Thread: Kym Marsh: 'I'd love a Best Actress nod'

Kym Marsh: 'I'd love a Best Actress nod'

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has admitted that she would have liked to secure a 'Best Actress' nomination in the British Soap Awards shortlist.

The 33-year-old, who plays Weatherfield's Michelle Connor, has picked up a 'Sexiest Female' nod ahead of this summer's ceremony. She appears in the category alongside co-stars Helen Flanagan (Rosie Webster) and Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre), along with 12 actresses from the other UK soaps.

However, Marsh is not in the running for the 'Best Actress' prize. Instead, her colleagues Keegan, Helen Worth (Gail McIntyre) and Katherine Kelly (Becky McDonald) will represent the Weatherfield drama in that category on the night.

Writing in her New magazine column, Marsh commented: "I'm nominated for 'Sexiest Female' at the British Soap Awards in May.

"Of course it's nice to be nominated for any award, but I'd much rather be up for 'Best Actress'!"

Marsh won the 'Best Newcomer' prize at the British Soap Awards in 2007.

Taken from Digital Spy

Trouble is Kim, you have to be a good actor to get nominated - so not being nominated should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by no1abbafan View Post
    Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has admitted that she would have liked to secure a 'Best Actress' nomination in the British Soap Awards shortlist.

Dream on Kym. Get some acting lessons first

She cant act

Lol

She's not bad, but the others are better!

Thread Information