Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2010

STRICTLY Come Dancing beauty Kara Tointon has revealed she felt SUICIDAL after quitting EastEnders and failing to land a new role.
    Kara, 27, who played Dawn Swann for four years, seriously thought about taking her own life as she waited for months for the phone to ring.

And when she continued to fail auditions, the dyslexic actress wanted to end it all.

She said: "I'll be honest, I've felt suicidal. I know that sounds dramatic but it's really tough out there. You're used to being busy and then, all of a sudden, you're not. It's the worst thing ever."

Kara, eventually took the chance to compete in the popular BBC dancing contest - and topped the leader board on Saturday night's show with professional dance partner Artem Chigvintsev, above.

She blames reality TV for her career slump. She said: "Acting-wise it's been on its knees. It's a disaster out there.

"I've thought about giving up acting for good. Many times.

"During the down times, you're just waiting for the phone to ring, it's awful."

Scott Maslen has revealed that he plans to wear a pair of Speedos to win extra votes on Strictly Come Dancing.

The EastEnders actor, who was named 'Sexiest Male' at the Inside Soap Awards last week, told Closer magazine that he hopes to make fans go "weak at the knees".

"I've got a little Speedo number on the show," he said. "I'm sure it's going to make my female fans weak at the knees."

He continued: "I won't wax, but I will trim - I have to tame the beast!"

The 39-year-old and partner Natalie Lowe scored 29 points for their "raunchy" first dance on the BBC show last weekend.

Speedos should NEVER be worn by a man over 21!!!!

Surprised that he does not want to wear those new pants sold by Marks & Spencer that lift the bottom and enhance the front part, that would probably make some men go weak at the knees too

Patsy Kensit has admitted that she doesn't expect to survive the first eviction on this weekend's Strictly Come Dancing.

Kensit and her pro partner Robin Windsor only scored 22 points for their waltz last Friday, finishing near the bottom of the leaderboard.

The Holby City star revealed on This Morning that her busy filming schedule meant that she currently had no idea what she would be performing at the weekend.

"My schedule is impossible at the moment [because of Holby], last week I had no training time whatsoever before the first live show - I'd had ten days prior to that," she said. "And then this week we haven't trained at all. I don't even know that we have a routine for Saturday!

"I knew that the first two weeks were going to be impossible, but I was up for the challenge and I spoke to my kids about it because obviously it affects home life as I'd be working 18 hour days and the boys said 'If you want to do it, great'… but it has been harder than I thought, and If I get through this weekend then that would be great but I think I'll be going home."

Speaking about her lack of confidence at the moment and the breakdown of her latest marriage, she added: "I've had a bit of a crummy year, but we all have tough times and I don't want to over egg the soufflé as it were, but I did have to pick myself up from something and get on with it, and show my kids that life isn't perfect.

"I don't want anyone to feel any form of sympathy for me whatsoever, but of course I didn't think I'd be sitting here having this conversation, it was something I didn't think would happen. But you know, [ex-husband] Jeremy is a great guy and honestly I wish him the best and I just have to focus on my kids."

Strictly continues on Saturday at 5.45pm on BBC One.

Was a bit surprised by how big she looked on strictly, she seems much slimmer on Holby.

So Anne and Paul to be in the finals.

Goldie should not have been voted out. It is stupendous.

I think Kara has a lovely personality. She is so genuine. I love her for it.

Goldie has become the first celebrity to be eliminated from the eighth series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The music producer and professional partner Kristina Rihanoff were sent out after coming bottom of the leaderboard once the judges' and audience votes for their cha-cha-cha and foxtrot performances were combined.

As there is no dance-off this year, host Tess Daly announced the first four pairings to have been saved, before revealing that Peter Shilton and Erin Boag were in the bottom two. She later returned to grant everyone but Goldie and Rihanoff a spot in next week's show.

The partnership received a standing ovation after being sent out of the show, and both Daly and co-host Claudia Winkleman claimed to be "shocked" by the result.

After hearing the result, Goldie said: "It's alright, it's alright ain't it? I had a great time, I got super fit which is good, so I'll keep that up."

When asked about his dance partner Rihanoff, he added: "I think she's fantastic and she's really really wonderful, [a] great teacher. I wish I could have been better."

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday at 6pm on BBC One.

Peter Andre will perform his new single 'Defender' on this weekend's Strictly Come Dancing.

The pop singer is the latest big name act secured for the BBC One programme following the performance of Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow in the series opener earlier this month.

Speaking about his reasons for playing the reality show, Andre said: "I am so honoured to be performing on Strictly Come Dancing, I love the show so much.

"It seems an ideal show for the first performance of my new single ‘Defender’, especially as the video is based around a very complex and testing dance routine. It'll be great to premiere it in front of some professional dancers!"

Strictly continues on Saturday at 6pm on Saturday, followed by the results show at 7pm on Sunday.

i've won tickets for next saturday's show (23rd) and i really hope I get a bigger name than Peter Andre! holding out for Beyonce...
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information