Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight [1st single from 'Bionic']

Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight [1st single from 'Bionic']

Coming very soon!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Aguilera reveals new album details

Christina Aguilera has revealed that her new album, Bionic, will be released on June 8.

The album will be preceded by the single 'Not Myself Tonight' - produced by Polow Da Don - which will premiere on the singer's website at 11pm BST on March 30.

The cover art, which depicts Aguilera as a robot, appears to the right.

Bionic will also feature songwriting and production contributions from Sia, Tricky Stewart, Le Tigre, Hill & Switch and Ladytron. The tracklisting will include 'Lift Me Up', a ballad written and produced by Linda Perry, with whom Aguilera previously worked on the hit singles 'Beautiful' and 'Hurt'.

"Working on this album with so many talented artists and producers that I admire was really an amazing experience," the singer said in a press release on her website.

"The artists I chose to work with added so many unique sonic layers to Bionic. My intention was to step into their world and what they do combined with my own vision and sound. The results were magic."

Aguilera proceeded to describe the album as a "unique mix of many styles and genres", adding: "I was able to explore and create a fresh, sexy feel using both electronic and organic elements with subject matter ranging from playful to introspective.

"I am so excited for my fans to hear the new sound. It is something I don't think anyone will expect."

Aguilera has released three previous studio albums since making her chart debut in 1999, notching up 14 top ten hits with tracks including 'Genie In A Bottle', 'Dirrty' and 'Ain't No Other Man'.

Love the cover!

Preview on her site - http://www.christinaaguilera.com/

sounds very Britney-like

Well its now up in full
    http://www.christinaaguilera.com/

growing on me more by the listen!

hmmm it is growing on me, but it's not very Christina, it's like shes trying to fit in with the crowd since her abscene, it's very generic and I could see Britney singing something like, Christina was always different and better than Britney. Hmmm. I'm sure I'll end up loving it xxx

Fully liking it now

sounds like a whitney houston song
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

The meteoric rise of Lady Gaga has led to a feeling of insecurity for fellow singer Christina Aguilera, says the R&B star Akon.

Akon, who signed Lady Gaga to his Kon Live Distribution label before she hit the big time, has said the Bad Romance star has overshadowed Christina Aguilera, whose career has stalled as Gaga's has skyrocketed.

"I think sometimes she gets insecure because of all of the success Gaga has had, not realising that she was already successful before Gaga came out," he said.

Because of this, Aguilera has tried to change her style in order to compete with Gaga, who has had two albums and four singles reach number one in the UK, said Akon.

"I miss the old Christina Aguilera. I like the old one better than the new one," he commented.

Lady Gaga will be in the UK later this year as part of her Monster Ball world tour. Her first gig will be at the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham on May 27th.

Christina Aguilera has announced the premiere date of the video for her new single 'Not Myself Tonight'.

The singer recently debuted the song on her official website, which will also provide a link to the first showing of the promo clip on Friday, April 30.

A picture from the video shoot will be released on the site every day in the lead up to the highly-anticipated premiere.

The first picture shows Aguilera standing against a grey background wearing a skimpy PVC top with a matching tight leather dress.

'Not Myself Tonight' is released in the UK on May 3.

Video

Very Lady Gaga ish

Thread Information