Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Thomas (John Middleton)

is ashley moving laurel into harriet's rented house

ashley laurel and kids move back into debbie's house their old place

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-01-2016), tammyy2j (16-01-2016)

Emmerdale producer Iain MacLeod has confirmed that Ashley and Laurel are planning to recommit themselves to one another by remarrying.

The couple tied the knot years previously on the soap, and will do so again in around six weeks time.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other press, MacLeod confirmed that Laurel will continue supporting Ashley following his dementia diagnosis, and the pair will eventually remarry.

He said: "The Ashley story is one I'm really personally very invested in. I think it's everything that our show does brilliantly.

"It's heartbreaking and it deals with the minutiae of human experience but it's also got huge emotional stakes attached to it."

MacLeod went on to say: "That's something that we'll be running for at least the rest of the year and beyond if we can find enough heartbreaking chapters in it.

"For me it's a good example of my favourite kind of story really. At its core, it's a love story."

Speaking about Ashley's dementia storyline, he added: "I know it centres around a big medical issue but the bits of it that I'm most interested in, much like the Paddy/Rhona story, it's how it affects these human beings, how it affects these relationships.

"When it boils down to it, it's stories about love and loyalty and loss. Yes, the Ashley story is at its core a medical story but I just think there's tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of warmth and humanity to get from it."

Speaking about the couple's future, the producer said: "The next big chapter in that, incidentally, is their wedding which is coming up in about six weeks' time.

"That has a really interesting twist within it, but at its core it's a really poignant, sad, joyous, complicated day.

"I'm so looking forward to seeing those episodes. The scripts are just starting to come through now," he added.

"Much as Kate set the ball rolling on those, just reading it on the page, it's just heartbreaking and heartwarming and gorgeous, that's one of the big stories that's going to play out over 2016."

Digital Spy

Emmerdale star John Middleton has revealed that Ashley and Laurel's plans to remarry will come as a "happy accident".

The show's new producer Iain MacLeod recently announced that Ashley and Laurel will be tying the knot again in around six weeks' time, keen to make the most of the time they have left together.

Ashley and Laurel (Charlotte Bellamy) start making their plans next week, both looking to the future after an eventful few days.

First of all there's a big misunderstanding when Ashley wrongly accuses Laurel of hitting the bottle again, and things get even more complicated when Laurel discovers that she's still pregnant following her recent scare.

Middleton, who has played Ashley since 1996, explained: "When Ashley and Laurel start planning to remarry, it's a very happy accident! It comes after it's revealed that Laurel isn't drinking after all, and also that she hasn't lost the baby.

"That to Ashley is God finally giving him a gift beyond anything he could have asked for. He's desperate to tell someone, and even though he's sworn to secrecy, he can't help but blurt out to Laurel's father Doug that there is impending fantastic news.

"Laurel really doesn't want to say anything at that point, so she then diverts attention by saying that she and Ashley are thinking of getting married. That's a surprise to both Ashley and Doug!

"I think it's a great idea, though, because what neither of them have at the moment is any stability. It's a reaffirmation of their very great love for one another."

© ITV
    Harriet hears about Laurel and Ashley's wedding

Ashley was diagnosed with early onset dementia last year and the tragic storyline will ultimately see the character leave Emmerdale. He won't be going too soon, though, as Middleton is currently contracted for the rest of this year at least.

Discusssing how the story will progress, Middleton added: "I've done a lot of research and I know that Ashley has a very rocky road in front of him. I'm very much at the mercy now of the writers, because it depends on how rapidly they want to progress this.

"Ashley could plateau for a long time, or he could have catastrophic collapses brought on by mini-strokes. As an actor I don't yet know which route they'll take or how long I'm going to be here.

"This is a question which I'm hoping to get an answer to shortly, because I need to be planning for this! But at the moment I absolutely genuinely don't know."

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...de-to-remarry/

John Middleton has spoken out about his uncertain future on Emmerdale.
    The 62-year-old actor knows his days on the popular long-running soap are numbered as his alter-ego Ashley Thomas - who he has played since 1996 - will soon lose his battle with dementia but he has admitted bosses haven't told him how long he has left on the Dales before he's sadly killed off.
    He explained: "I am very much at the mercy of the writers - I don't know how long I'm going to be here. It depends on how rapidly they progress his dementia, because he could plateau for a long time. I don't know which route they will take."
    However, although he's concerned about his exit scenes creeping up on him before he's ready to wave goodbye to the show, John feels incredibly honoured producers chose him to portray such a hard-hitting and emotional storyline.
    John continued: "It's a big challenge, so it's not a very comfortable journey for an actor but it is an exciting one. I'm getting to explore things that you never normally do. I know it seems wrong but I'm actually thoroughly enjoying it."
    Last edited by Perdita; 13-02-2016 at 04:59.

I don't like Ashley leaving Emmerdale as especially with Edna gone, Ashley is the only character offering a bit of calmness in the middle of all madness..
    Last edited by mariba; 13-02-2016 at 11:19.

