Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheree Murphy Joins Hollyoaks!

Sheree Murphy Joins Hollyoaks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sheree Murphy has joined hollyoaks.

she is to play the long lost mother of Anita Roy.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Hollyoaks.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-02-2010), lizann (26-02-2010)

Over six years after she quit Emmerdale, Sheree Murphy is returning to the world of soap.
    The mother-of-three is joining the cast of rival soap Hollyoaks, playing the long-lost biological mother of teen Anita Roy (Saira Choudhry).
    Murphy, whose ditzy barmaid character Tricia Dingle was killed off the ITV show in December 2003, took a step back from her acting career to be a full-time mum to her three children.

The 34-year-old actress, who was runner-up in the 2005 series of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!, has already begun filming her scenes, which be screened from April 23.
    She will play Eva, who had Anita adopted by Govinda and Bel Roy as a baby.
    Troubled teen Anita only discovered she was adopted last June after her evil brother Ash (Junade Khan) told her.

Anita was stunned when Ash showed her her birth certificate, which showed her mother was just a teenager when she had her.
    Murphy's character Eva arrives in Chester under the guise of a mysterious brunette called 'Kate' and finds herself attracted to Anita's other brother Ravi (Stephen Uppal).
    But it isn't long before she finds out Ravi's little sister is the baby she gave up 17 years ago.

Murphy said: 'Being a fan of the show, I'm really excited to be a part of Hollyoaks and working with the young cast, especially Saira.
    'Her character has been through some really tough times recently so it will be interesting to see how she responds to the arrival of my character Eva, her biological mother.'

Meanwhile, Murphy is said to be considering a move Down Under next year with Australian footballer husband Harry Kewell.
    The couple visited several homes in the Sydney suburb of Palm Beach earlier this month while Kewell received medical treatment for his groin injury.
    Murphy and Kewell, who have been married for nearly seven years, have spent a lot of the past year apart from he transferred from Liverpool to Turkish team Galatasaray.
    The soap star decided to stay at the couple's £2.6million home in Cheshire with their three children Taylor, nine, Ruby, six and Matilda, 22 months, rather than uproot them.

But with his Galatasaray contract up for renewal this summer, football pundits expect he will be looking to return to a British team.
    Despite wanting to have another child, Murphy said last year she was hoping to return to work again.
    She said: 'I’d like another one. But not yet because I’d like to go back to work for a bit first. I’ve always wanted a big family and I must admit I’d like another boy.'
    Murphy has spoke of how difficult it has been for her and Kewell to have a long-distance marriage: 'He’s my best friend and I miss him so much but I know he’s doing this for the family.'

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-02-2010), lizann (24-02-2010), moonstorm (13-04-2010)

hopefully she takes Anita with her and leaves

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-02-2010)

Sheree Murphy has revealed that she is "really excited" after joining the cast of Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.

Yesterday, it emerged that the former Emmerdale star had signed up to play Anita Roy's (Saira Choudhry) long-lost mother Eva on the teen drama.

Speaking about her new role for the first time, Murphy commented: "Being a fan of the show I'm really excited to be a part of Hollyoaks and working with the young cast, especially Saira.

"Her character has been through some really tough times lately so it will be interesting to see how she responds to the arrival of my character Eva, her biological mother."

Murphy has already started filming scenes and is expected to appear on screen for the first time on April 23.

The actress is best known for playing Emmerdale's Tricia Dingle between 1998 and 2004 and for appearing on the fifth series of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! in 2005. However, in recent years, she has concentrated on a TV presenting career.

Sheree Murphy has admitted that her new role in Hollyoaks is making her feel "really old".

The 34-year-old has been filming her first scenes with the Chester-based soap in recent weeks after signing up to play Anita Roy's (Saira Choudhry) long-lost mother Eva on the teen drama.

Discussing her experience so far, Murphy told Holy Soap: "I always thought eventually I'm going to be playing a mother at some point as I get older, but maybe a mother to a baby or a toddler, not to a 17-year-old, so I feel really old.

