Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Ashley Thomas (John Middleton)

John Middleton bowed out of Emmerdale after nearly 21 years this past summer, but that doesn't mean he has ruled out making a comeback.

The soap legend's character Ashley Thomas was killed off at the culmination of a long-running dementia storyline back in April, drawing huge praise from fans for his final scenes.

However, some fans may have forgotten that Emmerdale left John with a way to return someday, since Ashley has an oft-referenced brother called Luke Thomas.

(Emmerdale's John Middleton and Charlotte Bellamy at the British Soap Awards 2017)

Speaking with The Sun, John hinted that it could be the role of Luke that ultimately brings him back to the Dales at some point in the future.

"There's no hint of Ashley coming back as a ghost but Ashley does have a twin brother called Luke so that could happen," the actor teased.

Just don't expect to see Luke popping up anytime soon, since John Middleton will be spending the rest of the year busy at work on the stage.

"I'm looking forward to the next thing I'm doing – I'm going to be touring a play called Strangers on a Train," he has revealed.

"It's being produced by the Ambassador's theatre group, it's a number one tour and goes touring round the country to places like York, Manchester, Glasgow, Oxford, Birmingham.

"Jack Ashton's in it who's in Coronation Street – it's a really good cast."

In the meantime, Middleton has also made the longlist for the Inside Soap Awards this year — for Best Partnership with Charlotte Bellamy and Best Actor.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (07-09-2017)

Thread Information