Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2010

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    X Factor will always win
    Never Strictly will win hands down.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    i'm sorry but this is 2010, do they think no one owns a video, sky+, ITV +1, iPlayer, DVD or hardrive recorder or watches any of the million repeats ITV likes to show?
    Exactly the viewers are not going to miss out with ITV2 and Iplayer.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

STRICTLY bosses want race row dancer Anton Du Beke to go, go, quick, quick GO in a major shake-up of the hit show.

Producers are keen to freshen up the series with talented young dancers from the American version of the show - like Cheryl Cole's close friend Derek Hough.

A senior BBC insider said they would prefer Anton - who controversially called his celebrity partner a "Paki" last year - to quit the show.

"Our preference is that Anton decides he's had a few good years on Strictly and wants to try something new," said our source.

"We'd rather not get into another messy situation like we did with Arlene. But if he makes it clear he wants to come back then we'll have to have some tough conversations.

"All the old guard of professional dancers need to be aware this show is changing for the better."

Other dancers being targeted are husband-and-wife team DARREN BENNETT and LILIA KOPYLOVA.

And ERIN BOAG - who like Du Beke has been in Strictly since it started in 2004 - is unlikely to be asked back.

Last night our insider revealed: "The producers are in the middle of a complete overhaul of the show.

"There's a lot of pressure for it to be completely relaunched. We lost the battle with The X Factor last year. That means changes have to be made and some very popular personalities from the show will go."

The BBC is currently looking for 10 new dancers to join the new series, which begins in the autumn.

And this year the number of celebrities is expected to be slashed by four - from 16 to 12.

That means if 10 new dancers are hired, only two professionals from the current crop would survive.

Old favourite IAN WAITE is also at risk. And low-profile newcomers like NATALIE LOWE, KATYA VIRSHILAS and ALIONA VILANI might also go.

But Kiwi lothario BRENDAN COLE is expected to be offered a new contract. And bosses are also keen to hold on to Alesha Dixon's winning partner MATTHEW CUTLER, former boyfriend and girlfriend FLAVIA CACACE and VINCENT SIMONE, and husband and wife duo JAMES and OLA JORDAN.

She won last year's series with sports' presenter Chris Hollins.

BRIAN FORTUNA and KRISTINA RIHANOFF, who is dating her 2009 celeb partner Joe Calzaghe, are popular among bigwigs too.

Dancers are only ever hired for one season and usually don't find out if they are coming back until just before each series starts. Our source said: "None of them has heard anything from the BBC yet.

"It's very worrying for them because Strictly creates a lot of financial opportunities for them that will disappear."

There is also uncertainty about whether judge Alesha Dixon, who replaced Arlene Phillips last year, will return.

And last month it was revealed that host Bruce Forsyth, 82, hasn't signed his 2010 contract yet.

He is waiting to see what changes will be made before he commits.

But tough decisions are expected following the hiring of new executive producer Moira Ross.

Our source said: "Some viewers are going to be disappointed if their favourite dancer goes but this is a crucial way for us to spice up the show."

Anton, 43, has seen his career go into freefall after the News of the World told last October how he'd blurted out a racist term to his celeb dance partner, Laila Rouass. The mixed-race actress, 38, had just had a spray tan when Du Beke told her: "Oh my God, you look like a Paki."

The outburst was heard by 15 others, including fellow pro dancer Brendan Cole.

Du Beke was forced to make a grovelling apology, saying: "There was no racist intent whatsoever but I accept it is a term which causes offence and I regret my use of it."

He is desperate to return to Strictly and has assured bosses his behaviour will change.

A source said: "Anton deeply regrets his past actions and will do whatever possible to regain trust.

"He hasn't heard anything official yet from the BBC, which is really worrying him."
    But they're all baying for Pamela

FORMER Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson is set to salsa-tionally sex up Strictly as a contestant this year.

Celeb XS Uncut featuring Pamela Anderson, LiLo, Russell Brand and Cameron Diaz

The big-boobed blonde has been a huge hit on the US version of the show - and BBC bosses hope she'll inflate viewing figures here too.

And Pammie, 42, is also keen on the move so she can clear her tax debts and give her two sons a British experience.

A BBC source told us: "Pamela is a great signing for America's Dancing With The Stars.

