Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Kat Slater & Alfie Moon

Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else think Kat looks a bit like Vanessa in her blonde wig?!
    Yes very alike

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-09-2010), lizann (16-09-2010), Siobhan (14-09-2010)

Jessie Wallace has admitted that she feared forgetting how to play Kat Moon when she returned to EastEnders.

It was confirmed in February that Wallace and Shane Richie (Alfie Moon) would reprise their roles in the BBC soap. They are set to make separate on-screen comebacks this Friday and next week respectively.

"I was really scared at first," the actress told Inside Soap. "I didn't know what it would feel like to be playing Kat again, because I'd let her go five years ago."

She continued: "As soon as I walked into the Square, though, I felt like I was home. I'm having a brilliant time."

She also revealed that Kat will be mouthier than ever upon her return to Albert Square.

"Kat's outfits are as loud as ever!" Wallace said. "It doesn't matter that she's pregnant - her clothes are still short and skintight. She's more colourful and mouthy than she was before.

"I've actually really missed it. I've missed playing Kat and missed working with Shane."

EastEnders executive producer Bryan Kirkwood recently said that the couple's return would mark the beginning of a new era for the soap.

Jessie Wallace has admitted that she is not looking forward to EastEnders' switch to high definition filming.

The 38-year-old joked that the BBC soap's move to HD was "cruel" on the cast.

"Isn't it cruel?" she told Woman's Own. "They should keep it for wildlife, not for people. My make-up will look so thick."

She continued: "Shane Richie (Alfie Moon) had a hair poking out of his nose the other day. I said, 'You wait until HD - all the mums will be trying to pluck it out of the screen!'"

Wallace has also been discussing her fear of returning to EastEnders after five years away.

She will make her on-screen comeback this Friday September 17.

I'm looking forward to their return

Their departure five years ago was one of soap's most memorable moments.

"I've got a half-tank of petrol," a beaming Alfie Moon told his wife Kat as it snowed outside the Vic during Christmas 2005.

"I've got furry dice. I've got about 83 quid in my pocket, and I'm off to see the world. Fancy it? It's for ever and ever. I swear."

How his battered old Ford Capri got even as far as the Blackwall Tunnel is one of life's great mysteries.

But now they're back - remarkably, looking five years younger than when they left - and embroiled in yet another of their capers.

After phoning her nan for help, the first we see of a desperate Kat is in a café on Monday, incongruously disguised in a blonde wig and wearing a trench coat.

"You can't sit there in a syrup with your nose in a trough and not expect me to ask," Ma Mo barks, after handing over Zoe's birth certificate. But the story that unfolds is as ridiculous as any of the other scrapes she's found herself in.

Claiming Alfie's dead, Kat's on the run from a Northern thug called Frankie after relieving him of £40,000 in a timeshare scam they staged in Spain. And now she needs a new identity, although trying to pass herself off as her daughter might be a little ambitious.

But by Tuesday, she's hiding in the Slaters' kitchen as two thugs with baseball bats hold Stacey's daughter Lily hostage in exchange for the money Kat stole.

Noisy, chaotic and just a little bit silly, at least Jessie Wallace as Kat and Shane Richie as Alfie are reunited.

Dressed in that familiar leather coat, it's Alfie posing as CID who comes to the rescue. But after being apart six months, for him to call Kat fat is not a wise move.

"I ain't fat, you stupid, stupid man," she yells in the Square, opening her coat to reveal a large bump.

"You're pregnant," Alfie gasps, proving nothing gets by him. "And it's not yours," she declares defiantly.

What a welcome home...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (18-09-2010), lizann (22-09-2010)

Ah one happy me, can't wait for Monday now

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessie Wallace For This Useful Post:

alan45 (18-09-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    Ah one happy me, can't wait for Monday now
    Wonder if Alfie Moon will be the cheeky chappie who arrived on the square originally or the boring **** that the scriptwriters made him so he wouldnt be more popular than the Magnificent Mitchells

Jessie Wallace has teased her EastEnders character Kat Slater's reunion with Alfie Moon next week.

Speaking to What's On TV, the actress revealed that her alter ego will strike Alfie (Shane Richie) next week when he unexpectedly returns from jail to find Kat.

She explained: "She punches him! Alfie has come looking for her and hasn't seen her for months. He keeps saying to her 'You're fat' and she says 'I'm not fat. I'm pregnant!'

"Then she says, 'Don't worry Alfie, it ain't yours'. She's peed off with him. He's been in prison and she's had to survive on her own pregnant. But she loves him unconditionally.

"No matter what they do, they will always end up together. She wants stability... a future for the baby and her. She sets him this challenge and he buys it."

So Alfie is the father then yeh?!

Thread Information