Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Tuareet View Post
    Did anybody see It Takes Two last night? James and Artem did the Rumba together and it was absolutely hilarious.
    no but now Im going iplayer it sounds good!

It was at the end of the programme and well worth watching.

aw sounds good, its only now and then I watch It takes two

Kara Tointon and her dance partner Artem Chigvintsev have been voted the winners of Strictly Come Dancing.

The pair beat Matt Baker and Aliona Vilani into second place, and had also received more points from the judges throughout the final.

Tointon burst into tears when the result was announced before hugging Chigvintsev.

Runner-up Baker congratulated the actress, saying: "It has been great. They are worthy winners without any doubt. If I was at home I'd be voting for them too."

A beaming Tointon said of the result: "It's just the most special thing I've ever achieved, thank you to this man [Chigvintsev]."

She added: "I've made the most fantastic friends for life. It's been the most special experience of my life."

Chigvintsev - who had also broken into tears - said simply: "She's amazing."

The pair then lifted the Glitterball Trophy as they were crowned winners of the series, and were joined by the other dance partners in celebration.

i thought that they did desreve to win, i loved Pamelas Showdance! very very traditional!

Yes!! I've wanted Kara to win for a while. She is so good to watch dancing. And Craig said he'd kill to dance like her Congratulations Kara & Artem
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Kara Tointon wants a Strictly Come Dancing rulebook introduced to prevent confusion about the dances.

The former EastEnders actress, 27, and dance partner Artem Chigvintsev were marked down by Len Goodman for the way they interpreted the American Smooth on their way to winning this year's final.

She told BBC Breakfast: "I think there should be a Strictly rule book. Artem is an amazing choreographer. He thought American Smooth is sort of freestyle but who knows? There should be a book."

Kara said the chemistry had been there between her and her Russian dance partner, who shared a public kiss after their win, from the beginning.

She said: "We've got on like a house on fire all the way through, which is quite a big achievement in itself because it's intense and you do have low moments.

"Now we're out of the studio it will be nice to do some normal things like go to the cinema and the shops."

Kara said she will miss "being dressed up like a princess" now the show has finished, adding: "When it came to the public vote we never thought in a million years (that we'd win) against Pamela (Stephenson) who's a complete inspiration, a bit of a machine. She blows me away.

"Matt (Baker) has been incredible from the word go. It's a bit of a dream really and we're very proud."

Kara, who was rushed to A&E after tearing ligaments in her lower arm, said of the injury: "I tried something a little bit silly on Saturday. It was a shame because the last two dances were a bit of a disaster but we made it through and to win it was just insane."

source: msn
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Ex-Strictly Come Dancing contestant Ann Widdecombe will make her pantomime debut this Christmas.

The former Conservative MP has been cast in a production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Orchard Theatre in Dartford, Kent.

She will play a lady-in-waiting, joining Strictly judge Craig Revel Horwood in the role of the Wicked Queen.

Widdecombe said: "I can hardly believe all the wonderful opportunities which have opened up through Strictly Come Dancing.

"Craig and I have had enormous fun on the tour of the show and I am sure we can make that fun infectious during the run of Snow White."

Tickets are available now for the show, which runs from December 9 to December 31.

DS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (03-03-2011)

They're going to make a great double act into panto.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Cuddly toy, toaster, cutlery set, radio and, oh yes, knighthood…

He’s waited decades for the coveted prize to come along, and yesterday king of light entertainment Bruce Forsyth was celebrating after being told he will become a Sir.

The former Generation Game presenter last night spoke of his joy at the announcement, which comes after years of campaigning by fans and even politicians.

Brucie said receiving the honour at long last had “made his life worthwhile”.

Toasting the news with a glass of champagne, the 83-year-old Strictly Come Dancing host, whose wife Wilnelia Merced is visiting her native Puerto Rico, said: “She comes home tomorrow and I can’t wait to go to the airport to welcome her back and call her ‘My Lady’.

“I’m over the moon. I have known about the knighthood for four weeks but now that it’s *actually happened, it’s a real honour.” Of the campaign to knight him, he added: Michael Grade put in a good word. Elton John even put into print ‘Why hasn’t Bruce received this honour?”’

Strictly co-host and Mirror fashion columnist Tess Daly spoke of her delight for Brucie. She said: “I got tears in my eyes when I heard, and I know how proud and happy this will make him.

“This honour is fantastic news and I’m so proud of him. Go, Brucie, I can’t wait to have a glass of bubbly with you.

“I’m so ridiculously happy, I’ve been ringing round everyone since I heard.”

There have been internet petitions and even a parliamentary Early Day Motion signed by 73 MPs demanding Brucie be knighted. The mystery of why it has taken so long to give the legendary TV star a knighthood was finally revealed last night – it’s because he already has a CBE from 2006.

A Cabinet Office official explained: “Committees like to see another four or five years further achievement or service before they consider a further award.”

Bruce Forsyth knighted: Sir Brucie's career in pictures and video

Other celebs given gongs in the Queen’s Birthday Honours didn’t have to wait quite as long as Brucie.

The King’s Speech star Colin Firth was awarded a CBE for his services to acting.

Colin Firth won an Oscar for The King's Speech

It means the Queen will get the chance to tell him in person what she thought of his role as her dad George VI.

It caps a memorable year for Firth which saw him pick up a string of awards, most notably the Best Actor Oscar for his acclaimed performance as the stuttering monarch.

There was an OBE for Bernard *Cribbins – actor, chart star, Doctor Who sidekick and voice of The Wombles.

The 82-year-old, awarded for his services to drama, said he was “gobsmacked” at the news as he did not anticipate being honoured. He added: “It’s a great surprise. My dad would have been delighted.”

Roxy Music legend Bryan Ferry, 65, receives a CBE.

Former EastEnders star Brooke Kinsella, 27, gets an MBE for her campaign against knife crime, sparked by the murder of her 16-year-old brother Ben in 2008.

Author Julia Donaldson, 62, best known for The Gruffalo, caps a momentous week in which she was appointed the Children’s Laureate by being awarded an MBE.

OBEs go to Graeme Garden, 68, and Tim Brooke-Taylor, 70, *creators of classic 70s TV series The Goodies with Bill Oddie, 69, who received his in 2003.

The pair often took the mick out of the honours system in their radio and TV shows. Garden said: “It’s quite ironic considering how rude we were about it all those years ago.”

Other broadcasters honoured include BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour presenter Jenni Murray, 61, who is made a dame, and Radio 2 DJ “Whispering” Bob Harris, 65, gets an OBE. He revealed he mistook the notification for a pension letter.

Harris added: “It’s an incredible honour. I never would have dreamt it.”

OBEs were also awarded to conceptual artist Gillian Wearing, 47, and Elton John’s PR guru Gary Farrow, for services to the music industry and charity.

Emma Freud received an OBE for service to charity for her work on Comic Relief with partner, film-maker Richard Curtis.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...#ixzz1Oy4QqOKR

Thread Information