Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Becky and Tracy

Tracy Barlow will be hoping to win back her ex-partner Steve McDonald when she returns to Coronation Street later this year, it has been revealed.

The Weatherfield superbitch is due to make a dramatic comeback on Christmas Eve after a plot twist sees her released from prison, where she is currently serving a 15-year sentence for murder.

Tracy clashed with Steve's wife Becky at Blanche's funeral earlier this year, and there looks likely to be more tension between the two women once the jailed character makes her return.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Corrie's series producer Phil Collinson explained: "2011 will be Tracy's year, and she's going to cause all sorts of mayhem on the Street.

"At the heart of it, she loves Steve. He's the father of her daughter Amy and she still carries a torch for him.

"Tracy's back for Steve - but she hasn't bargained on Becky, who has grown up fighting and is not prepared to let her perfect life go. There will be plenty of fireworks!"

Katherine Kelly, who plays Becky, recently predicted that "all hell" will break loose following Tracy's comeback.

How is she released so early for murder ?????????

They will find some totally unrealistic reason

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    How is she released so early for murder ?????????

Kate Ford is a favourite of the producers of Corrie so they will dream up some reason to bring her back. I for one cannot see any possible storyline that would be believable and not insult the viewers intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Kate Ford is a favourite of the producers of Corrie so they will dream up some reason to bring her back. I for one cannot see any possible storyline that would be believable and not insult the viewers intelligence.
    I'd prefer Charlie back tbh than her

Becky McDonald wants nothing more than a happy family Christmas for herself, Steve, little Amy and her nephew Max.

But with the return of her nemesis Tracy Barlow on the cards, the festive season looks set to be far from merry for the plucky lass.

Katherine Kelly, who plays the good-hearted blonde, reckons there will be nothing but heartache and tears in store for her alter ego when Amy's real mum Tracy (Kate Ford) gets out of jail.

"Having Tracy back on the Street will be Becky's nightmare. She caused enough trouble for her from behind bars, so who knows quite what she'll be capable of when she gets out," she told Inside Soap.

She added: "Tracy hates Becky, and she's capable of anything. Yes, Becky's handy with her fists, but Tracy's devious and manipulative. This time, Becky may have met her match."

Tracy, who is currently banged up for the murder of her boyfriend Charlie Stubbs, is set to make a sensational Christmas Eve comeback. Be afraid...

Katherine Kelly has revealed that she is excited to be re-exploring Becky McDonald's darker side in Coronation Street.

In the soap's 50th anniversary live episode last week, fans saw Becky seize an opportunity in the chaos of the tram crash disaster by stealing money from an open safe in the Corner Shop.

Becky committed her shocking act to pay off half-sister Kylie, who had demanded more money from the McDonalds in return for son Max - having originally sold him to the pair for £20,000 weeks earlier.

Speaking on Lorraine this morning, Kelly commented: "I think that's the most amazing thing about the 50th, and particularly the live episode - that it's not actually the end of people's stories, it's the beginning of them.

"She loves that little boy, Max. I like the fact that, when her back's up against the wall, no matter how far Becky has come, her default mechanism is always survival.

"In her eyes, she's saving Max. She thinks that if he stays with Kylie it will turn to drugs and probably death, so she thinks that she's saving his life. So I can really understand where she's coming from. But I love playing that side of Becky as well - I really enjoy that!"

The McDonalds will be at the forefront of Corrie's Christmas storyline this year as Tracy Barlow returns and causes chaos by trying to reclaim her daughter Amy.

Thread Information