"I've only done a few scenes here and there, so I've kind of not got my teeth into it yet and I still feel like the new girl, which is awful. I hate it! But everyone's lovely and I'm really looking forward to it."

The actress previously played barmaid Tricia Dingle in Emmerdale for six years until 2004.

Asked how Hollyoaks compares to her old show, Murphy replied: "It's really different. Everyone's much younger so I feel really old, which is not a good thing. But it's kind of the same because when you're on a soap it's family-orientated and everyone gets on well."

Murphy's character will be seen on screen for the first time next month.

DS

Hollyoaks star Sheree Murphy has revealed that Emily Symons wanted her to sign up for Home and Away.

Symons recently returned to her role as Summer Bay's Marilyn Fisher and had hoped that Murphy would be cast as the dizzy blonde's British friend Mitzi.

The Australian actress struck up a friendship with Murphy when they worked on Emmerdale together and the pair are still in touch.

Speaking to PA, Murphy explained: "Marilyn's been in England and has a friend called Mitzi - [the producers] were looking to cast her and she said, 'You've got to cast my friend Sheree'.

"I think they are casting for her now but I've got a job and can't be coming over to Australia! She said the producer is keen to do something in the future."

Murphy, who will be seen making her debut in Hollyoaks later this month, added that it would "make sense" for her to pursue work down under one day as her footballer husband Harry Kewell is from Australia.

Sheree Murphy has insisted that there is no truth in rumours of poor morale among the Hollyoaks cast.

The actress, who joined the Channel 4 teen serial in February, insisted that her colleagues all feel optimistic about the show's future with new producer Paul Marquess at the helm.

Earlier this month, it was reported that the Hollyoaks team feared the drama could be axed after its audience fell to 850,000 on Good Friday.

However, speaking to Holy Soap, Murphy explained: "I think everyone's trying to be positive about the new changes rather than think about the whole thing being axed.

"The new producer has been brought in for a reason and that's to change things around so regardless of what happens in the future you have to look at now. He's going to make big changes and improve everything if that's what it needs."

In recent weeks, Marquess has culled a string of characters, shaken up the Hollyoaks production team and announced a hoard of new signings. He has also revealed that fans can expect to see "a big injection of fun" over the coming months.

Murphy's first scenes as Anita Roy's (Saira Choudhry) long-lost mother Eva will air on Hollyoaks next week.

DS

Hollyoaks newcomer Sheree Murphy has admitted that she felt nervous as she made her debut on the soap.

The mother-of-three announced that she had been cast as Anita Roy's (Saira Choudhry) long-lost mother Eva two months ago - her first major acting role since she bowed out of Emmerdale in 2004.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo about the pressures of her screen comeback, Murphy explained: "I think it's all to do with confidence. I do believe that if you've got confidence you can do most things, but when you've lost that - and I have to say, I did massively - then you start to have these doubts.

"You're settled in your life with your kids and the demands on you are completely different. You know you can act, but then there's still a part of you which does a scene and thinks, 'Oh God, that's probably rubbish'."

On her new schedule, she continued: "I'm very lucky at the moment because they've just eased me into it which I really appreciate. They've allowed me to get my head around it a bit, to sort out the kids and all that kind of stuff."

Murphy's first Hollyoaks scenes will air later this week.

I'm interested to see how she does.

Sheree Murphy has admitted that accepting her new job on Hollyoaks was a "difficult" decision.

The actress signed up for the part of Anita Roy's (Saira Choudhry) long-lost mother Eva two months ago - her first major television role in six years.

Speaking on This Morning today, Murphy explained that she was initially wary of making a TV comeback because she knew it would mean less time to spend with her footballer husband Harry Kewell, who is based in Turkey due to his own career commitments.

She commented: "It is a long commute and it has been quite difficult. That's why when the phone call came up and I got the chance to appear on Hollyoaks, it was quite a difficult decision to make.

"Now that I have a job, I have to stay in England. But [Harry's] very supportive of what I do and he knew I wanted to go back to work. "

The mother-of-three added that she relies on Skype to keep in touch with her partner, describing it as a "great invention".

Murphy's first episode of Hollyoaks airs on Channel 4 tonight.

Thread Information