Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Over the rainbow in search for dorothy and toto

Obviously the Beeb had an agreemment with ALW on his Marketing. If they' re not happy let them do one

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

THE man leading the search for a dog to play Toto in Wizard of Oz used to be in Bob Geldof's old band Boomtown Rats.
    Gerry Cott, 55, was unveiled as the canine expert on Andrew Lloyd Webber show Over The Rainbow on Sunday.

But BBC1 viewers were not told of his rock past.

The guitarist, who runs an animal talent agency, left after falling out with the band.

He recently said of his decision to quit in 1981: "It wasn't The Boomtown Rats anymore.

"It was Bob Geldof and The Boomtown Rats."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0l4QdIgII

I am not too keen on Sheila and Charlotte as judges

i think sheilas quite good when we see her on the tapes and they are doing acting but i dont like her on the shws.

My favourite if Danielle.

The final five potential Totos in Over The Rainbow have been revealed.

Judges Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, Sarah Fisher, Gerry Cott and previous winner of I'd Do Anything Jodie Prenger will announce the canine finalists in tonight's results show.

The programme, which airs on BBC One at 7.15pm, follows the ten dogs that were invited to Lord Webber's house in Sydmonton for selection tests.

Staunch cat lover Lord Webber said that his Turkish swimming cats took the invasion in their stride, being "at a superior level of intelligence".

The five potential Totos are Pug/Shi Tzu Eddie, 1; Mini Schnauzer Dave, 1; Beagle Spider, 6; English Pointer type/Red Setter Retriever cross breed Troy, 4.5; and Bearded Collie cross Springer Spaniel Missy, 3.

Lord Webber said: "I somehow could never quite imagine myself being in this position - choosing a dog for one of my shows - but I've really rather enjoyed the process. It hasn't been an easy decision for me, selecting the final five, but I was particularly drawn to the dogs I have chosen. Each of them could be a Toto in their own way. However, as adorable as they are, I remain a confirmed cat-man."

The five finalists will be put through a series of tasks over the coming weeks before the Toto panel select the winning dog, which will appear in a one-off gala performance of The Wizard Of Oz in the West End next year.

I cannot blieve who went last night and who was in the bottom two! shocking, she should not have gone. The poor girl was in bits.

Poor Stephanie only went because of the terrible song choice she was given. In fairness it should have been Steph that went home because she has been ih the bottom two before. The judges might rave about her singing but she's not a hot with the public. If the viewers are not voting for her then they're not going to pay to see her on the west end. Two Dorothy's will go this week. Sophie may be one and if Steph finds herself in a sing off she should be booted too.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

yeh i think that you are right there, i agree. Didnt that song lead to another person getting knocked out that shouldt in the oliver one, i think she was called sarah.

Over The Rainbow finalist Lauren Samuels has joked that she is "clinging on" in the Andrew Lloyd Webber talent competition.

Samuels, who was in the bottom two sing-off for the second time last weekend, admitted that she has a lot to prove in Saturday night's final.

"I do feel like the girl who just got through to the final by the skin of her teeth! I'm clinging on," she told DS.

"I do feel like I have to prove myself now. Not just to Andrew for saving me. But also to the public, because it will be completely their votes this week."

Speaking about her nerves ahead of the series climax, she added: "It's a really weird feeling. I'm absolutely over the moon that I've got this far. Even if I don't win, I'm really proud of myself.

"But then the other half of me wants to win it so, so, so much! That makes it really nerve-wracking, pressured, stressful and exciting."

The Over The Rainbow final starts on Saturday at 7pm on BBC One.

i cant stand her, she should have gone, shes too fake,and me and my mum think that they are trying to big her up to make her look good cause clearly the public dont like her.

I think it will be between Daniele and Sophie, but my votes Danielle everytime!

Thread Information