Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bill: ITV drops police drama after 27 years

You already have a thread about this. http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...highlight=Bill Hardly any need for another new one describing the End of the max Carter show Who actually cares any more.

Does anyone actually watch the Max Carter show now
    Last edited by alan45; 30-05-2010 at 01:35.

Not mmmme but that's mainly because STV axed it and I can never remember the cable channel and what night it is on.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Not mmmme but that's mainly because STV axed it and I can never remember the cable channel and what night it is on.
    Do you even care

I supposed I'm drawn 50-50 I grew up with the bill in the days of Galloway, Roach, Carver and the rest. Then the likes of Burnside, Tosh Lines and Stamp joined but it still produced high quality drama. Now the only ones i like are Meadows, Jo Marsden, Terry and Smithy.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Cast and crew were left reeling in March by ITV bosses' decision to axe the show, after ratings slumped to 3.5 million viewers from a '90s high of 15 million.

An insider said: "It's emotional - everyone is furious with the decision. But we've decided to put two fingers up to ITV and press on with a belting finale."

Filming of the final episode will continue until mid-June, but it will not hit screens until August.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/show...-26-years.html

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Does anyone actually watch the Max Carter show now
    I stopped watching about a year ago, shortly after the 9pm episodes started showing.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Do you even care
    In some respects yes, it used to be a brilliant show and I always tuned in pre-"make over". However the drivel being churned out and poor quality acting leads me to answer on the whole, no I don't care. I don't read the spoilers any more.

I thought the program was going to be on until November, not August.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I stopped watching about a year ago, shortly after the 9pm episodes started showing.

In some respects yes, it used to be a brilliant show and I always tuned in pre-"make over". However the drivel being churned out and poor quality acting leads me to answer on the whole, no I don't care. I don't read the spoilers any more.

I thought the program was going to be on until November, not August.
    I watched a couple of episodes of the new 'improved' Bill and was totally UNDERWHELMED. It was absolute nonsense from start to finish. As someone who watched the Bill since Day one I was disgusted with the way it was ruined and will be glad to see it go.

THE sun set on Sun Hill yesterday as the last ever scenes of The Bill were filmed after 27 years on air.

Tearful stars hugged as the cop drama wrapped up its last episode, which will air later this summer.

Executive producer Johnathan Young said: "It's been a highly emotional day for all cast and crew."

ITV1 bosses announced the axing in March after a long ratings slide for the series, famous for its former closing sequence featuring officers' plodding feet. Audiences now average three million, compared to seven million in 2002.

All 17 main cast members - including the longest-serving star Simon Rouse, 58, who has played DI Jack Meadows since 1990 - were on set for the last day.

The series, which is filmed in Merton, South West London, started with a one-off special in 1983.

Johnathan said the final gritty two-part episode is about a young female gangster. He added: "It's called Respect and we hope it will respect the heritage of the show."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0qtUAkHCm

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (15-06-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    He added: "It's called Respect and we hope it will respect the heritage of the show."
    It's a shame they didn't think of doing that earlier.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (15-06-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    It's a shame they didn't think of doing that earlier.
    If they had shown the show and cast some RESPECT over the last few years they would still be doing well in the ratings and the show would not have been cancelled. Out of RESPECT for The Bill before it became the dark mess that it now is I will not be watching the final two gritty episodes about a young female GANGSTA.

I RESPECT June Ackland, Reggiebabe, Tony Stamp, Jack Burnside, Ted Roache, Jim Carver, Jack Meadows.

For me the Bill went into terminal decline with the introduction of Todd Crappy as PC GAbriel/David K*nt

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (15-06-2010), Siobhan (15-06-2010)

Thread Information