Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hayley and Roy to marry!!!!!!!!

He might be second choice rather than first

A wedding without a hitch would be dull!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I cannot wait for this episode to air, it looks like a typical Corrie Wedding, everything that can go wrong does!

I think looney Mary may play a part in the wedding I can see her becoming obsessive with Hayley since she gave her a wedding dress.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Coronation Street's Julie Hesmondhalgh has gushed about her "sexy" co-star David Neilson.

Julie and David play Hayley and Roy Cropper, the kind-hearted couple who run Roy's Rolls cafe.

The actress told Reveal magazine: "[David] is very sexy. My friends laugh when I tell them but then they meet him and see that he's a very sophisticated and elegant man - you'd be surprised."

In the soap, Roy and transsexual Hayley are preparing to tie the knot after a law change means they can get married officially.

"Normally we all hate filming weddings as it's a lot of hanging around, but this time we had beautiful weather and were surrounded by gorgeous Lancashire countryside," Julie said.

The full interview is in Reveal magazine, on sale on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Perdita; 24-08-2010 at 01:26.

With Hayley Cropper's (Julie Hesmondhalgh) wedding fast approaching, Becky arranges a hen night to remember, complete with a dashing salsa-dancing maestro sweep her off her feet.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-08-2010)

Julie Hesmondhalgh is planning a break from Coronation Street shortly after the 50th anniversary celebrations at the end of the year.
    The 40-year-old actress, who plays dowdy Hayley Cropper in the ITV1 soap, admitted she had been inspired to take a sabbatical by Sally Dynevor, who plays Sally Webster on screen.
    Sally recently returned to Weatherfield after battling breast cancer. "I'm inspired by all the stuff she's been saying about sorting her priorities," Julie said.

"I'd quite like to do a big world trip with the family."
    Corrie bosses are understood to be supportive of Julie's plans to take some time off. An ITV spokesman said: "As long as we have notice, we should be able to accommodate her request."
    Julie has been in Corrie since she was 28 and the past year had been a busy one for Hayley - storylines included a wacky wedding and being held hostage by crazed killer Tony Gordon.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-08-2010)

David Neilson has predicted that his Coronation Street alter ego Roy Cropper will stay permanently with Hayley.

Speaking to What's On TV, the 61-year-old actor described the couple, who are marrying soon, as "conservative" and unlikely to have affairs.

He said: "They are a conservative couple with a small 'c' and what they really care about is fitting in. Roy is proud of his relationship with Hayley.

"But I don't think marriage will change anything - although they will certainly be a bit poorer. They'll carry on as normal. They won't have an uneventful married life because this is a soap, but I can't imagine them going off and having affairs or anything."

Loved the Hen night last night. Becky proved she can be warm and caring under that hard shell and still give her mates a great night.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Corrie being a comedy show rather than a soap (take a hint soap awards - River City)_ , its the only way they could get away with the train stunt. Mary had no time to uncouple the carriage , if she did it would have been left at the station.
    Last edited by walsh2509; 30-08-2010 at 20:35.

Thread Information