Thread: William Roache to be honoured by Variety Club

Cool William Roache to be honoured by Variety Club

William Roache will be the star of a tribute night later this year.

The event will honour the 77-year-old actor, who has played Ken Barlow in Coronation Street for almost 4,000 episodes over 50 years.

A number of special guests are also expected to appear at the stage show, the Manchester Evening News reports.

Paul Wild, chairman of the Bolton branch of the Variety Club, said: "This event provides a unique opportunity to honour a much-loved actor who has made his character an important part of British life.

"It will be a very exciting night, and not just for fans of Coronation Street. There will be plenty of surprises - William Roache counts people like Cliff Richard, Cilla Black and Prince Charles among his friends and acquaintances, and many people want to pay tribute to his longevity and talent."

Meanwhile, Roache said: "I am really looking forward to it - it's a wonderful honour and I am very grateful to the Variety Club for arranging it."

It's about time he received some kind of lifetime award. It's just a shame that dear old Maggie won't be there with her costic put-downs.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information