Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: All purpose soap storyline

Soap News: The Queen has voiced her concerns over Sharon’s current storyline in Eastenders and has contacted the BBC to express her doubts about the direction of future episodes.

The character of Sharon, who returned to the square last month, is set to become engaged to Phil Mitchell later this autumn. It is said Her Majesty contacted the BBC after reading about this plot twist in the Daily Star, in order to voice her concerns that the storyline was ‘unrealistic’ and ‘lazy’.

“The Queen is worried that this is leading up to a typically explosive and incredibly depressing Christmas day episode of Eastenders,” said a spokeswoman for Buckingham Palace.

“Just for a change Her Majesty would like to see the residents of Albert Square having a nice time at Christmas - not getting divorced, going mad, or killing each other.”

It is not the first time the Queen has tried to influence British TV drama - last year she insisted on rewriting large parts of the script for the final episode of the sixth series of Doctor Who, “The Wedding of River Song”, as she felt it didn't provide enough of an ‘emotional rollercoaster’.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (26-10-2012), Siobhan (29-10-2012)

However, it has been reported that although Buckingham Palace may be concerned about the Queen's views, most viewers couldn't give a toss what the late great Peggy Mitchell thinks and have advised her to keep quiet.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (26-10-2012), Siobhan (29-10-2012)

Christmas 2012 Albert Square Special:

It was Christmas in Albert Square and everyone was getting ready for Christmas. As the only resident in the street to have seen every Christmas for the last 27 years, Ian was approaching the day with some apprehension. Nevertheless, he had his turkey on the go and was hoping that once, just once....

Over at the Mitchells, Phil was trying to order a take-away for dinner but soon discovered that all the take-aways were shut and realised he might have to make something himself. He looked in his fridge and found a few old sausages, some rashers of bacon and the odd egg or two. "A fry-up," he muttered to himself, "perfect. Just the thing for Christmas Day." He hoped the day would go well as he had invited Billy, Lola, Shirley and Jay over for lunch and Sharon if she wanted to.

The Brannings were preparing a big meal, turkey and all the trimmings, with Max and Tanya sharing the cooking chores. They had a large guest list including Abi, Lauren, Oscar, Derek, Joey, Alice, Rainie, Ava, Cora, Jack and Sharon if she wanted to.

Bianca was breaking open the chicken nuggets for herself, Carol, Whitney, Tyler, Liam, Morgan and Tiffany, while the Masoods, Mas, Zainab, Tamwar and AJ, were looking forward to their stereoype turkey curry.

At the B&B, Denise and Kym were organising a big festive spread for the guests, who consisted of Patrick, Ray and Sasha, while at The Queen Vic, Alfie and Kat were hosting a dinner for Jean, Mo, Roxy and Michael.

After the fry-up was heartily consumed by all the guests, Phil said he had an announcement to make. He said he had spoken to the social worker and had got her to agree that Lexi should be handed back to Lola full time and that he had asked Shirley to marry him and she had said yes. He further announced that he was taking Jay into full partnership at Mitchell's Autos and that Billy would be the manager. Then they all went into the living room to play a nice game of Monopoly.

Max Branning too had an announcement. He said that he wanted to be the first to announce the engagement of Joey and his little daughter Lauren as he was very proud of both of them. Joey added that he had now been reconciled with his father as Derek had sworn that he was giving up crime and, in fact, had only the day before got himself a job as a bus driver and was now going straight. Cora said she had her own announcement and that was that Ava was moving in with her.

Bianca took the opportunity of the whole family being together to say that she had just heard from Ricky and that he had become a millionaire and would be returning in the New Year and the family would be buying a new house and that all their money worries were now behind them.

Once the dishes were cleared away, Tamwar took centre stage to announce that he had heard from Afia and that she was coming back to him as she had decided she couldn't live without him and that as he felt the same way, this news had made him the happiest man in Walford.

Kym was able to inform her guests that she and Ray had set a date for their wedding and they were looking forward to settling down to a very happy life together.
    Alfie didn't wait for dinner before saying that he and Kat had never been happier and that, although she had had an affair, it was all over and they were very much in love and would stay together. Michael said that was funny because he had heard from Janine and that she was coming back to him. Only Roxy looked a bit strained as she couldn't remember where Amy was, but then she suddenly remembered she was upstairs asleep, so that was all right.

