Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holly Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Hollyoaks fans will see Cindy Longford's daughter Holly Cunningham return to the village next month, Digital Spy can confirm.

Actress and model Wallis Day is now playing the role of Holly, who is set to cause mischief as she arrives back home after two years away.

© Lime Pictures

Pictured: Wallis Day as Holly Cunningham.

Back from finishing school, Holly seems to be a well-mannered and sophisticated 14-year-old at first glance. However, her true bratty nature is soon revealed and it seems that she could be a mini-Cindy.

Having had a taste of the good life during her time away, Holly isn't prepared to give it up anytime soon - but her naughty antics will cause mayhem in the village.

Cindy, meanwhile, is oblivious to her daughter's faults and seems unaware that she is resented by Holly for her unstable childhood.

© Lime Pictures

Speaking of her new role, Day commented: "I am thrilled to have been cast as Holly Cunningham as I've been a fan of Hollyoaks for many years. The whole team have been so welcoming and really friendly - it's like being part of a large family and they've taught me so much already.

"Holly is a really exciting character with plenty of surprises up her sleeve, so you'd better watch to see what happens. I'm so grateful for this opportunity and I'm enjoying every minute!"

Holly's return scenes air on Wednesday, November 14 on Channel 4.

Meanwhile, Digital Spy can also confirm that the role of Dodger Savage's twin sister Sienna Blake has been recast.

Sienna will now be played by Anna Passey when she makes her debut on screen in November.

Pictured: Anna Passey.

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

The pictures

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Last edited by alan45; 26-10-2012 at 11:25.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

^ Holly is suppose to be Tom's age that new one looks as old as her mother Cindy

She looks about 21!!

Stephanie Waring has defended the recasting of her Hollyoaks character Cindy's daughter.

Fans have taken to Twitter to question the realism of 18-year-old Wallis Day's portrayal of 14-year-old Holly, who returned to screens this week for Cindy and Tony's wedding.

Responding to the criticism, Waring wrote: "For everyone commenting on the new Holly so what if she looks older than 15! A lot of 15 yr olds look like adults these days!

"If they wanted someone that looked like the old holly they would have cast the old holly!"

Holly Cunningham was previously played by Lydia Waters between 2008 and 2010.

Praising the character's reinvention, Waring insisted: "Wallis Day should be congratulated on landing the role not defending how she looks! She is stunning, great actress and a great addition!"

When a viewer pointed out that Holly had "aged a bit", the actress hit back: "Not really, the actress playing her is only 3 years older as was I when I was 18 and played Cindy at 15."

Hollyoaks star Wallis Day has promised that there is a "meaty" storyline ahead for her character Holly Cunningham.

The actress took over the role of Holly late last year and has now landed a new deal with the Channel 4 soap.

© PA Images
    Wallis Day

Day told the Daily Star Sunday: "I've signed a contract and had a meeting about everything Holly has coming up. She has got a very interesting time ahead.

"She'll be turning 16 at Christmas and her big storyline will start a few months before that. I've been sworn to secrecy but it's very meaty and will give me the chance to show a different side to Holly.

"Viewers will be shocked by what she goes through. It's going to be really tough to act out but I'm looking forward to rising to the challenge."

© Lime Pictures
    Holly with Freddie and Cindy in 'Hollyoaks'

Reports recently suggested that Day had been asked out by Union J singer JJ Hamblett at this year's British Soap Awards.

Discussing the rumours, the 18-year-old explained: "We chatted and swapped numbers. It was the first time we'd met but we have so many mutual friends, we couldn't believe our paths hadn't crossed.

"We spoke and said it would be good to all get together one night. We're in touch and I'm sure we'll bump into each other again soon. But I'm still very much single."

there is rumour chatter of her getting raped
    Last edited by lizann; 05-07-2013 at 14:25.

Hollyoaks star Wallis Day has decided to leave the show after a year in the role of Holly Cunningham.

Show bosses have now recast the role of Holly as they want the character to remain in the programme.

Actress Amanda Clapham has taken over as Holly and has already begun filming with the Channel 4 soap. Her first scenes will air in a few weeks' time.

In a statement released today (October 3), Day commented: "I want to thank Lime Pictures for giving me such an incredible opportunity. I cannot express how grateful I've been for the last 18 months - I've learned so much and I hope to work with Lime again in the future.

"Congratulations to Amanda for being cast as Holly, I'm sure she'll do an excellent job working for such a great production company full of talented people."

Hollyoaks' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "We're very sad to see Wallis go but respect her decision. I felt Holly is too good a character to lose, so we have recast the role and fans will see her later this autumn."

Meanwhile, a show spokesperson said: "A decision was made to recast the role ahead of some major storylines for the character which will take Holly in a different direction. Wallis Day has been a popular cast member and we wish her every success in her future."

Day joined the cast of Hollyoaks a year ago, when Holly returned to screens in time for her mother Cindy's wedding to Tony Hutchinson.

Since then, Holly has endured some turbulent times with Cindy (Stephanie Waring) and fallen for older guy Callum Kane (Laurie Duncan).

Day will also feature on screen in the new series of Hollyoaks Later, which goes out nightly on E4 all next week.
    Last edited by Perdita; 03-10-2013 at 14:15.

These are the first pictures showing Hollyoaks newcomer Amanda Clapham in character as Holly Cunningham.

As announced last month, Clapham has taken over the role of Holly following Wallis Day's decision to bow out from the Channel 4 soap.

Amanda Clapham as Holly Cunningham in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Amanda Clapham as Holly Cunningham

Clapham's first scenes as Holly will air in the week commencing Monday, November 18.

Episodes on screen that week will see Holly feature in a story with Ruby Button and Roscoe twins Robbie and Jason.

© Lime Pictures

Day joined the cast of Hollyoaks a year ago but decided to leave the show in order to pursue other roles.

Speaking last month, Hollyoaks' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood commented: "We're very sad to see Wallis go but respect her decision. I felt Holly is too good a character to lose, so we have recast the role and fans will see her later this autumn."

Meanwhile, a show spokesperson said: "A decision was made to recast the role ahead of some major storylines for the character which will take Holly in a different direction. Wallis Day has been a popular cast member and we wish her every success in her future."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (11-11-2013)

These are the first pictures showing Hollyoaks newcomer Amanda Clapham in character as Holly Cunningham.

As announced last month, Clapham has taken over the role of Holly following Wallis Day's decision to bow out from the Channel 4 soap.

© Lime Pictures

Clapham's first scenes as Holly will air in the week commencing Monday, November 18.

Episodes on screen that week will see Holly feature in a story with Ruby Button and Roscoe twins Robbie and Jason.

© Lime Pictures

Day joined the cast of Hollyoaks a year ago but decided to leave the show in order to pursue other roles.

Speaking last month, Hollyoaks' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood commented: "We're very sad to see Wallis go but respect her decision. I felt Holly is too good a character to lose, so we have recast the role and fans will see her later this autumn."

Thread Information