Thread: Special K Diet

Special K Diet

Hi guys I'm thinking of doing the Special K diet. Has anyone tried it?

I know your allowed one normal meal a day but shat kind of meal is it that your allowed to have? Plus are you allowed to snack at all?

I hope it works. Can't believe how expensive Special K is though! :O

I would do a different diet, to be honest, Bryan, Special K has more salt and sugar than weetabix and you are supposed to have two bowls a day which are minute. You are going to be starving. You would be better off with porridge or Readybrek, oats make you feel fuller for longer, less risk of snacking.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Bryan (20-03-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I would do a different diet, to be honest, Bryan, Special K has more salt and sugar than weetabix and you are supposed to have two bowls a day which are minute. You are going to be starving. You would be better off with porridge or Readybrek, oats make you feel fuller for longer, less risk of snacking.
    thanks Perdita, good advice! i have read actually that it has more fat and salt and sugar than most other cereals, so didnt really understand how Special K was so great for dieting. i think i might try with a normal cereal, it's cheaper and as you say others might fill me up more. my problem is snakcing more than anything, so anything to combat that would be great. I should start drinking more water than squash as water fills you up too.

I think with the Special K diet you can have two snacks a day, usually those cereal bars or Special K bars. Its not a cheap diet.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I did the Special K diet for a week, lost about a lb of weight and then put it back on afterwards. Like the others have said, you end up really hungry and craving food all the time, but keeping your fluids up is a good idea. Yeah, you're allowed to eat one of those special cereal bars a day. I wouldn't recomment this diet! I have lost weight by eating smaller portions of food, drinking lots of squash/water, gentle exercise and eating plenty of fruit & vegetables.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

I tried the special k diet but gave up after three days due to starvation. So I would give it a miss Bryan. If you want to stop snacking or eating junk try having a proper breakfast like porrige or weatabix with chopped fruit. It's amazing how it can fill you up. I always have a breakfast then I have a couple of riveta's at around 11 o'clock then that keeps me going to lunchtime. I haven't had a hot sausage or blackpudding roll in weeks. And I've been asked at work if I've lost weight, which put a smile on my face as I'm going to the gym twice a week. The scales don't seem to be moving but some are notcing the changes. I'm not yet but I'll stick with it.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Special K diet is only for those with a BMI of 28 or over so I doubt you have that Bry.. plus as everyone says, you will be starving... I always eat breakfast (generally weetabix as it is filling and it is not high in carbs or fats) and then little breaks of fruit during the day if I feel peckish..
    Super Mod

Thread Information