Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Livesy Dingle

As teenage tearaway Aaron Livesy, he's spent a lot of time on the wrong side of the law.

But it could have all been very different for Danny Miller.

According to the Mirror, the actor was so fed up with 18 months of fruitless auditions that he planned to quit acting if the Emmerdale job didn't come off (after all, he had reached the ripe age of 17) - and go and retrain as a policeman instead.

He said: "I went for tons of auditions and was getting really angry with myself because I was messing them up as I wanted them so badly.

"It was soul-destroying. I kept wondering what I was doing wrong and eventually I'd had enough.

"I agreed with my agent that the Emmerdale audition was my last before she took me off her books.

"So I think I went into Emmerdale with a different attitude - that I was interested but I had almost given up. And they seemed to like me."

The audience seem to like him too, and he's now been nominated for a whopping 12 TV awards. Not bad for someone who's still only 19...

Emmerdale star Danny Miller has revealed that he was offered the chance to turn down his character's gay plot.

Speaking to The Mirror, the actor confirmed that he was given time to consider if he wanted to take on the storyline for Aaron Livesy.

"The producer said I could have a couple of weeks to think and if I didn't want to do it they wouldn't do it," he said. "But I couldn't turn it down - it was too good a story - so I said there and then I was up for it."

He continued: "I suppose at first I couldn't see him as gay. But when they explained the story to me I started to understand."

The 19-year-old confessed that he had been worried about filming his on-screen kiss with co-star Marc Silcock, who plays Aaron's boyfriend Jackson.

"When we saw the first script when we had to kiss we were worried because we didn't know each other very well and didn't want it to look awkward," he said. "But we're both professional actors so we just get on with it.

"It's slightly more difficult than kissing a girl because I'm not attracted to blokes - but on-screen kissing with either sex is awkward. I don't worry about it anymore."

Emmerdale's Danny Miller has revealed that his alter ego Aaron Livesy will mature over the next few months.

Speaking to Soaplife, the 18-year-old actor explained the long-term aftermath of Jackson's recent train crash accident.

He teased: "The accident and its after-effects are just the beginning of a long storyline involving Aaron and Jackson's (Marc Silcock) relationship. What Aaron goes through over the next few months will really make him grow up.

"There was a very strong possibility that Jackson would die - he flatlined a couple of times and Aaron's still worried sick. He's constantly at the hospital. Aaron spends hours talking to Jackson and is shown the ropes on caring for him, which he finds quite difficult to deal with."

The star added: "He's very, very emotional and still totally blames himself. If only he hadn't phoned Jackson, if only he'd got back in the van with him, if only he'd stayed in the bar instead of going out for a fag in the first place. So many 'if onlys'."

Emmerdale's Danny Miller has teased fans that they can expect much more drama for his character in the coming months.

The actor, who plays Aaron Livesy, is currently dealing with the aftermath of a dramatic crash which saw his boyfriend Jackson Walsh (Marc Silcock) seriously injured.

Miller told fans on Twitter that he had spoken to Tony Hammond, an assistant producer at the ITV soap.

"You think aarons story has been good so far and is at the minute? (sic)" he wrote. "You've seen nothing yet muhaha."

Miller recently claimed that viewers will see Aaron "grow up" over the next few months.

A thuggish and menacing mechanic might not be everyone's cup of tea - but he's a hero to Emmerdale's Danny Miller.

The young star, who plays Aaron Livesy in the rural soap, has admitted that he has a "lot of respect" for EastEnders stalwart Steve McFadden, best known for his intimidating screen alter-ego Phil Mitchell.

"Phil Mitchell's drug storyline in EastEnders has been amazing," Danny told Inside Soap.

"He's been so great at playing the hard man over the years, but watching him recently has been incredible."

He continued: "It's difficult because obviously we've been telling our own drug story on Emmerdale, and it's not that I don't respect ours, because it's fantastic too. But I really take inspiration from Steve.

"He takes hold of a story and makes it his own. I grew up watching Phil and his brother, Grant (Ross Kemp), and I learnt a lot from them."

Aaron's been known to get a bit handy with his fists from time to time too, but we rather like the teenager's softer side!

