Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Livesy Dingle

Lucy Pargeter has praised Emmerdale's writers for their 'fantastic' approach to the soap's current sexuality storyline.

In recent months, viewers have seen troubled Aaron Livesy - the son of Pargeter's character Chastity Dingle - slowly coming to the realisation that he is gay.

Speaking on This Morning today, Pargeter claimed that the show's team had made an inspired choice in creating the plotline for a traditional 'tough guy' character.

The actress explained: "Emmerdale's done it fantastically. A gay storyline isn't new, it isn't groundbreaking, but I think it's the fact that they've [used] a lad such as Aaron. I hope it's been really true to [life]."

Pargeter also commented on actor Danny Miller's recent confession that he had received public heckling for his role as Aaron.

She said: "He's a young lad and I think when he's out in places that he used to go out in, I think a lot of lads can feel threatened by a lad that's on the telly and [it's] anything they can throw at him to knock his confidence and try to get one up over him."

Danny Miller talks Aaron's trial in 'Emmerdale'

Emmerdale's Aaron Livesy takes the stand next week as he appears in court for his apparent 'homophobic attack' on Jackson.

Realising that the only way to save himself is to come out in court and admit that he, too, is gay, Aaron's faced with the toughest decision he's ever had to make.

But what will he do?

I recently gave Danny a call between scenes to chat about the trial episodes, which air next week...

How does trial week start?
    "At the beginning of the week, Aaron's starting to worry about the fact he could be going to prison. He realises that he has to admit that he's gay otherwise he'll be given a custodial sentence. The police and courts think that it's a homophobic attack, so Aaron coming out would prove that it wasn't. The idea of Aaron admitting that he's gay freaks him out too much, though. Paddy, Chas and Adam are all on at him throughout the week to be true to himself and save ensure he doesn't get sent down. It's a case of, 'will he admit it or not?'"

How does Adam try to help?
    "Adam brings Jackson around in the hope that Aaron will apologise but he blows his chances as usual..."

What happens in court?
    "He's panicking like mad and he knows it's his last chance. But then he eventually plucks up the courage and forces himself to admit that he's gay in court. I didn't want to play it too stereotypical with big pauses - he just says it, as if he's finally accepting the words himself."

What was it like to hear Aaron saying those words you've wanted him to say for so long?
    "We had to do a couple of shots beforehand, so the director told me to keep my performance until the actual take. But when I eventually said the words, it genuinely felt like it was a weight off my shoulders, too."

There have been a lot of scenes between Aaron and Chas recently - when will Aaron start being a little nicer to his mother?
    "Funnily enough, he does eventually start to soften towards her. It's about four or five weeks after the trial. We don't want it to happen too much, though, otherwise he'll be changing just because he's come out as gay. We don't want to change his character - he'll always be the same person he is, it just so happens he's gay. I think it's working really well."

How come we've not seen Aaron and Victoria together? She was all over him and since he tried to kill himself, she's not been to visit...
    "Victoria's basically creeped out by it all - it's got to the point whereby because she slept with him, she wonders if he's gay because of her. Instead of visiting him and talking about, she's avoiding him and the conversation."

What happens beyond the trial? Will Aaron be pushed onto the back burner for a while?
    "He won't be pushed aside, that's for sure. I'm filming scenes that will air around five weeks after the trial and I'm still hectically busy. Eventually, though, he will take a bit of a back seat as there are other storylines that need to be explored. Aaron does become involved in another big storyline, which is nice because it's great to be part of someone else's story."

Have you been watching the gay storyline in EastEnders?
    "Yeah I have. Funnily enough, I was speaking to a taxi driver about it who picked me up from the village the other day. He's an Asian guy and he was telling me how much he's enjoying watching Aaron's journey because he's gay, too. It's a completely different storyline and it's great that EastEnders is exploring the religion issue, too."

Is Marc Silcock - who plays Jackson - sticking around?
    "I don't know. It would be too convenient for Aaron to settle down and be happy with the first guy he meets, though. It'd be too unlike Aaron to be all lovey dovey with someone and change the way he is. The key to Aaron's journey is that he'll be staying the way he is - bringing people close and pushing people away."

