "Definitely. Even though we haven't seen it on screen, Aaron has been attending counselling sessions for self-harming - but it never does go away. In Hazel's leaving week, Aaron feels very pressured by her and a lot of memories of Jackson come back. As the pressure builds up, Aaron thinks that the best way to deal with it is to self-harm.

"But it's from there onwards that Aaron realises that he just needs to be honest and truthful with people, and without the pressure of hiding his feelings, he doesn't need to self-harm - so we see him overcome that bridge again. I'm glad that they've picked up on it again, as I know from some letters that I've received that the story has helped people."

Will you be staying in touch with Pauline?
    "Definitely. Obviously Pauline has left us now, but we're still in touch and we're constantly swapping texts. It's really nice, as we've had a great friendship - she was really like my Emmerdale mum when she was up here! Pauline has left the show but she'll definitely carry on being one of my mates."

Who else will you be staying in touch with once you finish at Emmerdale?
    "I'm hoping to stay in touch with as many people as I can. I genuinely mean it when I say that the people here have become my second family. Obviously people like Lucy Pargeter, Dominic Brunt, Adam Thomas and Kelvin Fletcher are people I've become particularly close to over the past few years as they've been part of my day in, day out life. I'll miss them terribly but we'll definitely stay in touch."

Why do you think the character of Aaron proved so popular with viewers?
    "It's hard to say! His storyline has been a big one, but I think people have accepted it because it's been dealt with so delicately and it was given time to develop. When Gavin Blyth created the storyline, he knew that it didn't need to be rushed and needed time to unfold - and that's exactly what happened.

"Aaron was probably the most unlikely person in the village to be gay at that time, and it's the same today - if you met him, you wouldn't think he was gay. That's one thing that we've really tried to keep hold of - they haven't stereotypically made him camp or how people might perceive a gay man of his age to be. He's a man's man who just happens to be gay.

"I think in general it's just been a really nice storyline. Aaron is an angry young lad, but he's got reasons to be - as he's had a really tough life. I think that's why people have accepted it and stuck with it."

Finally, your co-star Matthew Wolfenden (David) is doing Dancing On Ice this year. What do you think his chances are?
    "I've been in a few work parties with Matthew, and I know that he's certainly good at throwing a few shapes when the disco music comes on! And I'd certainly say that I wish I could dance like him! I think he's got a great chance. He's a great character, a great lad and he's got a lot of banter. I think he'll do well and go far, and I'm definitely backing him to win!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

he is coming back must be to romance little finny barton

Former Emmerdale star Danny Miller is making a return to the soap.

The actor, who played troubled Aaron Livesy, will be back on screen later this year.

Show bosses have yet to officially announce the news, but an Emmerdale insider told Digital Spy this morning (April 4) that more details will be revealed of Aaron's comeback in due course.

Miller played the role of Aaron between 2008 and 2012 and was involved in a number of high-profile storylines. The character had previously been portrayed by Danny Webb between 2003 and 2006.

Aaron was last seen fleeing to France on the run from the law, after taking the blame for a fire which his best friend Adam Barton (Adam Thomas) had started at the local garage.

While Aaron left with new boyfriend Ed Roberts (Lloyd Everitt), viewers have since heard that the couple have split up.

Miller's biggest stories included Aaron's struggle to accept his sexuality, a controversial assisted suicide plot centring around Aaron's boyfriend Jackson Walsh (Marc Silcock), and a subsequent self-harm plot as Aaron struggled to cope with his guilt.

The soap star was also named Best Actor at the British Soap Awards in 2011 and 2012.

After leaving Emmerdale, Miller appeared in ITV dramas Lightfields and Scott & Bailey.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-04-2014), helena1414 (05-04-2014), maidmarian (05-04-2014)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 04-04-2014 at 22:31.

Emmerdale's series producer Kate Oates has teased an exciting autumn ahead for the show.

The ITV soap has previously aired big episodes to celebrate the show's anniversary in October, and Oates has promised that there are big plans in store for this year, including filming on location.

Speaking to Inside Soap, she said: "We've got some big plans for the autumn. There is lots going on with Donna and Ross and we've got Aaron coming back.

"There will also be a huge pay-off for a story that started earlier this year, and I'm looking forward to it.

"It will happen in two stages and will be filmed somewhere away from the village. I know that's quite cryptic but that is all you're getting from me."

Emmerdale continues on Thursday, June 26 at 7pm on ITV.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

helena1414 (24-06-2014)

oh no cant believe he is coming back in enmerdale hope it isnt for long was glad he left i suppose he will get with finn

Quote Originally Posted by heydrich39 View Post
    oh no cant believe he is coming back in enmerdale hope it isnt for long was glad he left i suppose he will get with finn
    Or maybe Robbie ?

Or maybe Robbie ?

Or Adam

Last edited by tammyy2j; 24-06-2014 at 15:48.

Thread Information