Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Being a teenager

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    Didnt smoke, drink, take drugs or get arrested. Just used to hang out in a park!!
    I never smoke or take drugs or drink. Ever, sometimes there are lads down there smoking and they offer us one but i say no, there's no way i'd ever do any of them. Ever.
    Kurt Cobain, gone but not forgotten.

My mum was great about stuff like that she came with me whan I got the pill at 17, so not that younge really.

My dad went mad when I got a tatto when I was 20 hadnt been living a home for a year at the time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum28
    I even had to write her a letter to tell her that I was on the pill, and when I asked about sex and stuff, she shoved a medical dictionary in my hands and told me to read it. Promised myself I wouldn't be the same with my children.
    My mums ok talking about sex and stuff, i think its just the problem i have, its just so embarressing hearing your mum talk about sex and condoms and the pill etc etc I'd rather not talk about it, even tho i know how important communication is!

Quote Originally Posted by .:Kitz:.
    I never smoke or take drugs or drink. Ever, sometimes there are lads down there smoking and they offer us one but i say no, there's no way i'd ever do any of them. Ever.
    Thats very sensible! it not worth it. I didnt even have a alcholic drink till I was 16.

Trouble is peer pressue can be very hard to resist

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    My mum was great about stuff like that she came with me whan I got the pill at 17, so not that younge really.

My dad went mad when I got a tatto when I was 20 hadnt been living a home for a year at the time!!!
    I still can't talk to my mum about that sort of stuff and I'm 30 next year!!! The very sad thing was that I couldn't tell her I was pregnant again for ages until I got my scan date through and needed her to look after my other 2. I think being able to talk to your parents openly really helps you deal with stuff as a teen. Maybe thats why I went down the route that I did?!

Thats very sensible! it not worth it. I didnt even have a alcholic drink till I was 16.

Trouble is peer pressue can be very hard to resist
    thank you I'd never say i've never had an alcoholic drink, i've just never gotten drunk!! And peer pressure is hard sometimes but the boys who smoke (and reek of it) are ok, there not vandals. To be honest i think they only smoke to look cool and because their mates do it. So, its like you said, peer prressure!

I think it does help as what you here as a teenager in school is not always accurate. ie - you cant get pregnant the first time etc etc but on the other hand if you have any adult that can calrify things for you it's usefull

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by .:Kitz:.
    thank you I'd never say i've never had an alcoholic drink, i've just never gotten drunk!! And peer pressure is hard sometimes but the boys who smoke (and reek of it) are ok, there not vandals. To be honest i think they only smoke to look cool and because their mates do it. So, its like you said, peer prressure!
    Thats exactly why I started smoking.....my friends all smoked and the pressure was there to have a try. Like the others say, well done. I fully regret smoking now and I only smoked 10 a day, but it was for 1/2 of my life.

Never smoked when I was a teenager, started at the age of 20 though for a few years, not really sure why either!!!

i never want to smoke, i take to much pride in my hair and nails!!

Thread Information