Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Britain's Got Talent 2011

Britain's Got Talent 2011

Piers Morgan has signed a £5.5m deal to replace Larry King.

The Britain's Got Talent judge agreed to the four-year contract with US network CNN and will work for 30 weeks of the year so is expected to move to the States.

Chat show legend Larry is due to step down from Larry King Live later this year and rumours had been rife as to who would replace the 76-year-old interviewer.

American presenters Ryan Seacrest and Katie Couric were said to be in the running but producers thought former newspaper editor Piers would make the ideal replacement.

However, Piers' new deal means he will have to quit his role on the Britain's Got Talent judging panel because he will not have enough time to commit to the programme.
    So no Piers next year

Paul O'Grady is reportedly being lined up to replace Simon Cowell on the judging panel of Britain's Got Talent.

O'Grady, who moved to ITV last year, will allegedly replace Cowell after he quit the audition stage of the show.

A source told The Sun: "Paul is famous for being a no-nonsense operator. He'd be perfect."

Piers Morgan is also said to be leaving the show, after being rumoured to have signed a US chat show deal.

James Corden and Peter Kay are being tipped to join 'Britain's Got Talent' after reports that both Piers Morgan and Simon Cowell will quit to concentrate on their US TV careers.

'Gavin and Stacey' star James reportedly 'caught the eye' of Simon when he performed a World Cup song during one of the live shows earlier this year.

A source told the News of the World: "James is up for doing it. And Simon thinks he has the charisma and humour to carry the panel, especially if Simon leaves the show as well."

Meanwhile, comedian Peter Kay is being considered as a replacement for Simon Cowell if he quits, as widely expected, to work on the US version of 'The X Factor'.

The Sunday Mirror claims that if Simon goes, Amanda Holden may also be axed to make way for an all-new panel, with Paul O'Grady joining Peter Kay and James Corden as the final new judge.

A show insider told the paper: "Amanda loves ‘BGT’ and she will be devastated if she is dropped. But this isn't personal, it's business.

"As far as viewers are concerned, the panel comes as a trio. So, with two-thirds of them leaving, the opportunity for a complete overhaul was too good to miss and unfortunately Amanda could be a casualty in that."

Piers Morgan has reportedly signed a new two-year deal with ITV.

The Sun claims that the contract, said to be worth £2.6m, will cover 12 new episodes of Piers Morgan's Life Stories.

The new deal will reportedly also see Morgan host six other shows similar to Piers Morgan On..., although he will allegedly not return as a judge on Britain's Got Talent.

The contract comes shortly after American news channel CNN confirmed that Morgan will replace Larry King on the network.

"ITV are mad keen on Piers and he has told them he can fit in his Life Stories show around his new CNN gig," a source claimed. "He can't do Got Talent though, so he's had to give that up, but I think he knew he probably wasn't going to get asked back next year anyway. But he will be doing America's Got Talent, so he'll still have his fair share of idiots."

Meanwhile, an ITV insider reportedly said: "We're delighted to have secured Piers for another two years. Unfortunately he will not be around to do Britain's Got Talent but this gives us a good opportunity to refresh the panel."

Morgan will start hosting his new CNN programme in January.

Piers Morgan has confirmed that he will be leaving Britain's Got Talent in favour of his new CNN chatshow.

The Life Stories host, who has appeared on the talent show's judging panel since its debut in 2007, told the Daily Mail that his forthcoming role as replacement for veteran CNN anchor Larry King will make it impossible to film the next series of Britain's Got Talent.

Morgan said: "There's been considerable speculation about what my new CNN job means for my role on Britain's Got Talent.

"Well, sadly, I can now confirm that I will have to quit BGT, as I will be ensconced in New York interviewing popes, presidents, pugilists and popstars when the auditions are filmed next year."

He added: "I'll miss the late-night drinking sessions with Amanda [Holden], and Ant and Dec - for Geordie midgets, they can pack it away... Most of all, I'll miss winding up my co-judges, and being wound up by them.

"Amanda, please stop crying; I'll still find time to see you in my American trailer. And Simon, thanks - sincerely - for the ride. It's been a blast."

Sharon Osbourne is reportedly being considered to join the Britain's Got Talent judging panel.

According to the News of the World, the former X Factor judge is in advanced talks to replace Piers Morgan, who is leaving to host a chatshow on CNN.

A source said: "This is a big move for Sharon because things are going so well for her in America but she really wants to do it. Simon has always loved Sharon and they have remained very close despite her leaving The X Factor.

"She has proved she is popular on the US version of BGT - and he promised her when an opening came up here she'd be first in line. He is keen to make sure he doesn't repeat the embarrassment of when Kelly Brook flopped on the panel. Sharon is tried and tested."

Paul O'Grady is also rumoured to be joining the panel to replace Simon Cowell during the audition stage of the talent competition.

CAMP comic David Walliams has been offered a staggering £500,000 to be a judge on the next series of Britain's Got Talent.
    The Little Britain star, 39, was formally approached by ITV chiefs on Friday.
    But David, married to supermodel Lara Stone, 26, has told pals he is holding off to find out the final line-up before he signs a contract.
    A friend told The Sun: "David is a huge fan of the show. It's a big offer, but he's holding out for more.
    "He won't commit until he knows exactly who else is on board."
    Simon Cowell, 51, is quitting the auditions to focus on X Factor USA, but should return for the live finals. And Piers Morgan, 45, has left the show which produced Susan Boyle to replace US talk show star Larry King in a multi-million pound deal.
    Comic Paul O'Grady, 55, has been linked with one of the empty seats next to Amanda Holden, 39.
    But the source added: "David's unsure about being on the panel with another comedian. He wouldn't want to be in a battle for the limelight with another quick-fire joker."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz15OzHixNu

THE SUN revealed yesterday how DAVID WALLIAMS has been tapped up to be a new judge on Britain's Got Talent with a £500,000 salary.
    Well, here's more gossip about other names being linked with a new panel on the hit ITV1 show.

SIMON COWELL swapped numbers with actress PATSY KENSIT and they have been texting to meet up for dinner. Meanwhile, AMANDA HOLDEN is struggling to juggle BGT with playing Princess Fiona in the musical of Shrek. I wonder, I wonder.

A source said: "Simon is working hard to finalise the judges. There may be wholesale changes. MICHAEL McINTYRE and PETER KAY are also on a list but they'd break the bank."

Patsy on Britain's Got Talent? She's definitely got a good eye for spotting rock stars...

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz15W7aUoYS

There is already a thread on this http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...ot-Talent-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    We can use this one as there was more response on this one.. have deleted the other thread
    Super Mod

Thread Information