Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheree Murphy Joins Hollyoaks!

Sheree Murphy has said that the "massive, massive changes" to Hollyoaks may help it compete with other soaps on TV.

The Emmerdale actress was one of the first cast members hired by new series producer Paul Marquess when she was picked to play Anita Roy (Saira Choudhry)'s long-lost mother Eva Strong.

Murphy told DS: "They've got lots of characters in their mid-to-late 30s coming in, which I think is important because not everyone wants to watch kids all the time.

"I know it's a teen soap, but I think if they're going to try to compete with the other soaps they need a few older characters in. Hopefully the changes will be for the better."

Of her own character's upcoming storylines, she added: "I'm still a bit of a mystery because my daughter's just found out that I'm her mother, but it's not until the stuff I'm filming now that my character really comes into her own."

Asked if Eva really wants to reconnect with her daughter, Murphy said: "She's obviously made that effort to go and find her so I think she does.

"She had her when she was very young. To all of a sudden have a 17 or 18-year-old daughter and never had to deal with her before, I think there's going to be a lot of issues.

"Does she really want to be her mum? Does she want to be a friend? Because she's still young herself - there's lots of things like that coming up."

Sheree Murphy is the face of Gala Bingo's World Cup campaign, where £250k can be won daily in their nationwide clubs. To play Sheree's dedicated bingo games online or to find your nearest club visit the Gala Bingo website.

Hollyoaks newcomer Sheree Murphy has revealed that she turned down the chance to appear in the soap's 'Babes' calendar.

The actress, who plays Anita Roy's long-lost mother Eva on the teen drama, confessed that she felt too old to strip off for the forthcoming 2011 release.

Speaking to Take 5 magazine, Murphy confessed: "They did ask, but I'll leave it to the younger girls!"

The 34-year-old remarked that her female co-stars have "such good little figures" and are "all toned".

She said: "I would never compare myself to them because I'm ten years older than some of them, I've had three kids and my body has changed. Still, I have upped the game a bit more since joining Hollyoaks."

Murphy recently predicted that Hollyoaks' ongoing revamp will help the show to better compete with rival soaps.

Sheree Murphy is to take a break from Hollyoaks due to family commitments,

The actress - who has played Anita Roy's long-lost mother Eva since February - told producer Paul Marquess earlier this year that she would be unable to stick with the soap beyond her original contract.

Murphy had made her decision after learning that her husband Harry Kewell's football career would soon take him to the US. As the couple began making plans for a Stateside move, Hollyoaks bosses started to work on an exit storyline for Eva.

However, as it has since been confirmed that Kewell will remain with his current club Galatasaray for the 2010-2011 football season, the situation has now changed. While Eva will disappear from screens as originally planned, the Hollyoaks team have said that they are already devising a comeback plot for the character.

Speaking of her alter ego's upcoming exit, Murphy commented: "Sadly, because we thought that my husband's football career was going to take us to the States, I was unable to sign another contract with Hollyoaks. However, our circumstances have now changed and I've told Paul that if storylines allow, I would love to continue in the role of Eva.

"Hollyoaks is going from strength to strength under Paul's guidance and I've absolutely loved acting again. Paul has been lovely and I'm very hopeful that the door will be left open."

Paul Marquess added: "I'm a huge fan of Sheree's and I think Eva is a great character who really comes into her own in the next few months. The stuff that viewers will soon see on screen is absolutely hilarious between Eva and an embarrassed Anita.

"Sheree will be taking a little break on screen because of her family commitments, but we're already thinking about how we'll bring her back."
    Last edited by alan45; 07-08-2010 at 23:39.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (08-08-2010)

Thats good news I'm not keen on Eva

Sheree Murphy has announced that she is expecting her fourth child with husband Harry Kewell.

The Hollyoaks and Emmerdale actress revealed that she was pregnant after admitting last year that she and Kewell would like another child.

Murphy, who has 9-year-old Taylor, 6-year-old Ruby and 2-year-old Matilda with the footballer, wrote on Twitter: "Got some exciting news I'd like to share with you all.

"We are having another baby!! I'm 14 weeks pregnant. Been very sick but I'm very happy."

Murphy has previously insisted that she is "so glad" to have a lower profile than her WAG friends Alex Curran and Coleen Rooney.

However, the 35-year-old has confessed that she has received more attention since signing up to play Eva Strong on Hollyoaks.

Sheree Murphy and Harry Kewell are expecting a baby daughter, according to reports.

The Emmerdale and Hollyoaks star who are relocating to Australia next month with son Taylor and daughters Ruby and Matilda, found out the sex of her fourth child with Kewell recently.

The Herald Sun has claimed that the couple have already told close friends and family that they are having a girl.

After her latest scan, Murphy wrote on her Twitter page: "My scan went so well today...everything is great. I found out the sex but need to tell family and friends first then I'll let you know." She later wrote: "I never found out with the first but I have done now. I can never wait!"

The actress said that although she previously felt like "there's two [babies] in there", she now know that "it's defo (sic) only one", adding that she feels "huge but it's worth it". She also revealed that baby number four will be "the last".

Since Kewell has already left the UK for Australia to join new football club Melbourne Victory, Murphy has revealed that she missed him at the scan appointment.

She said: "I wish Harry was there with me but I had the next best thing... my mum! I'm rubbish without him. But the kids are keeping me busy."

Murphy also responded to reports of her landing a role in Aussie show Neighbours, saying: "Not sure about Neighbours...I think I'm too pregnant to be in it!"

FORMER Emmerdale star Sheree Murphy has had a baby girl, Dolly.

Sheree took to Twitter soon after the birth on Saturday, saying: "She is a little beauty!! Mummy is shattered!"

Just two days earlier she had tweeted: "Really fed up!!! Excited too though."

Sheree lives in Australia because her hubby – ex-Liverpool footballer Harry Kewell – now plays for Melbourne Victory.

The mum of four was Tricia Dingle in Emmerdale but left in 2003 to spend more time with her family.

Thread Information