Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Rhona (Zoe Henry)

Zoe Henry has admitted that she thinks Rhona Goskirk's secret plan to leave the village is "appalling".

Rhona is currently plotting to start a new life in France with her young son Leo (Harvey Rogerson) and her new partner Graham Foster (Andrew Scarborough).

Leo's dad Marlon Dingle (Mark Charnock) discovered what she was up to at Christmas, sparking a huge argument as he didn't want to be cut off from his son. However, Marlon now wrongly believes that the move has been called off, meaning that he's in the dark again.

Speaking about Rhona's behaviour, Zoe explained: "I think she's so aware that Kim has her watchful eye over her and Graham. They both feel that they'll never be happy with Kim around and she won't leave them alone. She seems to be omnipresent!

"Rhona has been a bit blindsided by how much she hates Kim, and how things have gone sour at the vets. Jamie has turned on her and she's feeling really uncomfortable about the whole situation. She feels that it's all going wrong in the village of Emmerdale, so she wants to get away."

Zoe continued: "As much as I can understand where she's coming from, I don't think she's thinking about the parental stuff around Leo.

"This is the second time Rhona has attempted to go abroad with him. As a parent myself, I think it's appalling and unforgivable, really. I would never forgive anybody who did that to me.

"But again, she's not thinking so clearly – there's a lot going on in her head. Rhona is just focused on escape and getting away, which is clouding her judgement.

"I hope Rhona and Marlon can get back on track because they've had a long history together and they share a child, so they need to get along. But it's not looking good at the moment."

Next week's episodes see Rhona left shocked when she realises that Leo's passport is missing. She confronts Marlon over this, inadvertently tipping him off that she might still be planning to leave with Leo.

Zoe added: "It's an ill-judged moment from Rhona, but she just sees red and instinctively responds to what happened. She goes marching over to the pub and confronts Marlon without thinking it through.

"It's not her finest moment, but she's so enraged that he's trying to stop her from going. Marlon didn't know that she is planning to leave again, so it's really cloak and dagger. It's an awful moment between them and they're horrible to each other. She's really angry with Marlon.

"Afterwards, it all just boils over and Rhona decides that she's done in Emmerdale. It feels like it's the end of the road for her in the village."

Show bosses have already revealed that Rhona's escape plan won't go ahead as expected, as Graham is about to be killed off in a big murder mystery storyline.

Digital Spy

gus has the passport to get the embryos

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (16-07-2023)

will her stolen passport and embryos get revisited?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    will her stolen passport and embryos get revisited?
    Yes. Rhona will learn she has become a mother to a newborn baby. Ex-husband Gus and his new wife Lucy will have a baby with the stolen embryos of Rhona. The baby will be born before Christmas.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

lizann (22-10-2023), Perdita (22-10-2023)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...rk-baby-shock/

Emmerdale's Rhona Goskirk is expected to receive a huge shock towards the end of the year, as she discovers that her ex-husband Gus Malcolm has gone behind her back to use her frozen embryos.

This leads to the revelation that a baby has been born, who Rhona is legally the mother of.

This development will come after Gus returned to the village earlier this year to ask Rhona whether he could use one of the frozen embryos that they had stored while they were together, in order to have a child with his current partner, Lucy.

Rhona was shocked by Gus' request and by his ongoing deception in keeping them, as she had believed that the embryos had been destroyed. Although she considered giving Gus permission to use them, Rhona ultimately decided not to allow it.

But The Sun reports that Rhona will be horrified when she finds out that Gus has betrayed her by faking Rhona's consent and using one of the embryos - meaning that she has become a mum to a newborn baby, who will arrive before Christmas.

The shocking news will then have the potential to put a big strain on Rhona's marriage to Marlon Dingle.

It was hinted in July that the plot would be revisited, when Rhona revealed that she hasn't been able to find her passport - supporting a fan theory that Gus had stolen it in order to pretend that Rhona had consented.

Emmerdale's executive producer Jane Hudson previously confirmed that the storyline wasn't over after Gus departed, saying that "there is a long way to go with that story".

"We always want to find the next big story and I think this is Rhona's next big story," she explained. "It's going to be one that really captures the viewers."

Actress Zoe Henry, who plays Rhona, also shared her thoughts on her character's situation, saying: "She's human and a mother and she knows how hard that battle is. She's caught between a rock and a hard place. But where do you draw the line? If these embryos come to fruition, technically she's a mother again. It's a real conundrum."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (23-10-2023), lizann (22-10-2023)

will this push marlon to gail

she kidnaps baby Ivy and flees the village

she didn't take leo only all about ivy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (09-02-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    she didn't take leo only all about ivy
    Yes she seems to have dumped every body else except Ivy. Not much of a mum is she.

It was a really dumb thing to do and a horrible thing for her children and husband. However, it is hard for me to understand a legal system that would allow for embryo theft and would prevent the biological mother, once a DNA match is proven, to not have shared custody, and for the thief of a father to not be in prison. But even in the US, some states mandate that if a spouse cheats and gets pregnant, then the husband will be declared the father, regardless of the biological father. I just don't get it. Is a marriage like that worth saving?

I am a newer viewer, so don't know. When the passport was identified as missing, did she alert the police or make another legal claim?
    Last edited by ccahill2; 10-03-2024 at 21:52.

Thread Information