Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'EastEnders' pens Max, Stacey two-hander

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    If i were Max and it was my son dead i try and kill Stacey
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    In this case Alan, we are getting to see how Max has reacted to Stacey's confession which would have happen had it not been live plus we get to find out if Bradley knew this as most of us suspect he did
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Two handers, if done well, can be really intense - and I can't see it not being done well with two such good actors.
    Its just my opinion based on previous EE Two Handers and indeed single handers.

i hope alot of questions will answered in this episode

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    I think out of all the soaps EE does this best and they have all been brilliant (in my opinion).. I suppose each to their own
    Super Mod

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

alan45 (25-02-2010)

I guess it is down to how much you are interested in the show and the characters involved

Departing EastEnders exec Diederick Santer has promised that there are "fascinating" scenes ahead for Stacey and Max Branning.

In an interview with Walford Web, the soap's boss revealed what viewers can expect from the forthcoming two-hander episode focusing on the pair following Stacey's murder confession.

Stacey, played by 21-year-old Lacey Turner, is currently racked with guilt after husband Bradley (Charlie Clements) fell to his death from the roof of the Queen Vic while being chased by police who believed he killed Archie Mitchell. The market stall holder has confessed to Bradley's father Max that she was in fact the true culprit.

Discussing how the story will now progress, Santer commented: "I think it's very interesting for Stacey. Certainly what we have planned for the next few months will be fascinating."

Of Stacey and Max's two-hander episode, he continued: "It will explore the motives behind what Stacey did, and be a big test for Max. Can he forgive Stacey for what she's done, even though it led to the death of his son? Will he turn her over to the police?

"One thing that we'll be keen to show is that Stacey was lucid at the time of Archie's death - striking him with the Queen Vic bust was not a function of her bipolar. She had sound reasons to be angry with Archie - he took advantage of her, he ruined her second chance with Bradley, he caused the chain of events which killed her best friend, he even effectively ran her beloved brother Sean out of town.

"All of this will be explored, as will the question of whether she really meant to kill him. For now, it stays a secret between two people, but who knows whether Max can keep it a secret forever?"

Stacey's live confession was seen by 16.6m viewers last Friday.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-02-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    . Can he forgive Stacey for what she's done, even though it led to the death of his son? Will he turn her over to the police?

Well we know the answer to that one already

NO

Because EE want to keep her in the show

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I think out of all the soaps EE does this best and they have all been brilliant (in my opinion).. I suppose each to their own
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I guess it is down to how much you are interested in the show and the characters involved
    really should have been covered by decent scriptwriting in the first place

Its not down to what I think about EE. I just feel that two or one handed episodes are a lazy way of filling in gaping holes in a plot or storyline that really should have been covered by decent scriptwriting in the first place

The same would be true IMO with Corrie or Emmerdale

I was not impressed with previous ones so its not really down to interest or lack of interest in a particular soap.

That said of course this is only my opinion and both of yours are very valid as well.
    Last edited by alan45; 25-02-2010 at 12:14.

Maybe Stacey thinks she killed him but she aint the real killer like Chrissy/Zoe/Den

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    I admit they haven't all been good, and I didn't even watch Dot's single hander episode 'cos I feared it would be boring.

There should be plenty of juicy revelations and reactions in this one to keep it entertaining, though.

Details have today emerged of EastEnders' forthcoming two-hander episode focusing on killer Stacey Branning and her father-in-law Max in the aftermath of the troubled character's murder confession.

The special instalment of the BBC soap will see Max bundling Stacey into a car and driving off after he finally manages to track her down following her disappearance, the Daily Mail reports.

In subsequent scenes, the pair are expected to be seen having a huge bust-up as Max (Jake Wood) orders Stacey (Lacey Turner) to tell the police that she was the real killer of villain Archie Mitchell.

Detectives who investigated Archie's death currently believe that Stacey's late husband Bradley was the culprit after he met his death while running from police who were about to take him into custody.

However, the soap's live episode on February 19 saw Stacey confessing to Max that she was responsible for the murder, leaving him determined to clear his son's name.

Speaking of the upcoming two-hander, a Walford source said: "This is going to be dynamite viewing. It has been in the planning for months, but we could only film it once the live EastEnders episode had gone ahead because we had to keep the Archie's killer storyline a secret from everyone, including the cast."

EastEnders' former executive producer Diederick Santer recently said that the episode will explore the full reasons of why Stacey attacked Archie and confirm "whether she really meant to kill him".

Max and Stacey's two-hander will air on Friday, March 26 at 8pm on BBC One.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-03-2010), lizann (11-03-2010)

Thread Information