Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Kat Slater & Alfie Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    DTC started off well but the rot set in after a few months. This serial rapist revelation is bound to be sensationalised in some way (the fire would have been much better as a genuine accident, I think) and not get the screentime that it should. Being so image conscious, the disfigurement should have been a perfect storyline for Kat but instead her agoraphobia disappeared overnight and she clearly has no problem in the bedroom despite the scars, after the one night stand last week.
    I do agree with some the problems you've highlighted Kim. It was a huge mistake to make Alfie an arsonist, and Kat's scars should have affected her much more deeply than they have.

I think Harry being revealed as serial rapist is a great idea (and very topical) and could be compelling stuff if written well. I guess we'll have to see how the storyline progresses but I'm hopeful it'll be sensitively done (as Linda's rape has mostly been).

DTC is certainly not perfect but I've been really enjoying EE again for the first time in years, so on the whole I'm delighted with him at the moment.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 16-01-2015 at 13:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Harry didn't leave £18,000 to Zoe, it was a birthday present.
    Are you sure about that? According to Eastenders Wiki, he left it to her in his will. Extract below:

"........Harry calls Kat a bitch and leaves in a taxi. Kat attempts suicide but is found in the park by Zoe and is rushed to hospital. The following year [2002], Charlie receives news that Harry has died from a heart attack. Harry leaves Zoe £18,000 in his will, but when Zoe sees how much the idea of taking anything from Harry is upsetting Kat, she burns the check saying she doesn't need his money."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (17-01-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Are you sure about that? According to Eastenders Wiki, he left it to her in his will. Extract below:

\\"........Harry calls Kat a bitch and leaves in a taxi. Kat attempts suicide but is found in the park by Zoe and is rushed to hospital. The following year [2002], Charlie receives news that Harry has died from a heart attack. Harry leaves Zoe £18,000 in his will, but when Zoe sees how much the idea of taking anything from Harry is upsetting Kat, she burns the check saying she doesn't need his money.\\"
    Positive, I've just found the clip on DailyMotion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video /xcqw6m_eastenders-harry-sends-zoe-a-cheque_shortfilms

I've put a space in the link as it wouldn't show up in the post otherwise.
    Last edited by Kim; 18-01-2015 at 20:13.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

parkerman (19-01-2015)

Thanks Kim. Yes, you're right.

However, if Zoe never cashed the cheque, it means it would still have been in his account when he died and he could still have left it to her in his will, which is how it comes to be hers now.

Last edited by parkerman; 19-01-2015 at 05:43. Reason: Same old same old

kat tries to kill herself

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (22-03-2015)

EastEnders will air a dark storyline for Kat Moon next month as she makes an attempt to take her own life.

The long-standing character, played by Jessie Wallace, reaches her lowest ebb as a devastating build-up of troubles finally take their toll on her mental wellbeing.

Kat has faced a number of personal setbacks over the past year or so, dating back to the moment that she and husband Alfie lost the Queen Vic at Christmas 2013.

Without the pub to rely on, things later became worse for the Moon family as their financial situation deteriorated further. This led to Alfie seeking a reckless solution by committing arson at home in an insurance scam and inadvertently leaving Kat badly burned.

Kat was left humiliated when she and Alfie were forced to squat in an empty flat in Walford as they had nowhere else to stay following the blaze, but the final straw for their relationship came when Alfie's involvement in the fire was finally revealed.

More recently, Kat has also struggled with the revelation that her daughter Zoe wants nothing to do with her, as well as the agonising dilemma of whether to accept money that her abusive uncle Harry Slater left for her in his will.

Kat decides to take Harry's money and starts to write a letter to her solicitor
    © BBC
    Kat in a recent EastEnders episode

Upcoming episodes will see Kat discover that her grandmother Mo Harris has accepted Harry's cash on her behalf, which sends her on another downward spiral and leads to her taking an overdose.

Alfie proves to be Kat's saviour as he realises what she has done and races to her rescue, calling an ambulance so that she can be rushed to hospital.

EastEnders bosses have carefully planned the Kat storyline for several months and it was always the case that her current troubles would lead to her terrible decision.

As a mum-of-four with strong family ties, Kat has so much left to live for and the story will see her start to slowly rebuild her life after she survives the suicide attempt.

Alfie hopes Kat wants him back
    © BBC
    Kat with estranged husband Alfie

Show chiefs have already announced that Kat's story is building up to a guest appearance from Absolutely Fabulous actress June Whitfield. Whitfield's scenes will air in May as Kat continues to explore her past.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-03-2015)

I don't think it's right to say I'm looking forward to this, but Jessie Wallace is going to be amazing, I'm sure. I haven't seen anywhere else mention this yet, but don't forget she did try and kill herself before, when she finally confessed to Zoe about being her mum.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Kat and Alfie to get their own show!

EastEnders’ favourites, Kat and Alfie, will be taking a break from Walford later this year but even though they are leaving Albert Square they will not be leaving BBC One as they will star in their very own drama series.

Life has been a rollercoaster for the on/off lovers over the past few months but Kat and Alfie soon reunite and have the opportunity to put their past behind them. Only this time viewers can follow them as they head out of Walford to start a new life.

The six part drama series has been created by Dominic Treadwell-Collins, EastEnders Executive Producer and it will be written and produced by the EastEnders team.

Speaking about the new drama, Dominic said “In the next few weeks on EastEnders, viewers will witness several huge twists for Kat and Alfie Moon that will change their lives forever. Now is the perfect time to take two of EastEnders’ most beloved and enduring characters out of their comfort zone as they head to Ireland to search for answers to some very big questions… My team here are very excited about creating a whole new drama that stands apart from EastEnders while taking our style of storytelling to a place of stories, myth, secrets and immeasurable beauty.”

Charlotte Moore, Controller BBC One added “Life is anything but dull for favourite EastEnders couple Kat and Alfie as they embark on a new life in Ireland in this exciting drama series. Rest assured, their rollercoaster isn’t set to end any time soon.”

Speaking of their new drama Shane said “Both Jessie and I are absolutely thrilled to be given this amazing opportunity. To have a whole drama focussed around Kat and Alfie is a huge honour for us both and we just can’t wait to start filming.”

Jessie Wallace added “I have always loved working on EastEnders so when I heard of this new drama to take Kat and Alfie outside of Walford, I couldn’t believe our luck. To be exploring the next chapter for Kat as well as working alongside my best mate, Shane, is a dream come true and a huge compliment.”

Kat and Alfie’s new drama series will consist of six hour long episodes for BBC One and will start filming this autumn. it's due to transmit in 2016
    Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 04-04-2015 at 04:56.

Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 04-04-2015 at 04:55.

Thread Information