Thread: 'Emmerdale' star hit by car in London

'Emmerdale' star hit by car in London

James Thornton was being treated in hospital last night after being hit by a car.

The Emmerdale star was treated for injuries to his legs and knees, as well as shock, following the incident, which took place in front of his wife Joanna Page.

Thornton, who plays farmer John Barton on the soap, said that he was lucky to be alive.

An Emmerdale source told the Daily Star the entire cast was shocked. "He was having a few days off in London with Jo and they’d been out for dinner when he was hit by the car. Joanna was in a right state and James was in absolute agony.

"He knows he was lucky. We have no idea when he’s going to be back."

The incident has led to show bosses being forced to rewrite a number of scenes incolving Thornton's character.

Hope he recovers fully

EMMERDALE bosses found an a-MOO-sing way to explain actor James Thornton's crutches - saying his character John Barton had been kicked by a cow!
    James, 34, was hit by a car last month while with his wife, Gavin and Stacey star Joanna Page.

A show source said: "John is a farmer so it's possible a cow would kick him."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0hwHNnUgp

Glad he is able to carry on filming

Emmerdale star James Thornton has admitted that he feels "so lucky" after escaping serious injury in his recent road accident.

The actor, who plays farmer John Barton on ITV's rural soap, was hit by a car in London three months ago. Following the incident, he received treatment on a fractured knee and for shock.

Speaking to PA about the accident, Thornton revealed: "I spent my first two weeks being elated I was all right. It makes you realise how quickly stuff can change.

"It made me think 'all the stuff you want to do, just get on with it'. You don't know when anything can happen - it makes you realise how valuable your legs are for a start! You take them for granted."

The 34-year-old added that he had feared he would no longer be able to go running after the collision. However, doctors have since told him that he can take up his hobby again in eight weeks' time.

He commented: "I've been so lucky to come out of it like this."

Thread Information