Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Livesy Dingle

Emmerdale fans will be introduced to Aaron Livesy's teenage half-sister Liv Flahery next week.

Young actress Isobel Steele has been cast in the role of Liv, who appears on screen when Aaron tries to gather evidence against his rapist father Gordon.

When Aaron returns to the village next week, he desperately starts trying to track down his stepmother Sandra - knowing that she could be a key witness against evil Gordon.

Continuing his recent show of support, it's Aaron's on-off lover Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley) who manages to secure Sandra's address. He later insists on coming along for the visit to Sandra too.

Aaron gets nervous when they pull up outside Sandra's house, so he and Robert decide to linger in the local area while he plucks up the courage.

They're soon interrupted by a teenage troublemaker who steals Aaron's wallet, but Aaron can't believe his eyes when they later see the same girl at Sandra's house - it's his sister.

© ITV
    Robert chases after Liv

Danny Miller, who plays Aaron, revealed: "Nicking his wallet obviously isn't a great start, but you instantly see a bond forming and Liv takes an instant liking to Aaron. She's cheeky and a bit naughty. It's literally a mirror image of what Aaron was like at that age - being cheeky to her mum and lying to her as well!

"Aaron also doesn't tell Sandra that Liv nicked his wallet. He instantly loves her - she's his sister and he just wants to protect her."

© ITV
    Aaron speaks to Sandra and Liv

Once Liv is out of earshot, Aaron gets his chance to speak to Sandra about the real reason for his visit - but things go very badly when she insists that she can't stand up for him in court.

Aaron immediately starts to suspect that Sandra knew much more about the abuse than he thought, so he pins her up against the wall and demands answers.

Miller continued: "Aaron's feeling paranoid at the moment and he thinks that people are out to get him. He knows that Sandra has changed her surname and she's changed her address, plus she's very nervous and shocked to see him.

"Aaron realises that she knew and she's in denial, because she thinks that she is incriminated in this herself and she could go to prison for knowing the truth. So Aaron gets a bit aggressive. For a second he forgets where he is and he grabs hold of her. Liv sees it and it breaks her heart."

When Sandra later speaks to the police and denies any knowledge of the abuse, a tormented Aaron fears that all hope is lost. However, the police then return and drop the bombshell that a second victim has come forward to give evidence against Gordon.

"Aaron is both gutted and relieved when he hears the news," Miller said. "He's gutted that this has happened to someone else and he didn't say something sooner, because he could have stopped this from happening. But he's also relieved that it's proof of what Gordon is really like.

"Instantly Aaron thinks that the other victim is Liv, but the police can't give away that information. But in the end they can see just how frustrated Aaron is and how scared he is for his sister, so they confirm that it's a male victim."

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...ex-abuse-plot/

Danny Miller [Aaron] gave a recent interview to Inside Soap about his latest storyline involving his father, Gordon Livesy.

Aaron and Robert show up at Sandra's house on Thursday, 25 Feb [Sandra is Aaron's step-mum and Gordon's ex-(?)wife]. But Aaron doesn't tell Sandra that her daughter, Liv, recently stole Aaron's wallet from him during a mugging [scene filmed in Roundhay Park, Leeds].

Danny Miller said:

"Instead, he [Aaron] starts to tell Sandra what's happened to him. But the more he gets into it, the more angry he becomes. Things start to click into place about why she's moved and changed her name, and he realises she must have known what was going on all along.

"He gets more and more frustrated, and then he blows it by grabbing hold of Sandra. It's at this point that Liv walks in and sees what's happening, which breaks Aaron's heart. It means she's heard everything Aaron's said about her dad."

Convinced he has ruined everything by losing his rag, Aaron is at his wit's end by the time DS Wise arrives to break the news that Sandra denies all knowledge of Gordon's abuse. But then the detective announces that a second victim has decided to come forward...

By Allison Jones
    Inside Soap, 20-26 Feb 2016

Aaron Livesy hasn't had it easy on Emmerdale over the years, but actor Danny Miller has admitted that his current abuse plot is one that's been hard to switch off from.

Aaron recently revealed that his father Gordon - played by Gary Mavers - repeatedly raped him as a child and he finally reported the abuse to the police.

Speaking to TV Times, Miller explained: "I am usually really good at shutting the door on things when I leave work, but this time, that's been hard.

