Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Livesy Dingle

If this was a heterosexual relationship would Kate oates let it get violent? Why does a gay male relationship have to involve violence? I think the show is sending the wrong message in order to be dramatic. Robert is not the best boyfriend to aaron but no one deserves to be beaten to a pulp.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serena Williams For This Useful Post:

mariba (12-03-2015)

Andy was portrayed as wife beater and is frequently shown as having a short temper with males and females ....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Tuareet (12-03-2015), Zally (15-03-2015)

Kirsty beating Tyrone in Corrie??

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Perdita (12-03-2015), Tuareet (13-03-2015), Zally (15-03-2015)

Seems to be lots of violence going on all soaps..do people really want that? I have my doubts. I know I hate watching violent scenes.

Okay I see everyone point straight couples do have violence in their relationships too on soaps .

I think the theme here is that Aaron cannot express emotion or feelings very well and it all comes out as agression ??

either directed towards himself with the self harming, or towards others first with Paddy when admitting he was gay, and now against Robert

I also think Aaron wouldnt hit a woman whther he was straight or gay?? thats the feeling I get

so him beating Robert up isnt about them being gay or being together its about Aaron's emotional repression

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (17-03-2015), maidmarian (14-03-2015), Perdita (14-03-2015), tammyy2j (24-03-2015), Zally (15-03-2015)

Emmerdale mechanic Aaron Livesy finds a new outlet for his guilt and anger next week as he gives his ex-lover Robert Sugden a vicious beating.

Aaron unleashes weeks of emotional turmoil after Robert (Ryan Hawley) gives him permission to blame him for recent events rather than punishing himself.

Here, Danny Miller - who plays Aaron - reveals all the details on the dark week for his character.

Why has Aaron been pushing himself so hard with exercise recently?
    "Aaron is pushing himself because it's his own way of dealing with the grief and the inner angst he has over the death of Katie. As we've seen in the past, Aaron doesn't deal with guilt very well - he often hurts himself in those situations.

"The running has been a reason for Aaron to self-harm without anybody realising that it's happening. Aaron is punishing himself, but he's also keeping it quiet from everybody else. It's a way for people to almost encourage it rather than stop it, because they think Aaron is doing it for a good cause with the fun run coming up in Katie's memory."

Is Robert concerned next week when he spots Aaron throwing up in the pub car park after overexerting himself?
    "Robert is concerned, but that's at a low point in their relationship where they are both still off with each other. Aaron has pushed himself so hard that the adrenaline is too much for his body to deal with. Robert sees that, much to Aaron's embarrassment - but Aaron manages to put up a front that he's not bothered about it."

Do you think Robert feels guilty over Katie's death and the effect it's had on Aaron?
    "I think deep down Robert probably does have a spot of guilt in there, but he deals with these things a lot better than most normal human beings would do! I think Robert feels more guilty for what he's put Andy and Aaron through than he does for what happened with Katie. I think Robert is that kind of character - he's more bothered about the actual after-effects than what he's done."

How does the story progress from there?
    "Robert is now at a point where he knows that Aaron either needs to punish himself or somebody else for what happened. That's when Aaron turns on Robert as Robert starts to say, 'If you want to take it out on someone, take it out on me and stop taking it out on yourself'. I think there's a certain amount of care for Aaron there from Robert's part. So that's when Aaron decides to take him up on his offer..."

It's a bad beating, isn't it?
    "He batters him, yeah. I think it's been a long time coming as well! A lot of people have been tweeting me and saying to me in the street that Robert just needs a good whack. I think myself and Ryan both enjoyed those scenes because we knew it was coming - Aaron can only bite his tongue for a certain amount of time and then he'll explode.

"Robert has backed Aaron into a corner - and every dog barks or bites when backed into a corner! Aaron's done a bit of barking but he's never really used his fists with Robert until now, which is nice because that's always how he's dealt with it in the past."

Aaron hits Robert
    © ITV
    Aaron hits Robert

Aaron pins Robert to the floor
    © ITV
    Aaron pins Robert to the floor

How are the two guys afterwards?
    "Afterwards, Aaron has done his knuckles in because he's punched Robert so many times. It's just an almighty unleashing of anger and weeks of stress. Aaron needs to take it out on somebody and Robert is the perfect candidate because of what he's put him through. Most people would think that's the end of it then, but it's only just the beginning because there's a lot more to come..."