"The fans love her because she is such an entertainer. She exudes flair and sex appeal.

"And the judges love her because she's such a fabulous mover.

"We're sounding her out and she's very open."

Pammie, who did the splits perfectly on Monday night's show, was recently hit with a tax bill for nearly half-a-million dollars.

As well as a lucrative stint on Strictly she is also looking to appear in another British pantomime.

Last winter she starred as the genie of the lamp in Aladdin at London's New Wimbledon Theatre.

According to reports she is looking to rent a luxury base in the capital's posh South Kensington area for herself and sons Brandon, 13, and Dylan, 11, later this year.

The Sun

As much as Brucie gets on my nerves, I don't think it would be Strictly with out him.

there was a big hoo-ha about this on twitter over the weekend and there's now a Save The Strictly Pros facebook group if anyone would like to join http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...8458901&ref=mf
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

CHERYL Cole's friend Derek Hough is joining Strictly Come Dancing this autumn so they can spend even more time together.

The professional dancer is currently appearing on Dancing With The Stars in America, alongside Pussycat Dolls sexpot Nicole Scherzinger.

Steamy ... Cheryl and Derek get up close and personal
    Steamy ... Cheryl and Derek get up close and personal
    REX

But a source told TV Biz: "He has been asked to join Strictly and he's incredibly keen to do so.

"It means missing the next season of the US show but it would give him more time with Cheryl."

Since X Factor judge Cheryl, 26, split with love rat footballer husband Ashley, she has been photographed enjoying the company of hunk Derek.

He also appeared in her Parachutes video and danced with her on her Cheryl Cole's Night In TV special last year.

Advertisement
    Quantcast

Although 24-year-old Derek's move to the British show might add a new dimension to his friendship with Cheryl - it would put the pair head-to-head in the ratings war.

The source said: "Derek thinks it will be fun to take Cheryl on. She's won with The X Factor two years running, now he wants to win."

Bosses at Strictly are looking to shake up the male dancers.

Anton Du Beke - real name Tony Beak - looks certain to get the bullet for sparking a race row that embarrassed bosses last year after calling partner Laila Rouass a "P***".

Other names tipped to be weeded out include Darren Bennett, Lilia Kopylova and Anton's professional partner Erin Boag.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0lf8QKdyi

Cheryl Cole's friend Derek Hough is set to join Strictly Come Dancing this year as one of the professional dancers.

The gorgeous 24-year-old, who was Cheryl's shoulder to cry on after she split with Ashley, is currently appearing on the US version of the show Dancing With The Stars and is said to be 'incredibly keen' to join the hit BBC show.

A source told The Sun, 'It means missing the next season of the US show, but it would give him more time with Cheryl.'

Christine Bleakley is apparently being lined up to replace Tess Daly as host on BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing.

The move would come under a major revamp of the show, while also forming part of a deal designed to stop Bleakley from leaving the channel, after her One Show co-presenter Adrian Chiles defected to ITV.

Daly, 41, has presented with Bruce Forsyth since Strictly's launch six years ago.

A BBC source said: "Big changes are afoot. Tess and Bruce are at the heart of the Strictly family and are dearly loved by fans and staff alike. But they've fronted the show for over half a decade now and no one can go on forever. So plans are being drawn up for when that day comes."

According to the Sunday Mirror, Daly's contract runs out after the next series in December, when co-host Bruce Forysth is also widely expected to stand down.

Strictly Come Dancing host Tess Daly has rubbished claims that she is to leave the programme.

Last week, it was reported that Daly's role on the ballroom contest would be taken over by The One Show's Christine Bleakley after her current contract expires in 2011.

However, speaking to The Mirror, Daly insisted: "I'm not leaving Strictly. I love it too much. And I'm just glad so many people enjoy the show."

She added: "There's no truth in the rumours. I'm staying put."

A spokesperson for Bleakley also recently denied the speculation, confirming that no approach had been made for the 31-year-old to join Strictly.

Strictly Come Dancing will return to screens in the autumn.

Kinda on topic.. my dance teacher has been asked to audition for the Czech version of this show. So happy for her, she will be one of the professional dancers if she gets the part and has to train a celeb.. Will miss her as my dance teacher but it is good for her career
    Super Mod

Thread Information