"I've had to rely on friends to cheer me up after work, or visits to the gym. The radio helps too – on the way in, I drive in silence, but going home, I will listen to the most upbeat shows I can find."

The actor also revealed how he gets into his character's dark mood on the set.

"[My day] begins with early nights followed by an hour-long commute on the M62 from Manchester, where I live, to Leeds and the drive is done in silence," he said. "I have that hour to try and get myself into the right head space.

"Once I get into work, psyched up for the big scenes, I have to make sure I'm not snapped out of Aaron's dark mood. That means no light-hearted banter. So, I take tea and meal breaks alone and on set, everybody speaks in hushed tones.

"I have to go to a place you never want to imagine and everybody at work respects that. They create an atmosphere that allows me to get into that mindset and stay there. It's been tough. The hardest story I have had to do, I think."

Emmerdale fans will be introduced to Aaron Livesy's teenage half-sister Liv Flahery next week.

Young actress Isobel Steele has been cast in the role of Liv, who appears on screen when Aaron tries to gather evidence against his rapist father Gordon.

Digital Spy

His hard work preparing himself like that is sure paying off ... superbly acted every time

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

binky321 (18-02-2016)

Evil Gordon Livesy will hatch a twisted plan on Emmerdale next week as he appears in court for his plea hearing.

Gordon is facing a possible prison sentence after his brave son Aaron (Danny Miller) decided to report him to the police, after confiding in his mum Chas about the sexual abuse he suffered from the age of 8.

As the day of Gordon's hearing arrives, Aaron is unable to hide his happiness when Robert Sugden turns up to support him. However, Aaron's relief is short-lived when he sees Gordon behaving like he's seriously ill for the court's benefit.

With his previous battle against cancer to draw on, manipulative Gordon pretends to collapse, throwing the hearing into jeopardy and leaving Aaron horrified.

© ITV
    Robert turns up to support Aaron

© ITV
    Gordon feigns illness

© ITV
    Everyone is furious when Gordon pretends to collapse

With Aaron full of uncertainty following Gordon's scam, he faces more turmoil as his sister Liv confronts him with some tough questions over his accusations about their dad.

After Liv accuses Aaron of being a liar, he is emotionally exhausted as he tells her exactly what happened to him, but the teen soon decides to dig for more answers herself.

Not content with Aaron's side of the story, Liv tracks Gordon down and questions him over the allegations. Gordon denies everything and leaves his daughter in turmoil as he tries to get her on side, while a frantic Aaron desperately tries to reach her.

Although Aaron manages to rescue Liv from the situation, she later meets up with her father again just after her mum Sandra has finally gone to the police to give a statement on Gordon's abuse of Aaron. Will Liv betray her brother or stand by him?

© ITV
    Liv questions Gordon

© ITV
    Aaron walks off with Liv

Emmerdale airs these scenes next week on ITV.

By Sophie Dainty, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...ears-in-court/
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 08-03-2016 at 03:44.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-03-2016)

Emmerdale star Danny Miller has said that there should be light at the end of Aaron Livesy's tunnel.

New boss Iain MacLeod has already assured fans that Aaron and Rob - or Robron - would be getting a happy ending, with a long-term future ahead for the couple.

Now Miller has backed up MacLeod, insisting that Aaron should be able to move on amid the current trauma storyline.

"Iain reckons there should be light in Aaron's life and I agree," Miller told the Daily Mail.

"It'd be nice to see him move on and achieve some happiness. Whatever the future holds for Aaron, I'm enjoying every minute of working on Emmerdale."

Miller also revealed that he is dedicating his current abuse storyline to a friend that survived a similar trauma.

"It's an issue close to my heart," he said. "As a result of what happened to my friend I've always been aware of this kind of thing.

"I want to get it right for them and anyone else who's been through it. My friend's been touched by how we're representing it."

Miller added that he was "hugely grateful" for messages from survivors as the storyline has aired.

"I hope we can encourage people to speak out if they've suffered similar experiences to Aaron; if even one person does so to try and find closure in their own lives, I'd be happy," he added.

Digital Spy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-03-2016), goldcoin88 (13-03-2016)

Emmerdale's Danny Miller has praised his co-star Gary Mavers following the intense court scene in last night's (March 16) episode.

During Gordon's plea hearing, he pleaded not guilty to raping Aaron as a child, even though viewers know that he did it.

He then pretended to still be suffering side-effects from his recent chemotherapy by collapsing, in an attempt to win sympathy and not spend time on remand before trial.