Did you have help with the fight scenes?
    "We had a stunt coordinator, Mark, who's great. He's been in the business for years and he's worked here in Yorkshire for years on shows like Where The Heart Is and Heartbeat. He knows what he's doing, so he always helps us out with the fight scenes and he knows what would look good for the camera. So he was there to oversee everything and make sure that it was going to plan.

"What's interesting is that it's all planned in 20 minutes and then shot - there aren't weeks of rehearsals like most people would get on other shows. I think when a fight looks good it's commendable, because there isn't really much time to do them."

Could Aaron and Robert get back together again after the beating?
    "Aaron is very stubborn and he's not easy to work around, but it's something that almost refreshes the relationship. Deep down, if this was me I'd be saying to Aaron 'Just walk away', but he can't because he's too deeply in love with Robert.

"I think when you love somebody that much, you stand by them - and Aaron's never really had somebody with that kind of connection since Jackson. I think it may well rekindle the relationship but it could also break it, so we'll see!"

Is Chas able to help Aaron much at the moment?
    "No, it's always a long path with Aaron emotionally to get him to open up. Chas is taking an interest in Aaron's life by running with him so that he'll open up more, but it just backfires. Deep down the only person Aaron would really speak to is Paddy. You'll certainly see a lot more of that - Paddy starting to come back into that relationship to nurture and father him again. Paddy, as annoying as he gets for Aaron, is someone he'd open up to."

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (17-03-2015), lizann (25-03-2015), maidmarian (17-03-2015), tammyy2j (24-03-2015)

Aaron Livesy will suffer a terrible accident next month as his obsession with exercise has dangerous consequences.

Aaron, played by Danny Miller, has been punishing himself with gruelling runs in recent weeks as he continues to struggle with the role he played in Katie Sugden's tragic death.

Things look up for Aaron in future episodes as his secret affair with Katie's brother-in-law Robert (Ryan Hawley) is reignited. The passionate pair even get some rare time alone when Robert's family take another trip away from Home Farm.

Unfortunately, Aaron's happiness over the relationship proves short-lived when Robert tells him that his wife Chrissie will soon be returning.

Struggling with how Robert switches between their affair and his family life so easily, Aaron needs an outlet for his hurt feelings and continues to push himself too hard with his exercise regime.

On one particular run in a remote area, Aaron accidentally falls, hurts his ankle and smashes his mobile as he is totally exhausted after going beyond his physical limits.

Once Aaron frees his trapped ankle, his precarious situation gets even worse as he suddenly stumbles down a steep embankment and falls unconscious, with nobody else aware of where he is or what happened.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (25-03-2015), lizann (25-03-2015)

Emmerdale star Danny Miller has revealed that his character Aaron Livesy will grow to accept the restrictions of his secret affair with Robert Sugden.

Wednesday's episode of the ITV soap (April 8) saw Aaron get rescued by Robert and his mum Chas following a nasty accident that he suffered while out running.

Aaron has always wanted more from his relationship with Robert (Ryan Hawley), but the aftermath of his accident will see the affair continue in secret.

The troubled mechanic also has to put a stop to his punishing running sessions, as the injury to his ankle means that his leg ends up in a cast.

Speaking of the scenes to come, Miller commented: "The injury is just part of it. Now Aaron can't run, that form of self-harm is closed to him. I've been wearing a plaster cast on set. I don't know how someone actually does it with a broken bone inside it, but it's an absolute nightmare to walk around in. It just means you can be a bit lazier in scenes instead!"

Robert confronts Aaron
    © ITV
    Aaron and Robert

Asked whether Aaron will start self-harming in another way, he replied: "It's still up in the air as to where they're going to take it, but that form of self-harming stops.

"Aaron also accepts things that are going on and how things are going to be. He knows that Robert is never going to leave Chrissie for him. I think when he comprehends that, he decides he'll have something rather than nothing. He'll take the scraps.

"Robert knows that and I think that's why the storyline has been working so well. We've seen on so many occasions Robert saying 'do that'. Aaron will laugh and tell him where to go, but Robert's got him where he wants him. He's so deep in love, and he's never been in a situation before where someone can control his mind."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (08-04-2015)

This is sad aaron accepts being robert mistress. I do not know the word for the single man having an affair with a married man. But when are the writers going to bring in a new guy for aaron? Are the writers saying aaron is this desperate for a man he will take the scraps?

Thread Information