Danny Miller has claimed that his Emmerdale co-star Dominic Brunt deserves more recognition for his role in Aaron Livesy's ongoing storyline.

Viewers have seen Miller's character receive constant support from Brunt's alter ego Paddy Kirk since coming out as gay in emotional scenes earlier this year.

Speaking to the Inside Soap Yearbook 2011, Miller revealed that it has been "great" to work so closely with Brunt on the popular plotline.

He explained: "He hasn't really been recognised for this storyline as much as I have, which is so sad because, in fairness, this plot is about Aaron and Paddy. I know Jackson's been involved too, but Paddy's been there for Aaron all the way through.

"Dominic comes in and gives it 100%. He says to me, 'It's your storyline, what do you want to do here?', and that's weird for me because I grew up watching him.

"He's Paddy! He's the unsung hero of the show and should get much more praise."

Miller recently hinted that fans can expect more drama for Aaron by declaring that viewers have "seen nothing yet".

Emmerdale's Aaron Livesy will face "the biggest challenge of his life" next year, his alter ego has revealed.

The teenager's existence has changed dramatically since his boyfriend Jackson Walsh found he would never walk again following a devastating crash.

Actor Danny Miller, who plays Aaron, told TV Times: "He blames himself for what happened. Now he has to grow up; be there for somebody and deal with it, which he finds hard.

"Part of him wants to run away because he knows that nothing will be the same again with Jackson. Not just sexually. They won't be able to go out for meals together and do things normal couples too.

"Without sounding corny, you ain't seen nothing yet. It's going to be an amazing 2011 for Aaron. He faces the biggest choice of his life next year."

Marc Silcock, who plays Jackson, has had his contract extended at the soap as his story has developed.

Danny Miller has spoken about his relationship with Emmerdale co-star Kirsty Leigh Porter.

The pair - who play Aaron Livesy and Roz Fielding respectively - began dating in July. He admitted that he is "very happy" with Porter, who he described as his "best friend".

"Our flat used to be a typical bachelor pad," Miller told the TV Times about the flat he shares with Adam Thomas (Adam Barton). "A mess from top to bottom. But since I've been with Kirsty it's a bit cosier.

"It's great having friends and a girlfriend who understand your job. Before, I found it hard to meet girls because they thought I was using my job as an excuse not to meet up with them."

He continued: "But when I say to Kirsty, 'We're running two hours late' she understands that it's what happens on a soap. I am very happy with Kirsty.

"This is the most serious relationship I’ve ever had and the most enjoyable."

He added: "I get on with Kirsty as though she's my best friend. I think that's what made me fall so quickly for her."

Exclamation Aaron to fall for new man

Emmerdale's Aaron Livesy is to fall for a new man, with his boyfriend's permission.

Aaron, played by Danny Miller, had his world turned upside down when boyfriend Jackson Walsh (Marc Silcock) was left paralysed in a car crash.

But according to Inside Soap, Jackson encourages Danny not to be tied down, which leads to a meeting with newcomer Flynn (Ryan Prescott).

Danny told the magazine: "He's basically set free by Jackson, who says to him 'I want you to have a good laugh and not be tied down looking after me'.

"So he goes to bar West and meets someone called Flynn while he's there."

Danny said the pair hit it off straight away.

"Aaron's attracted by Flynn's charm and looks. He approaches the relationship in a whole new way. But for Aaron, this year will be more of a rocky road emotionally than ever."

PA

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (14-01-2011), southlundon (21-01-2011)

Danny Miller has claimed that Emmerdale fans want his character Aaron Livesy to leave his on-screen boyfriend Jackson Walsh.

Aaron promised to stay with Jackson (played by Marc Silcock) after he was left paralysed in an accident but Miller said that viewers are eager to know when their relationship will end.

He told Inside Soap: "If I was Aaron's mate, I'd be telling him to stick by Jackson. If he and Jackson were to split, I wouldn't want him to rush into a new relationship.

"Most of the viewers want to know when Aaron's going to leave Jackson, though. It's not the response we were hoping for!

"But I can see where they're coming from, because Jackson hasn't been the nicest person recently. Under normal circumstances, Aaron would have kicked him into touch."

This week, Jackson tries to convince Aaron to move on, while Jackson has a love interest with newcomer Flynn.

Thread Information