Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Being a teenager

does that mean care for the mental?

$sTaCeY$

God, it was in the dictionary!

mentalist - way of thinking, mental endowment

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I was an awful teenager - started smoking at 14 (though managed to give up through hypnotherapy last year ), fell pregnant at 17, did certain recreational stuff and was a complete bi*$& to my mother. Even ended up having counselling about it all. But in ways it is now helping me with my eldest (12 this year) who has started with the mood swings etc, and we are more friends now and talk about everything, instead of talking about nothing, like I was with my mum. And its surprising how much we realise is going on as parents - I instinctively know when my lad is up to something, or has something on his mind!!

I have mood swings, all the time. Me and my mum are constantly at each others throats. My door is this close to coming off its hinges....lol

Mum says i'm sulky and that only say a few words at a time, i'm not sulky, i just don't want her to know everything about my life!!
    Kurt Cobain, gone but not forgotten.

My mum thinks I was a good teenager, but it helped that she was relaxed about me going out and what time I was in, she said she would rather know what I was up to than me sneaking off. She still doesnt know the half of it though!!

Quote Originally Posted by .:Kitz:.
    I have mood swings, all the time. Me and my mum are constantly at each others throats
    Same here me and my mom are always at each other

$sTaCeY$

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    She still doesnt know the half of it though!!
    tell us lol

$sTaCeY$

Just the normal stuff, nothing major though!! Didnt smoke, drink, take drugs or get arrested. Just used to hang out in a park!!

Quote Originally Posted by $sTaCeY$
    Same here me and my mom are always at each other
    Ususally i start it by shouting at my mum, nothing rude or anything!! She's really laid make i.e i'm allowed to swear (he he) slam doors, wear make up, get my hair done, belly button peirced (but i don't want it done) pluck my eyebrows (some of my mates aren't allowed to do that!!) my mum's really laid back but she's up tight about other things tho......
    Kurt Cobain, gone but not forgotten.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I did though JudeJude I didn't get arrested though. Maybe its the air in the SW!!! Seriously though, I don't think it helped that I couldn't talk to my mum - I even had to write her a letter to tell her that I was on the pill, and when I asked about sex and stuff, she shoved a medical dictionary in my hands and told me to read it. Promised myself I wouldn't be the same with my children.
    Last edited by Jojo; 11-06-2005 at 16:22.

Thread Information