Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Do you know what I was going to ask earlier if there is such a thing as decaff tea? As I know there is coffee.. didn't want to sound stupid if there wasn't So there is is there?? x
    There is. I have some in my cupboard which I drink now. It tastes exactly the same as regular tea.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 08-02-2010 at 00:44.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

Abigail (08-02-2010), CrazyLea (08-02-2010)

Can you get that from the supermarket? Is it a special brand or just like normal tea?
    Thanks CrazyLea

I've had decaff tea, as well. All the big brands like Typhoo do a version, as do some of the supermarkets. I've tried several makes and found the branded ones tasted the best (not much different to ordinary tea) although they are quite expensive.

Also, if you're thinking of getting earplugs, I find the wax ones much better than the foam ones. They are both available at Boots.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 08-02-2010 at 13:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Can you get that from the supermarket? Is it a special brand or just like normal tea?
    I have Sainsbury's red label decaf tea. It was on special offer. I can't really taste the different brands, but like Dazzle said most of the big names tend to do them.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Sometimes I like to drink herbal tea from Holland and Barrats. It says "London Fruit and Herb Company" on the box, "Fruit Fantasy Variety Pack", 20 teabags, 4 different flavours, All caffeine free,
    - strawberry and vanilla fool
    - raspberry rendezvous
    - blueberry bliss
    - peach paradise

I hope your sleep is improving, I can't stand it when I can't sleep properly, it really messes my brain up !
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to megan999 For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-02-2010)

Ive tried Kalms before and they worked for a little bit

I have been experiencing insomnia lately now cant sleep until early morning and have tried teas but they are no help

I don't want to take sleeping tablets as they can be addictive

Any advice or help please?

This was discussed on Loose Women today and advice is to switch off tv, pc, mobile etc off at least half an hour before you go to bed, too many brain stimulants if you don't, apparently. Reading a book is more beneficial as can be milky drinks like hot chocolate, ovaltine etc. There are also herbal tablets you can try, ask your pharmacist or doctor for which ones would be best suited, so many factors need to be taken into account .. are you having a lot of stress right now, are you on medication that can be the cause, are you very worried about a certain situation ... Hope you can get a good sleep soon x

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-02-2015), lizann (02-02-2015), tammyy2j (02-02-2015)

a few glasses of wine just try and relax like perdy says above no computer and tv

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-02-2015), Perdita (03-02-2015), tammyy2j (03-02-2015)

Sorry to hear you've been suffering from insomnia Tammy. I've suffered my whole life but have managed to improve my sleep recently.

Light dramatically affects your sleep hormones so as Perdy says stay away from screens (that includes TV) a good couple of hours before sleep. They emit a blue light that keeps us awake for hours as the brain thinks it's sunlight. I've got blue light blocking glasses that I wear a couple of hours before bed, and there are apps that reduce the blue light emitted from screens dependent on the time of day (f.lux for Windows, Twighlight for Android etc). Those apps help a lot but I still need to stay away from screens before sleep or I'm kept awake.

Light in the bedroom is also a big cause of insomnia. It should ideally be pitch black to sleep. If you can see your hand a couple of feet in front of your face the light might be enough to keep you awake. I use a good sleep mask and there's blackout curtains, blinds etc. Even the light emitted from an alarm clock can be enough to keep you awake.

Taking a supplement of the amino acid taurine before bed has helped my sleep too. Magnesium is also supposed to be helpful.

Good luck and let us know if things improve (or if they don't).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-02-2015)

Thread Information