Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2010

BEEB bosses believe they've found the PURRFECT way to save Strictly Come Dancing ... by signing up Lewis Hamilton's Pussycat Doll girlfriend.

They want Nicole Scherzinger - star of the American version of Strictly - to help sex up the next series after losing their ratings lead over rival X Factor.

Show bosses have offered her six figures - breaking the normal £50,000 fee paid to celeb dancers - to clinch the deal. And they hope she'll also be tempted by the chance to spend more time in her Formula 1 boyfriend's home country.

The 31-year-old Hawaiian became the BBC's top target after her success on Dancing with the Stars, where she wowed US audiences and made the final.

A show insider told us: "Nicole is everything we want for the new Strictly. She's a huge international star, incredibly sexy and has a fascinating private life. We're going all out to get her with a really big pay cheque, much more than we've offered celebs for the last two years.

"We hope Lewis is going to encourage her to do it because it means she'll get to spend a number of weeks close to his family here." Dancing with the Stars judge Bruno Tonioli described Nicole as a "divine enchantress" because of her superior tango.

The Beeb is ramping up its bid for more big name stars when Strictly begins in September.

Producers want fellow American Pamela Anderson to line up next to Nicole. They're also keen on ex-footballer Gary Lineker and wife Danielle Bux, Girls Aloud star Kimberley Walsh and Holby City actress Patsy Kensit.

The A-list line-up is part of a string of changes being made to Strictly this year. It will be cut down to a 12-week run with more shows being broadcast from Blackpool's Tower Ballroom.

Some of the show's veteran professional dancers - expected to include the controversial Anton du Beke - will be axed in favour of younger US dancers like Cheryl Cole's pal Derek Hough, who is partnering Nicole in America.

Our source told us: "Everyone at the BBC is aware how crucial it is to salvage Strictly's ratings this year." Last year it attracted four million viewers fewer than the X Factor on some nights.

NOTW

this is ridiculous, how can someone who has already been on the show go on it again in a different country?!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

It's outragous that she should be alowed to take part when she's been on the American version. She will have an unfair advantage over the others as she would have already know all the dance steps. Is she getting to partner the same professional as well?

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Strictly Come Dancing pros Darren Bennett and Lillia Kopylova have claimed that James Corden and Kylie Minogue would be their ideal dancing partners on the show.

The duo, who have been part of the BBC One ballroom contest since 2004, also admitted that they were still in the dark as to whether they would be involved in series eight later this year.

"No-one knows. We don't know who the celebs will be, who the professionals are, the format or timing of the show. We normally find out in June," they said.

When asked for his dream celebrity partner on the show, Bennett said: "Kylie Minogue! And it's not just because she can really move... it's a height thing, she's short, I'm short. But seriously, somebody who really wants to be there and wants to learn... it's very important that your partner is willing to put that time and energy into dancing."

Kopylova answered: "Someone with personality as you spend all day everyday with someone you've never met before, so it's nice to have a personality - someone like James Corden would be great - and he seems a good mover too."

Kopylova and Bennett launch their 'Latin Fever' tour at Brighton Dome on Saturday, June 5. Tickets are on sale now.

Bruce Forsyth has refused to be drawn on whether he will return to Strictly Come Dancing this year.

The 82-year-old has fronted every series of the BBC ballroom show, but there has been no official word over his involvement in this year's run.

Speaking to the Sunday Express, Forsyth declined to clear up the uncertainty, commenting: "I am not going to confirm whether I am going back to Strictly or not - that information is strictly confidential."

Forsyth had previously confessed that he was undecided over whether to host this year's show.

Meanwhile, in April, his agent Jan Kennedy said that the presenter was waiting to hear about planned changes to the programme before making up his mind.

Forsyth's co-host Tess Daly has already pledged her future to Strictly.

As much as Brucie drives me mad, it just wouldn't be the same without him.

It wouldnt would it.

I know the Nicole whatsherface thing was a bit further up but me n my sister were talking about this as not only would it be unfair that shes already done the US one but shes also a backing dancer i though before she was in the pussycat dolls so surely thats an unfair advantage as well.

Alisha Dixon Confirms Strictly Return

Alisha Dixon has confirmed that she will return to her judging job on Strictly Come Dancing.

Dixon had previously told reporters that she wanted to focus on her singing career.

Ending months of speculation, Dixon told a tabloid newspaper that she almost quit the BBC ballroom contest over the ageism row that followed her replacement of Arlene Phillips last year.

The 31-year-old told said that she was determined to weather the storm and make her mark on the panel.

She told the newspaper "There were split seconds where I thought I wouldn't go back but I don't believe in giving up, that's not in my personality or character.

"If I set myself a challenge I like to complete it. I wouldn't have taken the job if I didn't feel I could."

She added: "I rode the storm and everyone on set made me feel so welcome because I knew them from competing.

"When I was a contestant it was ten hours a day, every day for four months.

"As judge I sat there and got to watch some great dancing. The pressure of having to dance live was tough."

Brian Fortuna has quit Strictly Come Dancing due to changes in the show's format.

The dancer was dropped from the celebrity competition in the upcoming series but had been announced as one of the professionals taking part in a new 'dance group' segment.

Instead, he will focus on the stage show Burn The Floor, which he stars in with girlfriend and former Strictly partner, Ali Bastian.

Fortuna said: "I really enjoyed working on Strictly over the years - loved the fans and loved all the people I got work with - but there are changes planned for the next season so I've decided not to return to the show.

"Both Ali and I are looking forward to seeing all our fans at the Shaftesbury Theatre."

Other professional dancers from the last series who will no longer be involved as partners to the celebrities are Darren Bennett, Lilia Kopylova, Ian Waite and Matthew Cutler.

Fortuna won the 2009 Christmas special of Strictly with Bastian.

STRICTLY Come Dancing babe Lilia Kopylova has been told to Foxtrot Oscar as part of a clearout of professional dance partners on the hit BBC show.

And in a double-blow Darren Bennett, the hubby of Lilia, has also been told that he won't be dancing with the celebs this year.

Other casualties include Brian Fortuna, Ian Waite and Matthew Cutler.

To soften the blow, the Beeb has "offered" them all roles in a new professional dance troupe on the show, which will "perform routines on a scale never before seen on Strictly".

But last night none of them had agreed to the lesser roles.

Meanwhile, three new male dancers are being drafted in - Artem Chigvintsev and Jared Murillo from the US and Robin Windsor from the UK.

Jared was one of the dancers in hit movie High School Musical and Artem worked on So You Think Can Dance in the States.

Cheryl Cole's pal and Dancing With The Stars pro Derek Hough will also appear on the show doing a solo dance.

This year's series will feature 14 couples, with Beeb bosses promising big names.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0qMnSFcd3

Thread Information