Thread: Martin Jarvis joins 'EastEnders'

Martin Jarvis joins 'EastEnders'

Veteran actor Martin Jarvis has joined the cast of EastEnders as a potential love interest for Pat and Peggy, it has been revealed.
    The 68-year-old will play Harvey Freeman, a mysterious 60-something freelance journalist who is tasked with reporting on the local elections for the Walford Gazette.
    Described as a chancer and a ladies' man, Harvey first appears in Albert Square in May as best friends Pat and Peggy decide to run against each other for councillor.
    Following her decision to pull out of the running last year, Queen Vic landlady Peggy - played by matriarch Barbara Windsor - enlists herself as this year's candidate. However, Peggy is seething when Pat (Pam St Clement) also decides to stand.
    With their friendship put to the test, their local election battle is further heightened by Harvey's presence on the Square during the campaign period.
    Both Pat and Peggy have their eyes on "perfect gent" Harvey, but the situation soon makes them realise that their friendship is worth more than what he has to offer.
    Speaking of his casting, Jarvis said: "I'm absolutely thrilled to be a potential thorn between two roses working with two actresses I greatly admire and have had the pleasure of working with before. I'm delighted to be reunited with Pam and Barbara and to have a part in EastEnders."
    Outgoing executive producer Diederick Santer added: "I'm delighted that the wonderful and charming Martin Jarvis will be joining us in Walford, and I can't wait to see his scenes with Barbara and Pam."
    Jarvis's acting credits include Titanic, Doctor Who, Murder She Wrote, A Touch of Frost and US show Numb3rs.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-03-2010), lizann (01-03-2010), tammyy2j (01-03-2010)

When is Peggy leaving?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (01-03-2010)

Earlier today, it was announced that Martin Jarvis has been cast in EastEnders as freelance journo Harvey Freeman - and here's the first picture of him on set!

Veteran actor Martin Jarvis has joined the cast of EastEnders as a potential love interest for Pat and Peggy, it has been revealed.

The 68-year-old - who was awarded an OBE in 2000 - will play Harvey Freeman, a mysterious 60-something freelance journalist who is tasked with reporting on the local elections for the Walford Gazette.

Described as a chancer and a ladies' man, Harvey first appears in Albert Square in May as best friends Pat and Peggy decide to run against each other for councillor.

Following her decision to pull out of the running last year, Queen Vic landlady Peggy - played by matriarch Barbara Windsor - enlists herself as this year's candidate. However, Peggy is seething when Pat (Pam St Clement) also decides to stand.

With their friendship put to the test, their local election battle is further heightened by Harvey's presence on the Square during the campaign period.

Both Pat and Peggy have their eyes on "perfect gent" Harvey, but the situation soon makes them realise that their friendship is worth more than what he has to offer.

Speaking of his casting, Jarvis said: "I'm absolutely thrilled to be a potential thorn between two roses working with two actresses I greatly admire and have had the pleasure of working with before. I'm delighted to be reunited with Pam and Barbara and to have a part in EastEnders."

Outgoing executive producer Diederick Santer added: "I'm delighted that the wonderful and charming Martin Jarvis will be joining us in Walford, and I can't wait to see his scenes with Barbara and Pam."

Jarvis's acting credits include Titanic, Doctor Who, Murder She Wrote, A Touch of Frost and US show Numb3rs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-03-2010), JustJodi (17-03-2010), tammyy2j (01-03-2010)

I hope the use protection or else they could be preggers by the same fella now thats an original storyline for EE

EASTENDERS newcomer Harvey Freeman proves to be an instant hit with the ladies - when he gets belted by TWO Albert Square matriarchs.
    Journalist Harvey, played by Martin Jarvis, 68, upsets Peggy Mitchell and Pat Evans (Pam St Clement) on a sight-seeing bus.

Pat gives him a left hook while Peggy (Barbara Windsor) slaps him in the face - before shouting: "That's what you call East End justice!"

The scenes will air on BBC1 in May. However, Harvey is later set to emerge as a potential squeeze for the pair.

Looks like they are prepared to fight for him...

The Sun
    Last edited by alan45; 17-03-2010 at 00:42.

Thread Information