Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2010

Talking Strictly Come Dancing 2010

Strictly Come Dancing producers allegedly want Arlene Phillips to return to the judging panel.

Phillips was replaced by singer Alesha Dixon for the last series of the show.

The News of the World has now claimed that Phillips is being lined up to return if Dixon decides not to stay on the panel.

"Last year she said she'd never go back," a source said. "But she's been on the Strictly tour with Len [Goodman], Bruno [Tonioli] and Craig [Revel Horwood] and remembered how much fun they have.

"She's concentrating on her new show So You Think You Can Dance but her position on Strictly is never say never. She's made sure she has time in her schedule."

The insider added that the show's producers "have nothing against Alesha" but continued: "If she doesn't return they'd very much like Arlene to be back in the chair she rightly deserves. They admit the show lost something without her."

However, a BBC spokesperson said: "This is all speculation. It is far too early to say anything about the new series."

DS

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-02-2010), Dutchgirl (05-08-2010)

I would love to have her back

Why the back track by the beeb. Alrene will still be too old that's why they replaced her in the first place.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Is there no SCD for 2010 Perdy

Ooops, thought we have had it already, course, it was 2009. I shall try to edit sorry

Thank you to the Mod who changed it year

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (16-02-2010)

Singer Alesha Dixon has ended speculation by revealing that she will be returning as a judge on the BBC's 'Strictly Come Dancing' when it returns in September.

Dixon controversially replaced former judge Arlene Phillip last year which gave rise to a row about possible ageism in the BBC.

After last year's run she said she was planning to focus on her music career in the coming months and there had been speculation about her not returning. She has now confirmed to The People that she will.

She explained "The BBC said that they would like me to stay on, so I said yes" and added "I'm very much looking forward to it." She continued: "This time my comments will be a lot more controversial."

A BBC spokesperson said: "Alesha did a great job. We're thrilled she will be back."

IT'S The X Factor versus Strictly Round Two - as spoilsport Beeb chiefs AGAIN put their ballroom series in the same time slot as ITV1's hit.

Last year viewers hit the roof when BBC1 moved the dance extravaganza from its long-time early evening spot to make it clash with Simon Cowell's later talent show.

The tactics backfired, with the Beeb losing the Saturday night ratings clash by MILLIONS as X Factor stars like Cheryl Cole and Joe McElderry proved more popular.

But this autumn BBC1 will make viewers choose between their favourite shows yet again as it pumps extra cash into the celebrity dancing line-up to boost ratings.

A BBC insider said: "ITV expect us to back off this year but that's not going to happen. We aren't just going to roll over and do want they want us to. We have been running Strictly on Saturday for as long as The X Factor."

Viewers were so upset last year that BBC Trust chiefs summoned director general Mark Thompson to explain the clash. Even The X Factor boss Simon, 50, wrote in The Sun: "It's crazy."

But the Beeb is confident all it needs to wipe out The X Factor this time is to get bigger celebrities than last year's crop who included Hollyoaks star Ricky Whittle and Beeb presenter Chris Hollins.

A source said: "It's no secret that last year's line-up was a bit low rent."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0iuob00Z1

X Factor will always win

i'm sorry but this is 2010, do they think no one owns a video, sky+, ITV +1, iPlayer, DVD or hardrive recorder or watches any of the million repeats ITV likes to show?
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information