Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2010

Well by boys will be most peeved about this, they only watched it for Lilia and for what she almost wears.

Bruce Forsyth has not yet signed up for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing, according to a report.

The show's host has been offered a £660,000 deal to return to the programme following a meeting with the BBC in April, the Daily Mail claims.

However, it is thought that the 82-year-old has still not decided his future and has a month to inform bosses about his intentions.

A source said: "It's up to Bruce as to whether he feels up to it. It is a long haul and gruelling for him."

Forsyth refused to be drawn on his Strictly plans in an interview last month, insisting that they were "strictly confidential".

His co-presenter Tess Daly confirmed her involvement in the forthcoming run some time ago, telling a newspaper that she was "staying put".

The lineup changes for the 2010 series of Strictly Come Dancing have divided opinion on the DS forums.

It was confirmed yesterday that three new male dancers - Artem Chigvintsev, Jared Murillo and Robin Windsor - will be joining the professionals on the ballroom dance contest.

Former stars Darren Bennett, Lilia Kopylova, Ian Waite and Matthew Cutler have had their roles reduced on the show. They will now perform in a dance troupe, but will not take part in the main competition. US dancer Brian Fortuna announced last night that he is quitting the programme after he was initially confirmed as part of the new dance group.

Fans of Fortuna, Bennett, Kopylova, Waite and Cutler have protested at the move. "I think Strictly has just signed its own death warrant and lost the battle with X Factor, not to mention the plot," said forum member SilverBird. "Ian Waite is one of the best all-rounders and teachers."

Lavitaebella commented: "I think the BBC underestimates the loyalties of us, the longtime SCD fans. And I think they may regret it in the long run."

Forum member Boddism criticised the BBC's selection of pros who will have a reduced role in the new run. "What irks me is keeping [Anton] Du Beke and to a lesser extent Brendan [Cole]," he said. "Du Beke especially is a weak dancer. [He is] most likely going to get an oldie and will be the most unable to cope with new dancing styles."

Matthew Cutler fan Bendymizer said: "[Matthew should] tell the BBC where to stick the show because that lineup with those terrible pros is never going to be a success."

However, there have been voices of support for the revamp, with Lucy Mane writing: "I think it is a great move. The show needed a boost of new dancers. The show looked tired and old last year.

"The older audience will not like the changes I guess. Newer and fresher dances this year. I think it will be more like Dancing With The Stars. Which is all good in my opinion. More eye candy. The producers want the show to be more hip and young."

Strictly returns to BBC One in the autumn.

Why can't they have the new dancers doing the professional routines and leave Darren, Lila, Ian and Matthew with the professional partners. most viewers watch SCD for the professionals as much as the celebs. The beeb are making a huge mistake with these decisions,

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

If they make SCD like Dancing With The Stars, then I won't be watching it- and I've been watching Strictly every year.
    I will miss the professional dancers, like Ian Waite, Darren and Lilia, etc. because for me, they make the show what it is. And also, I don't like Alesha Dixon on the judging panel. And IMO it is not fair to have Nicole S on SCD, it would be such a disadvantage for the other dancers. I like Bruce Forsyth presenting it, but he is getting old. Whoever takes over his role should have good chemistry with Tess, and not rubbish at the role like Ronnie Corbett was. If I remember correctly, I thought that last years amount of couples was far too many, and they made the programme far too long.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

In my opinion, the bbc havent listened to the public. Thousands of fans went to see the professional show and they are getting rid of three of the dancers. I only watched it for brian and matt, so in that thought, no point in watching it. ON many websites its been people say that they are fans, well if your not watching it this year then your obviously not. What they dont think about is the fact that most scd fans have watched it from the start and dont like the new change. I hated alesha last year, and this year they have made this decision. THINK ABOUT THIS BBC, LISTEN TO THE FANS AND NOT THE RATINGS,, WHICH ARE MORE IMPORTANT.

I agree, Darren and lila were my favs as well!

I admit when SCD first started I watched it for the celebs above the professionals, but over the last two, three years I tune in for the professionals. I love watching them and I've grown to admire Iain and James as the series go on. Bringing in new dancers if a great idea but they should start of doing the group routine first and not replace our favourite dancers.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

THE number of Strictly Come Dancing contestants will be cut from 16 to 14 this year - after bosses agreed that last year's series was too long.
    It will last just 12 weeks, down from 14 last year, to hold viewers' interest.

But incredibly no one has yet signed up for the show, despite giving assurances that they will appear.

The judges, host Bruce Forsyth and the professional dancers who were not given the push in last month's cull have still not had contracts.

They fear their wages will be slashed in light of the reduced run.

Last year Brucie pocketed £500,000, the judges got £90,000 and the pro dancers around £30,000 each.

The BBC's plans for a professional troupe consisting of dancers axed from the main contest has also hit a stumbling block.

Ian Waite, Matthew Cutler, Lilia Kopylova and Darren Bennett have all been invited to take part in the downgraded group but have so far refused to sign up.

Brian Fortuna was also offered a role in the troupe but pulled out and blasted the BBC for axing him as one of the professional partners.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0sy6iHwTY

Thread Information