Miller has now paid tribute to Gordon star Mavers for his performance in the difficult role.

He wrote on Twitter: "Thanks for the messages about the court case today. Gary Mavers really does have a tough job, but he's brilliant. Not easy at all to play."

Digital Spy

Danny Miller tweeted this with #Robron earlier this morning (28 March):

Bank Holiday #Robron #letsdothis

https://twitter.com/dannybmiller

The photo shows the rehearsal script for a scene (presumably being acted today?) for Aaron and Robert in the backroom of The Woolpack.

The rehearsal script is marked 7502 - 58.

Episode 7502 is 30 episodes after the one aired on 8 April (7472), so expect 7502 to be shown on Friday 13 May 2016.

So is this the new start for Robron? Time will tell!

Emmerdale stars Danny Miller and Ryan Hawley reveal Gordon and Aaron Livesy trial twists.

It’s a hugely important week in Emmerdale not just for the characters and actors involved but for the fans invested in one of soap’s most difficult storylines to date.

Evil Gordon Livesy finally faces his judgement for his horrendous crimes against his son and emotions run high as Aaron, supported by Robert Sugden and his other loved ones, faces up to the man who destroyed his childhood.

Unrepentant Gordon has shown no remorse over his crimes and as his day in court finally dawns, a jury is left with the decision which will lead either to justice or despair.

We caught up with actors Danny Miller [Aaron] and Ryan Hawley [Robert], who talked us through the dramatic episodes that will, either way, bring the hardhitting story to its conclusion.

How is Aaron feeling about the trial? He’s obviously nervous?

Danny: Yeah, very. It’s all become very serious very quickly and I think he’s worried about a number of things.

What are his biggest fears?

Danny: The media attention and the fact he has to face it. I think he knows Gordon is going to lie because he has done [so far] saying, ‘Aaron’s got it all wrong’ and it has knocked his confidence. I think he thinks Gordon is going to get away with it so what’s the point going to court?

What’s it like filming those scenes? It must be emotional?

Danny: It is yeah but Ryan, Lucy [Pargeter, Chas], Jeff [Hordley, Cain] and little Isobel [Steele, Liv] have been amazing to work with. We’re getting to the point where we feel like we’re doing justice for it. The research we’ve had from ITV, the NSPCC and other charities has been fantastic. I don’t think we would have been as successful with the storyline without the research.

How important is Robert’s support?

Danny: Huge! He’s a different support for him than Chas is – she’s there as his mother but Robert’s there for emotional support. He’s his rock and Aaron knows he can be more intimate with him. He sees that as a way of offloading. I think Robert’s the reason it has gone to court. Robert is key to the story.

The dynamic of Aaron and Robert’s relationship has changed now…

Ryan: Yeah, definitely. Before, Robert was just getting everything from the relationship and being very selfish and that’s been completely subverted in a way. Robert’s now being very supportive of Aaron and trying to empathise and show he isn’t a horrible guy and does have a heart. I think that’s important.

Are Robert and Aaron more worried about Liv or Sandra’s testimony in court?

Danny: In terms of Aaron, he’s terrified. He’s only known them again for a few weeks and he has trust issues so he’s always expecting the worst in people. He’s worried about them throwing the jury off Gordon being guilty. And he’s worrying they might not even turn up. They’re known for just packing up and doing one.

When you film intense scenes like the court stuff, is it hard to go home and unwind?

Danny: Sometimes yes. When you go home it’s a little bit emotional. Especially this one as I’ve got nephews and nieces that are the ages that we’re talking about. It’s difficult to switch off. But we’ve got great cast around us so I’m quite good at saying ‘it’s gone, now let’s have a laugh and try and get our spirits up.’

How have you prepared for the court scenes?

Danny: It was difficult. Iain [MacLeod, producer] was fantastic at saying ‘if you’ve got any problems, I’m here if anyone wants to talk’. He really wanted to do it justice just as I did. But getting into the court room, me and Lucy, we really felt something. I don’t know what, I’m not trying to make it like it was a ghostly experience, but I felt something. I felt emotional being there for Aaron because of this six month story, the twists and turns and doing it justice and talking about stuff like that, we finally felt it had come to a close.

We wanted to get it right for the last time in court. We had such a great ensemble of supporting artists, judges, jury, they were all very supportive. It’s difficult to sit there for six days and do 12 hour shoots and they were great, very respectful. Quiet when they needed to be and joined in the laughter when there were times to have a laugh.

