Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let’s Dance for Sport Relief 2010

Let’s Dance for Sport Relief 2010

Due to popular demand, Let’s Dance for Sport Relief is soon to be returning to our TV screens and amongst the many famous faces to be donning their dancing shoes are Katy Brand, Rufus Hound, Shappi Khorsandi, Jenny Éclair, Linda Robson, Lesley Joseph and Susie Blake.

Also taking to the dance floor will be sporting greats such as footballers Peter Shilton and Rodney Marsh and snooker legends Willie Thorne and Dennis Taylor.

The show will see some of the nation's favourite celebrities pay homage to iconic dance routines in a bid to be crowned champion of the dance floor. They will work with a team of top choreographers to master the moves and with a team of stylists to represent their dance icon's look.

This year’s contestants will be judged by a new and exciting panel - predominantly featuring faces from the world of comedy and celebrities who performed last year. Comedians confirmed so far are Jack Dee and Frank Skinner.

Claudia Winkleman and Steve Jones return to host the show which kicks off Saturday 20th February on BBC One. The series will run over four weeks, culminating in a spectacular final dance off on Saturday 13th March.

Who goes through and who gets a chance to compete in the final will be down to the public and the panel. Proceeds from the voting will go to Sport Relief.

Comedian Robert Webb was crowned champion last year, when he wowed the public and judges in last year’s grand final with his spectacular rendition of Flashdance: What A Feeling. So tune in to see who’s got what it takes to strut their stuff and take the Let’s Dance trophy this time round.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (20-02-2010)

Cast from Holby City, Rosie Marcel and Luke Roberts; Casualty, Charles Dale, Tony Marshall and Ben Turner; Olympians Mark Foster, Iwan Thomas, Leon Taylor, Dalton Grant, Heather Fell and Jamie Baulch; and TV presenters Sam and Mark are ready and waiting for their moment on the dance floor.

They will be joined by news presenters Matt Barbet, Ellie Crisell and Louise Minchin, darts legends Bobby George and Tony O'Shea and weather presenters Becky Mantin, Claire Nasir and Lara Lewington – the latest celebrities to be donning their dancing shoes for Let's Dance For Sport Relief as part of this year's Rise To The Challenge Campaign, it was announced today.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    No East Enders ???????? wow,,, last year it was "minty" and "Christian"...........interesting ......... will be watching this for sure,, any thing that has dancing in it,,, I'm there :-D

Katy Brand for the final LOL

It was soooo funny Im very pleased with the two that went through!

Rufus was brilliant. Another Robert Webb. Would have liked Casualty/Holby to go through but Katy Brand was the funniest.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i love this show, it's great fun. and yep, best two went through last night!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

I didn't want Rufus to go through. I wanted Holby and Casualty
    And Katy Brand though. She was good hah!

Comedians Rufus Hound and Katy Brand triumphed in the first heat of Let's Dance For Sport Relief.

Hound's take on Cheryl Cole's 'Fight For This Love' dance routine was the public's favourite performance of the night and won praise from judges Kimberley Walsh, Jason Manford and Frank Skinner.

"I cannot believe how perfect some of the moves were. I think Cheryl would have loved it too," said Girls Aloud star Walsh.

The judges picked Katy Brand's rendition of Beyoncé's 'Single Ladies' over the casts of Holby City and Casualty recreating 'Jai Ho' from Slumdog Millionaire for the second final berth.

Other performances on the night came from snookers stars Dennis Taylor and Willie Thorne taking on darts stars Bobby George and Tony O'Shea in a version of 'Walk This Way', the BBC newsreaders doing a tango to 'Kiss Of Fire' and British Olympians recreating Madonna's 'Vogue'.

Let's Dance For Sport Relief continues next Saturday at 7.15pm on BBC One.

DS

Kate Garraway and Richard Arnold and Debra Stephenson have made it through to the final of Let's Dance For Sport Relief.

The public's favourite performance was Garraway and Arnold's rendition of 'Born To Handjive' from Grease, which judge Paddy McGuinness had described as "absolutely fantastic".

"Did I just win a dance show?" Garraway laughed. "This means we've got to do it again!"

Judges McGuinness, Miranda Hart and Kelly Brook then had to choose between Sam and Mark's performance of Wham's 'Wake Me Up Before You Go Go' and Debra Stephenson's dance to 'Smooth Criminal'.

Hart opted to save Stephenson, but McGuinness said he was choosing to keep Sam and Mark for "comedy reasons". Brook had the deciding vote and complained that the decision was "hard". However, she eventually chose to keep Stephenson.

Other acts who performed this week were the boxers Carl Froch, Johnny Nelson, Tony Jeffries and Duke McKenzie, comedian Shappi Khorsandi, and the Weathergirls and Michael Fish.

Garraway and Arnold and Stephenson will now join Katy Brand and Rufus Hound in the final of the show.

Let's Dance For Sport Relief continues next Saturday at 7.15pm on BBC One.

DS

Thread Information