Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Big Brother 2011

EastEnders actor Sid Owen is hotly-tipped to enter the Celebrity Big Brother house next week.

Owen, who is currently on a break from the BBC One soap, is expected to join a rumoured lineup of Tara Reid, Pamela Anderson, Amy Childs and Jedward.

Big Fat Gypsy Weddings star Paddy Doherty, Sally Bercow and Steve Strange are also likely to be on the Channel 5 reality series.

Owen's previous reality TV experience includes a stint on I'm A Celebrity, where he finished third behind Carol Thatcher and Sheree Murphy.

The soap actor also famously had a brief pop career when he recorded a cover of Sugar Minott's 'Good Thing Going' in 2000. Despite reaching number 14 in the charts, his recorded follow-up was never released.

Celebrity Big Brother launches on Thursday, August 18 at 9pm on Channel 5.

Channel 5 has put up billboards around the UK with the wrong start date for Celebrity Big Brother.

In preparation for the reality show's launch on the channel next week, the broadcaster has erected posters with the famous Big Brother eye, the slogan "Biggest Brother Ever" and the date Wednesday, August 17.

However, Celebrity Big Brother will actually start on August 18 at 9pm on Channel 5.

It is believed that the error occurred because of a last minute change in the schedules. Channel 5 is rumoured to have switched the launch date to avoid a clash with Channel 4's movie premiere of Twilight.

Celebrity Big Brother will now be up against dramas The Killing, Torchwood and Single-Handed on the terrestrial channels.

Dirty Sexy Things model Jay Camilleri is expected to enter Celebrity Big Brother on Thursday night, Digital Spy has learned.

The model, who has a passion for acting and music, starred in E4's recent documentary series about everyday life in the modelling industry.

Camilleri, who has featured in a number of major High Street campaigns, is the latest rumoured contestant for the returning reality show.

Another male contestant taking part in the series, who has yet to be revealed, has been billed as a "soap hunk". Former Brookside actor Philip Olivier and EastEnders star Neil McDermott have been rumoured.

Amy Childs, X Factor's Jedward, Tara Reid, Kerry Katona and her mum Sue, and Sid Owen are among the other celebrities linked to the Channel 5 show.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Dirty Sexy Things model Jay Camilleri is expected to enter Celebrity Big Brother on Thursday night, Digital Spy has learned.

The model, who has a passion for acting and music, starred in E4's recent documentary series about everyday life in the modelling industry.

Camilleri, who has featured in a number of major High Street campaigns, is the latest rumoured contestant for the returning reality show.

Another male contestant taking part in the series, who has yet to be revealed, has been billed as a "soap hunk". Former Brookside actor Philip Olivier and EastEnders star Neil McDermott have been rumoured.

Amy Childs, X Factor's Jedward, Tara Reid, Kerry Katona and her mum Sue, and Sid Owen are among the other celebrities linked to the Channel 5 show.

they arent classing sid owen as the "soap hunk" then............

Kerry Katona, Bobby Sabel and Sally Bercow are the first housemates to be nominated for eviction from the Celebrity Big Brother house.

The Coming Clean star was the first of the trio to be placed on the chopping block after failing her secret task to become Big Brother's biggest ever diva. She was then instructed to nominate the two people who would face the public vote with her.

As her fellow housemates watched Katona receive the bombshell in the Diary Room, the I'm A Celebrity winner dropped her head into her hands and declared: "This is awful. How can I compete as a diva when I'm with John and Edward (Jedward). This is so unfair… I can't do this."

After being pressed for a response by Big Brother, Katona finally named fashion model Sabel, explaining: "Only because I don't really know him and he won't open up to me."

However, she quickly clarified: "He's a really nice person and he's really great looking. I just cant talk to him properly yet."

Katona appeared to be even more challenged by her second nomination, but eventually picked Bercow, citing her as the person she didn't have "anything in common with".

Although Katona then quickly expressed an interest in removing the speaker's wife from the chopping block due to her being a fellow mother, Big Brother decided instead to draw a line under the nomination process and confirmed Bercow as the third potential evictee.

Either Katona, Sabel or Bercow will be evicted from the house next Friday after a public vote.

Host Brian Dowling also revealed that viewers this year will vote for the celebrity that they want to save, instead of phoning in to evict their least favourite celebrity housemate.
    Last edited by Perdita; 19-08-2011 at 22:52.

Mohamed Al-Fayed will reportedly enter the Celebrity Big Brother house today in order to confront Darryn Lyons over the death of his son Dodi and Princess Diana.

Al-Fayed accuses paparazzi photographers such as Lyons of invading the couple's privacy and playing a part in their fatal car crash in 1997.

The 82-year-old business tycoon told the Daily Star: "I'm going into the Big Brother house to serve up quite a few surprises."

Meanwhile, a source said: "This will be a real shocker, another Fright Night. Darryn may have many celebrity friends in the world but he also has a lot of enemies.

"Let's just say that Al-Fayed knows of him, what he has done and isn't his biggest admirer."

Al-Fayed's appearance will be shown tomorrow at 10pm on Channel 5, while tonight's highlights show airs at 9.15pm.

has anyone been watching this rubbish.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (21-08-2011), Siobhan (23-08-2011)

I only ever watched the trailers for this show, that is enough for me

I fully intend to miss every episode, and those of the X Factor, too. I will be spending my winter evenings reading Homer (and no, I don't mean Simpson!).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

alan45 (21-08-2011)

This was trash television when it was on C4. Its still trash television now its on 5. At the end of the day its a load of ZEDLEBRITIES SEEKING PUBLICITY. Its even worse than Z factor. Jeremy Kyle generation

Thread Information