Thread: Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree - Diana Vickers

Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree - Diana Vickers

Diana Vickers has revealed the name of her debut album.

A post on the official website of the former X Factor singer confirmed that the LP will be called Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree.

The statement read: "Coming your way in 2010 and featuring Diana's hotly awaited new single 'Once', Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree has already got everyone talking!

"With a long list of fabulous co-writers and producers on the album including Cathy Dennis, Eg White, Ellie Goulding, Lightspeed Champion and Guy Sigsworth, Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree is sure to be a sparkling hit and we know you can't wait to hear it!"

Track names already confirmed for the release are 'Remake Me And You', 'The Boy Who Murdered Love', 'My Hip' and 'Put It Back Together Again'.

Lead single 'Once' is released on April 19 and Vickers will preview material from her album during her first tour in March.

Think i'll be giving this one a miss
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Diana Vickers has delayed the release of her debut album.

The X Factor star was originally due to launch Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree on April 26, but it will now arrive on shelves on May 3.

In a message on Vickers's official website, a spokesperson said: "We need one extra week to do some final tweaking to Diana's debut album, to make sure it's the best it can be for you lovely people."

Vickers has already revealed the album's tracklisting and recently announced a tour in May.

I am looking forward to hearing her, loved her on X Factor

not bad actually! never thought i'd like any of her stuff. but the thing is she's exactly the same as Ellie Goulding, is there room for both?

Diana Vickers has claimed the top spot in the UK singles chart.

The 18-year-old, who reached the semi-finals of The X Factor in 2008, knocks Usher off number one with her debut single 'Once'.

Speaking on Radio 1, the star said: "I'm just happy, but I was so nervous. I'm beaming and I'm excited, thank you all so much."

Diana Vickers has revealed that she remains confident of winning the singles chart for a second week running.

The 18-year-old, whose debut song 'Once' stormed to number one yesterday, also acknowledged Rangers FC fans who are campaigning for Tina Turner's 'The Best' to reach the top spot - after it made the top ten on Sunday.

She told the Daily Record: "Good luck to them but I am so pleased to be number one. I hadn't heard about their Facebook group. I genuinely wish them luck but hopefully I'll stay at number one. It has been overwhelming."

The star said of her victory: "Just to get into the top ten would have been amazing. The fact that I am number one is a relief as I was so nervous."

Love her

How the hell this that crap get to No. 1?

Its terrible imo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (27-04-2010)

I listened to it and "once" was enough
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (02-05-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k10 View Post
    I listened to it and "once" was enough
    LOL! Same here.. Still can't stand her!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to .:SpIcYsPy:. For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (05-05-2010)

Diana Vickers is on course for number one with her debut album Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree this Sunday.

The singer, whose track 'Once' topped the singles chart two weeks ago, is currently leading the way ahead of Plan B's The Defamation Of Strickland Banks, the Official Charts Company reports.

Elsewhere on the album chart, Lady Antebellum's LP Need You Now and Diamond Eyes by the Deftones are holding positions 12 and 14 respectively.

On the singles chart, Roll Deep's 'Good Times' and Usher's 'OMG' are still battling it out for the top spot, with Roll Deep just 1,000 sales ahead.

Pendulum are on course for a top five position, with their new single 'Watercolour' currently at number four.

All their final chart position will be announced this Sunday.

Thread Information