How would Aaron deal with a not guilty verdict?

Danny: That’s a road he’s thinking about. Although he has said he’s preparing himself, hearing those words and it being definite is something he wouldn’t be able to deal with. But whatever the verdict is he wants to move on ‘cos he has dealt with it for so many years. So long as Gordon isn’t around him he can deal with it again. He’s embarrassed enough by it all so he wants it over with. He hates the attention.

What would you like next for Aaron?

Danny: To be happy [laughs]. I think we’re going to see the relationship between Aaron and his sister develop. Isobel is such a great actress – I wish I had been as good as her at her age. A lot of people shy away from working with kids and animals but Isobel is just amazing.

How will Aaron feel if it’s a guilty verdict?

Danny: I don’t know. Gordon’s going to prison so he’s finally got justice. Regardless of his feeling for him, regardless of the hatred he has towards him, that’s still his dad. Your mum and dad are your mum and dad, there’s no escaping that. If Gordon’s in prison it doesn’t mean Aaron’s feelings, memories and emotions will suddenly shut off. He’s now back in touch with those emotions, Gordon’s brought that back by arriving back in the village. He was fine until then so for him to do that again, it’s sick of Gordon to come to the village and get in his head again and make him worry. He just wants justice for that little boy he left behind years ago.

Would he visit Gordon in prison?

Danny: It would depend. I think the laws are that he wouldn’t be able to get in touch with him. If he did, and I guess Aaron being as loyal to his family as he is, maybe he would. I guess he would want to know why, he might go out of curiosity. Gordon’s never admitted it, never said ‘it did it to you and I’m sorry’ so maybe if that’s what he wanted to do, he might look at it differently.

Ryan, do you miss being bad?

Ryan: It’s nice to have a rounded character rather than just playing an out and out villain. I don’t necessarily miss the direction my character was going in before. But it is a lot of fun to play those scenes where you are being conniving or devious. But I think it’s fun to get more of a story and character then being the out and out bad guy.

Soaps are great at highlighting issues, is it good to be part of that?

Ryan: Our show’s on six times a week and people tune in and watch it. They want to get some kind of escapism as they see people go through different situations and relate to it because everyone goes through difficult situations in life. So to be part of a story like this where an horrific incident has occurred to a young child, it is very gratifying to play that story. Danny’s performances have been incredible and you’ll see more in coming weeks I’m sure. I feel very fortunate to be part of that.

By Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/04/emmerd...wists-5782868/

Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk discussed last night about whether Gordon Livesy will be found Guilty or Not Guilty in court on Emmerdale later today.

Will Aaron Livesy finally get justice after all these years?

That’s the question on the lips of all Emmerdale fans right now – and you don’t have long to wait to find out as Gordon’s verdict will be delivered in Friday night’s episode. But which way the jury will go is anyone’s guess.

After testimonies from Sandra, Liv and Robert, Aaron’s case was undoubtedly strengthened but Gordon and his ruthless barrister went on to paint a bleak picture of Aaron as a liar which may well have balanced things in his own favour.

So which verdict will we see play out – and what would the consequences be around each?

Guilty?

This would be the just outcome and the one that all viewers are desperately hoping for – will Gordon be sent down?

What makes it likely?

Aside from the fact that Gordon truly did do what he is accused of, Aaron has a bigger support network and testimonies from Sandra and Liv will strengthen things given that they spoke up for him despite not seeing him for such a long time.

The jury may also have seen the genuine agony in Aaron’s eyes and voice as he spoke and have seen through Gordon’s claims. Add in the fact that Gordon has admitted to hitting Aaron and Liv has condemned him as a liar when she previously loved him – they would be expected to see that there is something in it.

How would Aaron react?

Danny Miller told Metro.co.uk: ‘I don’t know. Gordon’s going to prison so he’s finally got justice. Regardless of his feeling for him, regardless of the hatred he has towards him, that’s still his dad. Your mum and dad are your mum and dad, there’s no escaping that. If Gordon’s in prison it doesn’t mean Aaron’s feelings, memories and emotions will suddenly shut off.

‘He’s now back in touch with those emotions, Gordon’s brought that back by arriving back in the village. He was fine until then so for him to do that again, it’s sick of Gordon to come to the village and get in his head again and make him worry. He just wants justice for that little boy he left behind years ago.’

