• WALES

2 25.00%
  • ITALY

0 0%
  • FRANCE

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 6 Nations 2010

Pretty poor performance by England today. The Italians deserved to beat them

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Pretty poor performance by England today. The Italians deserved to beat them
    Totally agree Alan - very poor performance by England and the Italians deserved to win it. I actually surprised myself by agreeing with Jeremy Guscott for once when he commented on how cr@p England were and after Steve Borthwicks interview, who said how great they played, said how he thought Borthwick must have been thinking he played one game, but in body played a completely different one.

They have to stop this kicking game malarky and get back down to basics.

I thought it a bit rich for Brian Moore to say theta the Italians have previously only beaten the likes of Wales and Scotland but never a team of Englands class.

What a pmpous ass. To think I used to think it was only Jeremy Guscott talked out of his @rse. Even when the Italians were down to 14 men they still played better rugby than England. The wheels may not yet have fallen off the chariot but they are looking decidely wobbly
    Last edited by alan45; 15-02-2010 at 00:02.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Totally! Brian Moore was right when he said they played like a team who couldn't change their game strategy depending on the way the game was being played on the pitch, but talking about a "class" England team?! Huh?! I don't think we've been a "class" team for a long long time and won't be for a long time to come, not without a heck of a lot of work! I'd say the chariot only has one or two wheels left on it - certainly isn't 4 anymore.

Well its another big weekend for the Six Nations this weekend. Wales play Les Bleus tonight, Scotland play Italy tomorrow and in a match which will maybe decide the triple crown Ireland play England at Twickenham tomorrow as well

What a superb weekend of Rugby we had. I felt sorry for Wales not beating the French. I honestly thought they were going to. Still it proved that Les Bleus can be beaten although I really cannot see England or Scotland doing it. The Scots too were unlucky not to beat the Italians.

As for Ireland and England. The best team won. Ireland were the stronger of the two but yet again Danny Care was unavle to contol his temper and led to an England penalty being reversed and Keith Earls scoring a try.

Nice to see Ulsterman Tommy Bowe scoring two as well

JAMES HASKELL insists England can still win the Six Nations.
    The Stade Francais flanker confessed to his 'bitter disappointment' about England's 20-16 Twickenham defeat by Ireland on Saturday.

He said: "At no time did I think we'd lose. We were asking far more questions of them than they asked of us.

"Now we need to go away, regroup during the week and prepare for Scotland in Edinburgh on Saturday week. Then it is France on March 20. We still have the belief and the character to succeed."

Jonny Wilkinson, who scored 11 more points to take his world record to 1,096, said: "It's a hell of a bad feeling."

But England manager Martin Johnson growled: "I want them to keep that horrible feeling inside and release it against Scotland."

Unless the chariot receives a major overhaul they will be destroyed by the French. After all they were VERY lucky to beat Italy
    Last edited by alan45; 01-03-2010 at 01:56.

Ireland/England match was brilliant.. going on stats Ireland shouldn't have one cause they only had 30% possession.. goes to show, it not how long you have the ball but what you do when you get it.. I hope England beat France cause we have a better chances of winning overall
    Super Mod

If you look at the stats Shiv Ireland made three times as many tackles as England. Im sur Ireland had more than 30% possesion. I thought it was more like 45%. In the unlikely event that England beat France they would be more likely winners of the triple crown than Ireland.

If France then beat England and Ireland beat Wales and Scotland then Ireland should win the triple crown. I think the Wales match will be fantastic.

As it stands France are the only ones who can win the Grand Slam

Great game with Ireland and England well done Ireland winning

Thread Information