Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Being a teenager

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by $sTaCeY$
    Parents are a pain in the bum when they keep telling you what to do, I can't go out by myself because of drug gangs hanging around our area, They keep saying its only because we care about you, its totally boring listening to your parents!!
    It is boring, and I used to hate it when my parents used to say the same to me, but it is genuinely because we care about our kids so much and we don't want any harm coming to them. If drug gangs are hanging around outside, they are probably just trying to protect you from a) the drugs and b) the people who are under the influence of them. Drugs make people do very strange things (I know) and avoidance is the best policy!!

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    I think it does help as what you here as a teenager in school is not always accurate. ie - you cant get pregnant the first time etc etc but on the other hand if you have any adult that can calrify things for you it's usefull

I was told by my gran, mum and all my sisters that the first time you had sex no matter what protection you used you would still get pregnant. Two of my sisters had kids in there teens and they said that's what happened to them because they didn't believe my mum........that scared the hell out of me

Quote Originally Posted by lunalee
    I was told by my gran, mum and all my sisters that the first time you had sex no matter what protection you used you would still get pregnant. Two of my sisters had kids in there teens and they said that's what happened to them because they didn't believe my mum........that scared the hell out of me
    OMG that is so unfair!!! but very freaky considering two of your sisters got pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    OMG that is so unfair!!! but very freaky considering two of your sisters got pregnant.
    Tell me about it.It wasn't until the middle of high school when people started talking about it that i thought that something wasn't right with what i'd been told.

I think they only got pregnant because my mum always said use protection but never actually explained what types there were avalible to us.

that is the problem with telling your kids lies, no matter the good motive. when they find out that you have lied about anything, they may not believe you again even when you tell the truth.

My mother gave me booklets from the family planning centre. the Facts of Life for Kids, the Facts of Life for Adults and Conception & Contraception. This was 25 years ago!

I dont agree with telling your kids stuff like babies come from cabbage patches and things like that. As soon as they start to question you should be totally truthful with them. Makes things easier in the long run

I dont agree with telling your kids stuff like babies come from cabbage patches and things like that. As soon as they start to question you should be totally truthful with them. Makes things easier in the long run
    I agree, and this is how I am with my eldest. My hubby doesn't really like it, but its better to know the truth now. If I am open and honest with him now, hopefully it will help him not make me a granny at 34!!!!

One of my friends mum's had her at 15 and had loads of support from her family even helped her get her a house a looked after my friend when her mum was working and stuff like that. But my Friend fell pregnant at 17 and her mum chucked her out the house. I never understood this as her mum had been through it all before and even at a younger age. I say if it happens it happens there no point in blaming them and throwing them out the house, they need your support.

One of my friends mum's had her at 15 and had loads of support from her family even helped her get her a house a looked after my friend when her mum was working and stuff like that. But my Friend fell pregnant at 17 and her mum chucked her out the house. I never understood this as her mum had been through it all before and even at a younger age. I say if it happens it happens there no point in blaming them and throwing them out the house, they need your support.
    Very true Lunalee. My feelings for my kids is complete, unconditional love. When they need me, I am there for them. If they do something thats a bit "daft", I will tell what I think of the situation, but still help them through it. Isn't that what parenting is all about?? If you are dealing with a situation where your child has fallen/helped someone fall pregnant, isn't it better to do your best to support them in what ever decision is made??!!

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum28
    Very true Lunalee. My feelings for my kids is complete, unconditional love. When they need me, I am there for them. If they do something thats a bit "daft", I will tell what I think of the situation, but still help them through it. Isn't that what parenting is all about?? If you are dealing with a situation where your child has fallen/helped someone fall pregnant, isn't it better to do your best to support them in what ever decision is made??!!
    I totally agree thats all they would be looking for support!!! I am not a parent but have a lot of neices and nephews and i know that if anything had to happen to them i would support them all the way.

Thread Information