What would the consequences be?

Aaron would begin the long journey of recovery – after all, a guilty verdict isn’t the end of the tale. But having won the battle would certainly make it slightly easier for him to rebuild his life, expecially with the support of Robert, Chas, Cain and the rest of his loved ones. But the sentencing would still need to take place – and could Gordon still maintain his innocence, reach out to Aaron or even try and appeal his conviction?

Those are all options. Asked whether Aaron could visit Gordon, Danny pondered: ‘It would depend. I think the laws are that he wouldn’t be able to get in touch with him. If he did, and I guess Aaron being as loyal to his family as he is, maybe he would. I guess he would want to know why, he might go out of curiosity. Gordon’s never admitted it, never said “I did it to you and I’m sorry” so maybe if that’s what he wanted to do, he might look at it differently.’

Not Guilty?

An outcome that wouldn’t just leave Aaron and his supporters outraged – but fans too. However, in a world where miscarriages of justice can happen, this is something that can’t be ruled out and at this stage, it remains a very real possibility.

What makes it likely?

The character assassinations of Aaron and Chas were Gordon’s main weapon and they may have struck a nerve with members of the jury. Aaron is no angel, by his own admission, but could the dragging up of his aggressive behaviours along with Chas’ mental health difficulties have shown Gordon in a more positive light?

On top of that, he may be given credit by the jury for being open and honest about hitting Aaron – he is a manipulative character who knows how to play people and he has played his cards carefully and with a level of emotion that may have got him some sympathy.

The barrister has been unwavering in his attempted destruction of Aaron’s accusations and where a jury has to be totally sure before convicting, has he done enough to get Gordon off the hook?

As Gordon stands to receive his judgement, maintaining the innocence in his face, will his act have won him his freedom?

How would Aaron react?

Danny Miller told Metro.co.uk: ‘That’s a road he’s thinking about. Although he has said he’s preparing himself, hearing those words and it being definite is something he wouldn’t be able to deal with. But whatever the verdict is he wants to move on ‘cos he has dealt with it for so many years. So long as Gordon isn’t around him he can deal with it again. He’s embarrassed enough by it all so he wants it over with. He hates the attention.’

What would the consequences be?

We have seen Aaron say that he doesn’t think he would cope with a not guilty verdict – it could lead to a downward spiral and even the risk that he may self harm again. With his strong support network beside him, he may be kept afloat, but it would be a terrible blow to have to come back from.

On top of that, there would be such high feelings of injustice that the likes of Robert and Cain would undoubtedly seek an alternative means of punishing Gordon which would lead them in hot water. And, if by some miracle Gordon evaded a violent end, there is every chance that he could return to confront Aaron and Liv – and even gloat about what has happened.

While it’s an outcome that fans are desperate not to consider, it’s one that would have far reaching consequences that would open up a whole new painful chapter for poor Aaron.

By Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/14/emmerd...-fate-5817845/

Emmerdale star Danny Miller has revealed that the pressure of Aaron Livesy's current abuse plot has been keeping him awake at night.

The ITV soap is airing emotional scenes all this week, as Miller's character Aaron desperately hopes that his evil father Gordon will finally be punished for sexually abusing him when he was a child.

The actor has previously described the hard-hitting storyline as the toughest he's done to date, and has admitted that he felt a huge responsibility to portray it right.

"You get trusted with these stories and it is difficult to switch off from it," the actor said on Lorraine today (April 15).

"Like you say, these things are happening as we speak - we had a job to do and it's remembering that.

"One night, I woke up and had an idea about a certain scene. I wanted to try and keep hold of that thought. It is difficult but there are people there who are great to support you and help you to switch off. I am very well supported by Emmerdale."

Miller also praised the show for the amount of research that has gone into the plot, which has received universal praise from viewers.

He said: "It is a storyline that touches people in different ways. But the only feedback we have had is positive because we have dealt with it in the right way and with the research we've done, we got the message across that we needed to.

"The feedback has been none other than positive. People have been really supporting of it and wanting justice."

Speaking about his 'Best Actor' nomination at the upcoming British Soap Awards, Miller added: "It would be nice to win something for Emmerdale. They work hard - I am not saying the other soaps don't - but they work hard and get overlooked a lot."

Last night's episode of the soap saw Aaron reunite with his on-off lover Robert Sudgen, as they anxiously await the verdict of Gordon's trial.

Digital Spy

Thread Information