Emmerdale star Charlotte Bellamy has praised Ashley Thomas's current dementia storyline for its longevity, revealing that John Middleton won't be bowing out of the role any time soon.

Viewers know that Ashley has early onset dementia and Middleton confirmed last year that he will be leaving the show at the end of the emotional storyline.

Speaking about the plot on Lorraine today (March 17), Bellamy - who plays Ashley's partner Laurel - said: "They are going to take their time with this story and I think that's really important.

"Emmerdale has a responsibility to tell this story right and that's what they do really well. They take these big issues and they research them.

"We have a fantastic research team and the writers and the producers all want to get it right and tell it well. He is not leaving quite yet."

Recent episodes have seen Laurel discover that she is expecting Ashley's child, and the reunited couple will tie the knot again in scenes airing tomorrow night.

However, Bellamy explained that there is still be a challenging road ahead for the pair.

She said: "They are meant to be together. He has been diagnosed with dementia but you feel like the audience are behind you. They want them to be happy for the time he has left.

"It's a really important issue to tackle and it's ongoing, because you don't know when Laurel is going to go back on the drink.

"But she's going to be his carer, ultimately, so she's going to be caring for a baby and for him. You will be wondering when the stress is going to get to her."

The show's new producer Iain MacLeod recently reiterated that Ashley's story would run for a while yet, saying: "That's something that we'll be running for at least the rest of the year and beyond if we can find enough heartbreaking chapters in it.

"For me, it's a good example of my favourite kind of story really. At its core, it's a love story."

Digital Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Emmerdale star Charlotte Bellamy has praised Ashley Thomas's current dementia storyline for its longevity, revealing that John Middleton won't be bowing out of the role any time soon.

Viewers know that Ashley has early onset dementia and Middleton confirmed last year that he will be leaving the show at the end of the emotional storyline.

Speaking about the plot on Lorraine today (March 17), Bellamy - who plays Ashley's partner Laurel - said: \"They are going to take their time with this story and I think that's really important.\"Digital Spy
    A video of Charlotte Bellamy's interview on ITV's Lorraine show can be seen at:

"Emmerdale's Charlotte Bellamy On Laurel and Ashley's Big Day | Lorraine", 4m 48s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a4-IVLzWSQ

Laurel and Ashley's wedding ceremony will be aired later today on ITV from 7pm.

Spoilers suggest something adverse happens after the ceremony whilst the guests are at the reception. The storyline continues during Monday's episode (21 March).

I previously posted some suggestions about what might happen after the wedding in a post on 12 March.

(But don't peek if you haven't already read it and don't want any surprise spoiled early!)

Previous suggestion post at:
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...393#post844393

It’s the most haunting and bittersweet story in soap at the moment – the beauty of Ashley and Laurel Thomas finding love again and reuniting their family being spliced with the tragedy of the devastating illness that is making him slowly fade away is an emotional watch for viewers.

And the combination of joy and heartache has never been more evident in our minds than when those credits rolled following the wedding episode that saw poor Ashley suffer a seizure after an otherwise fairytale day.

With Doug having put aside his doubts and fears for his daughter’s futures and Harriet having proven that there are no hard feelings by agreeing to be the one to marry them, the couple were set to enjoy their love witnessed by the village.

With Laurel looking beautiful and Ashley never being more proud, our eyes were already pretty moisturised by the time the cruel twist unfolded.

And now we are just left with a lot of questions as we await for the next chapter in Ashley’s poignant tale.

Will he be okay? Will he even remember his wedding day? If he doesn’t, will it be a permanent or temporary lapse in memory? Will Laurel cope? Is this the beginning of Ashley taking a turn for the worse?

While we can’t give any specific answers to those queries right now, we can guarantee several things. Firstly, that the road ahead will remain full of challenges and difficulties for Laurel and Ashley and the wedding day’s ending will prove a devastating reminder that Ashley’s illness is very much still there and unable to be ignored.

Secondly, that the performances from John Middleton, Charlotte Bellamy and the cast involved on the outskirts will continue to blow us away and pull at our heart strings.

And thirdly, that there will continue to be uplifting moments weaved through the tragedy of what is, at the core, a story of illness and eventual loss – but also a story of love and warmth.

We are sworn to secrecy over what Ashley’s seizure means for him and his wife in the immediate future – but what we can say is that this is just the start of another chapter in the long running saga that will continue to deliver all of the emotions that will keep you engaged until the very end and beyond.

By Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/18/emmerd...-next-5755704/

A video about Emmerdale was shown on ITV's Lorraine show on Friday 18 March 2016.

In this, TV presenter Martel Maxwell took a trip to the Dales to get some behind the scenes gossip ahead of Laurel and Ashley's soap wedding of the year. Interviews were shown for the actors playing the characters of Laurel, Ashley, Doug, Paddy, Rhona and Harriet.

"Emmerdale Behind The Scenes: Laurel And Ashley's Wedding | Lorraine", 3m 20s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-d3oi9TLis

Thread Information