Ian took his turkey out the oven and put it on the plate ready to carve for himself, Lucy and Bobby. "That's funny," he said, "I haven't heard any big arguments, guns firing, explosions or anything. Luce, are you sure it's Christmas Day?" Lucy nodded, "Yes dad, it's definitely Christmas Day because the cafe's shut."

Then the alarm clock rang. "Oh no," said Ian, "I knew it was too good to be true." As he said this, he heard the sound of arguing, gun shots and a big explosion. "Welcome to Christmas Day in Albert Square," he said to no-one in particular.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-12-2012), moonstorm (17-12-2012), sarah c (08-02-2013), Siobhan (17-12-2012)

Ah a shooting, row, explosion in Albert Square is as christmas as sprouts
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    You forgot the fake snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    You forgot the fake snow.

At the end of Corrie on Christmas Day there will be scenes of snow coming down on the cobbles while Rita is warbling Christmas tunes. My guess this year is 'Have Yourself a very Merry Christmas' while scenes of characters crying in the Rovers, in their homes etc etc.
    Yeah Merry bl**dy Christmas Stuart Blackburn you phony creep. It will be a Merry Christmas when you and not the turkey gets stuffed!!!!

The month is November 2017, more than three years have gone by since the murder of Lucy Beale and the return to the Square of Nick Cotton, who is now training to be a vicar, having seen the error of his ways thanks to the love and support of Dot, who herself has now retired, receiving a big golden handshake from Mr Opodopolous. Lauren and Peter have been married for just over a year and are expecting their second child. Max and Emma have settled down together and have a very stable relationship, though they have yet to set a date for their marriage.

Sadly, Alfie and Kat split up in 2015 after his part in the fire was revealed. But fortunately Kat was able to find love with a new man who was brought into the Square as a new market trader coincidentally just after the break-up. Tamwar has gone back to stand-up and has been a big hit in the local clubs and theatres and is now awaiting his first appearance on Sunday Night at the London Palladium, while his father got married to Jane, who realised she couldn't face life without him. Shabnam and Kush are also married after Shabnam gave up Islam, becoming instead an outspoken atheist.

Fatboy became the market inspector after Aleks went back home with his wife, leaving a distraught Roxy, who spent the first hour after he'd gone sobbing and the second hour in bed with her new man, none other than Ian Beale. Winston and Tracey got married in the wedding of the year back in 2016 and both were given bigger speaking parts becoming major characters, while Phil and Shirley at last got together after Phil realised what a liability Sharon was. Peggy returned in the early part of 2017 and now lives with them.

So, a lot of changes have taken place on the Square over those three and a bit years since Lucy's death.

Meanwhile, over in an upstairs room of the Queen Vic, Mick and Linda are sitting on the sofa. Mick is looking puzzled as he looks at Linda and says, "L, L, I know sumfink's wrong."

"Nah, nuffink, babe. I'm just a bit tired 's'all."

"Nah, L, I know ya, just tell me what's wrong. Is it me?"

"No, babe, it's nuffink to do wiv you. I'm just tired."

"I know, I'll invite Dean and his new girl friend, Abs, over for a cup of tea, that'll cheer you up."

On hearing the name Dean, Linda immediately emits a high piercing scream and starts ripping up the cushions.

"Ok, ok," says Mick quickly, "we don't 'ave to ask Abs rahnd as well. Just Dean, eh?"

Linda stares at him then turns and runs at the window hurling herself out, falling in a heap on the pavement below."

Mick looks out, "L, L, you can talk to me...."

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-11-2014), Glen1 (09-11-2014), Siobhan (21-02-2015)

Last edited by parkerman; 09-11-2014 at 16:39. Reason: I'm sure you didn't want to read it twice.

Absolutely love it, my better half is wondering what I'm laughing at on the laptop, many thanks for taking the time to put it together. :

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (09-11-2014)

Thread Information