How's life not smoking? You gave up recently, didn't you?
    "I tried and failed miserably. Two days I lasted. On the first, I was adamant that smoking was the worst thing in the world. But by day two, Adam [Thomas] started smoking and that was it. So thanks for your support, Adam!"

What do you think Emmerdale's chances are at this year's Soap Awards?
    "I genuinely don't think that any other soap has improved as much as Emmerdale has this year. It'd be nice to get some acknowledgement for the hard work we've put in, so yeah, I think we have a good chance. And it's incredible that we've managed to get nominations in every single category - we're the only soap that has.

"Hopefully we will win something this year. Eventually, it'll become a bit boring EastEnders and Coronation Street winning all the time. It's almost like we're extras!"

xx
    Last edited by alan45; 08-05-2010 at 03:14.

Emmerdale star Danny Miller has said that viewers should not expect to see his character Aaron Livesy undergoing any dramatic personality changes over the coming months.

Aaron's current gay storyline will reach a climax next week as a court appearance sees him speaking openly about his sexuality in a bid to avoid a custodial sentence after being accused of a homophobic attack.

Despite Aaron reaching the turning point following weeks of self-doubt, Miller told DS that there will be no overnight solution to his other personal problems.

Speaking of Aaron's relationship with mum Chas (Lucy Pargeter), the actor explained: "Funnily enough, he does eventually start to soften towards her. It's about four or five weeks after the trial.

"We don't want it to happen too much, though, otherwise he'll be changing just because he's come out as gay. We don't want to change his character - he'll always be the same person he is, it just so happens he's gay. I think it's working really well."

Asked whether Aaron's love interest Jackson Walsh (Marc Silcock) will remain in the village, he replied: "I don't know. It would be too convenient for Aaron to settle down and be happy with the first guy he meets, though.

"It'd be too unlike Aaron to be all lovey dovey with someone and change the way he is. The key to Aaron's journey is that he'll be staying the way he is - bringing people close and pushing people away."

I wonder if what they are going to do is have Adams girlfriend think that Adam is cheating on her with Aaron. Adam has mentioned having an issue with her recently and I think she might take offense to Adam keeping Aarons secret from her.

WENN
    Emmerdale actor Danny Miller has admitted that he can find his homosexual on-screen persona difficult to play.

Speaking to Gay Times, the 19-year-old actor was asked about his relationship with his alter ego's love interest Jackson Walsh (Marc Silcock).

Miller said: "It's difficult because you're kissing the same sex and you know you're not attracted to them, you're not a homosexual and you're not attracted to them in that way. So it is hard, yeah."

Silcock added: "But you know, it's got to be done. So the only way of doing that is to sit down and have a chat and just try to make it look as real as possible.

"We don't want it to just look like two straight blokes kissing each other. We want to make it look as real as possible, while getting over the difficulties that are involved in it."

Emmerdale's Danny Miller has said that Aaron Livesy will blame himself for causing Jackson Walsh's crash.

In tonight's episode, viewers saw Jackson's (Marc Silcock) life left in jeopardy after he crashed onto a train track in front of an oncoming train.

At a special screening of the episode last week, Miller revealed that Aaron will hold himself responsible for causing Jackson to angrily drive off without him after their row.

"He doesn't cope very well with it," Miller said. "He blames himself, that it is all his fault. The fact that he was ringing him and shouldn't have."

He continued: "He starts to think of different options, like maybe if he hadn't got out of the van; just a few seconds later the train might have gone past and Jackson could probably have got away with a few cuts and bruises.

"Aaron blames himself fully for the fact that if he had said that he loved Jackson, they would not have had the argument and obviously, because he made him drive off through anger and emotion."

He added: "He blames himself solely that this is all his fault."

I think Danny and Marc are playing Aaron and Jackson characters brilliantly. It must be very awkard for two straight guyks to play Gay's but they are doing a blinding job.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

interview with danny miller with brief reference to tonights episode

http://aaronlivesy.wordpress.com/

Thread Information