Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2010

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    i've won tickets for next saturday's show (23rd) and i really hope I get a bigger name than Peter Andre! holding out for Beyonce...
    Congrats and hope you have a great time

Well done Voodoo. make a banner or somthing and we'll look out for you. Give Bruno a kiss for me.

Widdecombe 'won't quit after brother death'

Ann Widdecombe has reportedly vowed to stay on Strictly Come Dancing despite the death of her brother.

*Malcolm Widdecombe passed away on Tuesday after a long battle with cancer. He was in his early 70s.

The former vicar apparently managed to watch Ann's salsa on Saturday's show from hospital but lost consciousness later that night.

Despite her loss, Ann is believed to be determined to carry on in the BBC competition, insisting that it is what he would have wanted her to do.

A Strictly source told the Daily Mail: "Ann is being a stoic. The producers told her that, of course, she should miss this week's show. But one of *Malcolm's last acts of consciousness was to turn to the TV screen and laugh fondly at Ann.

"He loved her performance the week before. His wife Meryl and his children very much want Ann to continue to do the show."

Another insider told The Sun: "This is a deeply emotional time for her. She loved her brother and they were very proud of each other. Her fans will be amazed to discover the turmoil she's been hiding.

"No-one would blame Ann if she quit now. But Ann simply isn't a quitter and her dancing brought Malcolm so much joy she's just determined to carry on."

Malcolm retired last year after 47 years at the helm of an evangelical church in Bristol. His funeral is due to be held next week and will be conducted by his son Roger, who is also a vicar.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

TINA O'Brien has been forced to pull out of performing on this weekend's Strictly Come Dancing after coming down with chicken pox.

She was due to be dancing the rumba on Saturday with American partner Jared Murillo, who is devastated at the news because seven members of his family were flying over from Utah to see them perform.
    The former Corrie star's doctor said she can't perform this week so in accordance with the show's rules she'll go straight through to next week's show.
    But if she's still unable to dance next week she will have to leave the competition.
    Tina, 27, exclaimed: "I am devastated. I was so looking forward to this week's show. Jared and I have spent so much time and effort on a really fantastic routine and I just couldn't wait to perform it on Saturday.
    "Hopefully I will bounce back quickly and be on top dancing form soon, ready to come back straight into the next routine. I will be watching them all this weekend."

source: The Sun Online 14/10/10

Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Well Done LostVoodoo, hope you have a great time how did you win the tickets?

I feel sad for Ann's loss. I don't think she'll win Strictly, but she'll be doing it for her brother now.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

thanks guys, i just won the tickets via the normal ballot on the BBC website. should make for a good blog post!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

LIMLINE Fern Britton will flaunt her new look on the dance floor in the Strictly Christmas special.
    Fern, who has shed SIX STONE since having a gastric band fitted in 2006, has just signed up to do the show.
    And the 53-year-old - who dazzled with a Singin' In The Rain routine on Let's Dance for Comic Relief in 2009 - can't wait.

A BBC insider said: "Fern's really excited about taking part and is watching the current series for inspiration. She says she'll be nervous when it comes to facing the judges.
    "The Strictly bosses are really happy she's signed up, too. They know viewers want to see what she'll look like in the typical Strictly frocks now she's lost all that weight.
    "There's no way of knowing yet if she'll be up to scratch in the Latin and ballroom numbers - but she did very well in Let's Dance!"
    Former ITV This Morning host Fern initially kept her gastric band secret and faced a backlash in 2008 when she admitted it was behind her weight loss.
    She denied misleading fans and said she'd also eaten less and exercised more after the op, since which she's dropped from a size 22 to a 14.
    She will be joined by five other celebs for the one-off show, which is expected to air on Christmas Day.
    Ali Bastian won last year.
    But this year, for the first time, the contestants won't have taken part in Strictly before.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz12V4cnXmw

STRICTLY Come Dancing heartthrob Brendan Cole has been forced to take time off from the show after his beloved dad died.
    The Kiwi dancer fled to his native New Zealand last after hearing 69 year-old Eddie Cole - originally from Glasgow - had lost his long battle with cancer.
    But incredibly, brave Brendan hid his anguish on Saturday night's show despite having been told of his dad's death just the day before.
    The star was told by Beeb chiefs he could skip the show and his dance partner Michelle Williams could be given a bye.
    But a source said: "Brendan was heartbroken but he's a professional and he couldn't let the BBC or Michelle down.
    "He kept it to himself and just got on with putting in a performance.
    "His dad would have wanted him to do it and he probably couldn't have gotten a flight back to New Zealand that quickly anyway.
    "Obviously Eddie's death was very much on his mind on Saturday's show but he was cheered by the fact he had his ticket booked and would be seeing his family really soon."
    Brendan has feared the worst for some time as his dad has battled cancer for over a decade.
    A lifelong drinker and smoker, three years ago he spent five weeks in intensive care after his lungs and kidneys failed.
    Brendan said at the time: "To see Dad fighting for his life was terrible - he's my friend as well as my dad.'
    He flew home with brother Scott and wife Zoe Hobbs and will be in Christchurch, New Zealand for at least a week arranging the funeral.
    In the meantime, Destiny's Child star Michelle will dance practice with Ian Waite and perform one dance with him next weekend.
    A BBC spokeswoman said: "Our thoughts are with Brendan and his family''.
    Brendan's dad dying is the second tragedy in a week to have hit the BBC1 dance fest.
    Ann Widdecombe's 73 year-old brother Malcolm Widdecombe passed away from cancer last Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz12d3EvMmS

Poor Brendan. He was very quiet last night when the judges gave their comments on Michelle's dancing.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Poor Bredan, hope he comes back soon but I don't think Michelle will last long! Well done Lost Voodoo, give us all a big wave.

I havent got into this season at all

Thread Information